What's new

Do you wash your hands after using the toilet?

AJ

Giga Poster
Simple question, really.

I wash my hands after any form of toilet use. But obviously i know some people do not. Ha.

Own up......

fefa

Mega Poster
Jesus christ this is the strangest thread EVER.
Besides: Do you really think anyone who doesn't wash their hands after the toilet would admit it?
Sometimes it's even best not to know lol

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes. Why should I inflict my groin germs on other people without their consent?

Anybody who doesn't wash their hands after using the toilet is a disgusting, foul animal.

Wetting them under running water does not count as washing. This is how you should wash your hands.
handwashing-steps.jpg

(Although I admit not turn turning off the tap with a towel. I usually turn the tap off before drying.)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah, as if anyone will own up in here.

I'd say about 90% of public toilet visitors do not wash their hands, given that I never see anyone else washing their hands, ever.. Plenty of people run their hands under the tap, but soap is an alien concept.

Of course I do. I rarely go to the **** toilet other than to wash my hands. :p

fefa

Mega Poster
Joey said:
t I never see anyone else washing their hands, ever.. Plenty of people run their hands under the tap, but soap is an alien concept.

Exactly! I notice that especially at the gym when guys take a dump and just let water run over their hands for 1 or 2 seconds and then go on to touch all the gym equipment which you have to touch and hold after them, it simply disgusts me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I always do and it always annoys me when people don't. It also annoys me when the soap dispensers are out of soap.

I never dry my hands though unless there are paper towels (public) or a hand towel (private). Hot air driers are the worst things ever...

scary stuff about hand driers said:
Effective drying of the hands is an essential part of the hand hygiene process, but there is some debate over the most effective form of drying in washrooms. A growing volume of research suggests paper towels are much more hygienic than the electric hand dryers found in many washrooms.

In 2008, a study was conducted by the University of Westminster, London, and sponsored by the paper-towel industry the European Tissue Symposium, to compare the levels of hygiene offered by paper towels, warm-air hand dryers and the more modern jet-air hand dryers.[21] The key findings were:

- after washing and drying hands with the warm-air dryer, the total number of bacteria was found to increase on average on the finger pads by 194% and on the palms by 254%
- drying with the jet-air dryer resulted in an increase on average of the total number of bacteria on the finger pads by 42% and on the palms by 15%
- after washing and drying hands with a paper towel, the total number of bacteria was reduced on average on the finger pads by up to 76% and on the palms by up to 77%.

The scientists also carried out tests to establish whether there was the potential for cross contamination of other washroom users and the washroom environment as a result of each type of drying method. They found that:

the jet-air dryer, which blows air out of the unit at claimed speeds of 400 mph, was capable of blowing micro-organisms from the hands and the unit and potentially contaminating other washroom users and the washroom environment up to 2 metres away.
-use of a warm-air hand dryer spread micro-organisms up to 0.25 metres from the dryer.
-paper towels showed no significant spread of micro-organisms.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Germs, shmerms...

Actually - I had to wait to wash my hands in sainsburys today, all three sinks were being used by people shaving! one guy was even doing his sideys!

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Of course I wash my hands after using the toilet. And it annoys me to no end to see how many people in public restrooms simply don't bother. It's not that I'm a germophobe, it's just that I'm health conscious and not a slob.

But what really bothers me are public bathrooms where the door is designed such that it opens into the bathroom and can only be opened by turning a knob or handle. It kind of defeats the purpose of washing my hands if I have to touch the same filthy knob that Guy Who Just Took A Dump And Didn't Wash just touched. Seriously, does anybody think these things through?

kimahri

CF Legend
Nooooow, if I have a massive banging **** I will always wash my hand, sometime twice if I feel that I didn't wash them enough or I get a paranoid feeling that I didn't. If I'm peeing, nah not really. If I get a bit of splash back then it's a rinse.

Oh, public toilets? Well I ain't ever pooping in one of them and the rare occasion I have to pee then I go around and kick everything to avoid using my hands :D

gforce

Roller Poster
^I did not need to hear that lol.

Anyway of course, Always for at least 1 minute and not just rubbing them side by side but actually doing it the right way.