What's new

Do you care what people think about you?

Do you care what people htink about you?

• Yes-Totally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• In the middle with yes and no

• Not really

• Very Rarely

• Never

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I don't give a **** what other people think about me, simply put
**** them all.

JonSev

Roller Poster
I bet all of you care when they say something nice. :lol:

Admit it, you always feel good when someone compliments you sincerely.

A

Anonymous

JonSev said:
I bet all of you care when they say something nice. :lol:

Admit it, you always feel good when someone compliments you sincerely.

Not always, people will say anything if they want a favour from you. I'm sorry to say that I do automatically think the worst, so when someone comes up to me and says "I like your jumper" I automatically think "Is he trying to steal my wallet?"

Having just written that, I noticed you slipped the word sincerely in there, but then the people who give you sincere compliments are the people who would listen to you, the people who when they say "Whoa, Richard, don't you think that wearing a musical tie to a funeral is insensitive" you think - he's right, "my musical tie is a bit OTT, perhaps my zebra print tie is better as it's black and white".

The context of the original question was "Are you self-concious enough not to worry about what strangers or vague acquaintances think?" and the answer everyone likes to give is "No, I'm a strong confident person".

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a compliment or taking a word of advice, but everyone loves to comment and criticise (I know I do) and to take heed of what everyone says is pointless (unless I'm saying it).

JonSev

Roller Poster
Well in context, I guess. The questions was "Do you care what people think about you?" and "Do you?"

I guess because the first post was about backstabbing, you can say its about the deep bad stuff that people say.

But people fail to look at the good side of people talking about you. =P

And yes, I always do suspect the worst. But when I realize that theyre being serious about it, I feel good.

AND if people talk about you...you are at least interesting enough to be talked about. :roll: Its better than the ones that no one knows exist.

Mark

Strata Poster
For me it all depends on who it is I guess. For isntanse, at my first Cf Live I really hoping i'd be liked and welcomed. I was.

In terms of just random people and the such like or people who are just passing entities it really does not bother me.

So I guess i'm on the sometimes yes, sometimes no front.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Yes I suppose you are right Mark....we all care about what the people we care about, think of us. I will certainly make real efforts to support those I count as friends.

A

Anonymous

i care about, and consider, everyone's opinion of me. however, i live for my own satisfaction, and will never sacrifice that.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I care about what people think because I like meeting new people. If I didn't care, then essentially, I wouldn't be bothered bout anyone outside the current group of friends I have.

andyc123

Roller Poster
Not at all... only if one of my close friends says it, then I know it must be true and it's therefore commit suicide time :D If some loser says it, then a juicy come-back is in order...