What's new

Do you scream while riding a roller coaster?

Do you scream?

• nope

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • hardly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the very first ride

• sometimes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • continuously

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I couldn't if i tried lol.
Sometimes i scream on flyin fish or the like just as a laugh lol.

joe

Mega Poster
I am always shouting my head off. When I get home I have a saw throat. It is better than just sitting on the ride, because it is not as good IMO.

Ben

CF Legend
I don't scream on everything, but usually on inversions or big drops I do, or if it's my first time.

A

Anonymous

It depends, sometimes I don't because I'm worried about being sick. But occasionally, like if I'm with a mate and we try to talk then we have to scream. Oh, and if something takes me by surprise too! Although sadly I don't feel comfortable going on some coasters.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll make noise while riding a coaster, but it isn't always screaming, since my friend and I usually screw around while riding, and just scream obscene things, such as "Take it Off!" or play the p*nis game.

A

Anonymous

Nope, I just chant, yell or talk - its all good, like on Thorpe's Colossus, I usually chant the number of barrel rolls sloooowly, or last time "coasterforce, coasterforce, coasterforce, coasterforce" etc etc - even more fun when there's a train of you guys going mad with me :)

c&r

Mega Poster
Depends who I'm with, any rollercoaster club type thing, I'll chant, on my own I'll just talk to whoevers next to me.

kir

Hyper Poster
I only ever scream or make a scene if I'm trying to A) have fun with the people on the ride B) make the people on the ride scared, like on Oblivion! Heh. I've never screamed out of terror, If I was ever scared I'd be really quiet or I'd go "Wooooahhh!".

Rides I love making noise on are Oblivion, because everyone looks up, Vampire, because everyone looks up, Nemesis Inferno, because everyone looks up, Vortex, because everyone looks up, Slammer, because everyone looks up... you get the idea.

thx

Mega Poster
I don't scream usually, when I went on Balder, Colossos and Daemonen, I made somekind of noise, which I don't think you can classify as screaming, I did it, because I was excited and quite scared (for Colossos). Sometimes when I am on some (local) coasters I just shout Yeeh, but usually I don't say anything. I just listen to the others who are screaming. I think it won't be as fun or great to ride a coaster if everyone would be quiet and have their mouths shutted.

A

Anonymous

kir said:
I only ever scream or make a scene if I'm trying to A) have fun with the people on the ride B) make the people on the ride scared, like on Oblivion! Heh. I've never screamed out of terror, If I was ever scared I'd be really quiet or I'd go "Wooooahhh!".

Rides I love making noise on are Oblivion, because everyone looks up, Vampire, because everyone looks up, Nemesis Inferno, because everyone looks up, Vortex, because everyone looks up, Slammer, because everyone looks up... you get the idea.

I am the same way. I scream for fun and when I am actually scared such as the first time I rode Millennium Force I am silent.

Sam

Giga Poster
I have only ever screamed twice-

My first ride on Nemesis (1996)

And my first ride on Oblivion (2001)

Martyn

Giga Poster
Like Kir, I enjoy shouting to get other people to look, because it's funny to see their expressions.
Oblivion is pretty funny seeing everyone turn and look up, and (as you may see from the video) I love just generally shouting at people on the rapids while riding the mine train at AT.

A

Anonymous

i like yelling obsceneties such as where are my pantyhose? on rides like loggers leap when im with a bunch of strangers lol..

AeRo

Hyper Poster

Yeah I have never screamed with fear but do like winding people up or, better still shouting Coasterforce as we go around!

Titan

Mega Poster
If its a huge-arsed mega coaster or somthing I'll be screaming the whole time. If its somthing smaller I'll be screaming on the more intense parts (drops, quick banking turns, ect). And finally if its a flat ride I'll be screaming the whole time. Basically Im a screaming person, cause Im such a chicken usually.

Will

Strata Poster
Depends on the ride. Oblivion, occasionally calls for a scream (of sorts), but the rest of the time it doesn't usually happen. Trying to keep up a conversation on a ride (usually flat) is fun, and rides like Pepsi Max are good for shouting (if I'm feeling particularly weird, I'm quite happy yelling CoasterForce when I'm not at a LIVE, as long as I'm with people I know, and Boulton, Burke or my brother (inevitable future CF member) often join in!), whilst others are more for silence. Depends on the mood I'm in as well :)

A

Anonymous

Mr Kaliyuga scream on a coaster?Give me a break!

I was known to shout "outrageous" on the woodie at Chapultapec Parc in Mexico City....but that's about the extent of it.

A

Anonymous

No, sometimes, like on Ramases Revenge, where its like a show, so everyone on the ride plays up to it, i love it actually, everyone is watching, so everyone on the ride hypes it up!!!
I laugh more than anything, i dunno why though!

that guy

Roller Poster
I never scream but the first time on a ride with a big drop or intense inversions I might say the occasional "woah!" or "Woo!"

Depending on the ride, I sometimes talk but most of the time I'm going around with a big smile on my face :)