What's new

Djurs Sommerland | Drage Kongen | Intamin Suspended Family Coaster

Jared

Hyper Poster
Re: Djurs Sommerland 2017 - New Big Attraction

I think that's what I don't get with this is the need for another family ride. They've got too much now that suits the family market and could really use a big looping coaster. There's no coaster that goes upside down there. Let alone any ride that does.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Djurs Sommerland 2017 - New Big Attraction

Why though? If their core market is of that age group, why try to invest a large amount of capital into a niche in your business? It makes literally NO sense.

Parks like this do it right, if they need to attract a teen/adult market, they build a thrill coaster; if they need to attract a family market, or that is their current core market, they build a family coaster as that's what's going to give the biggest return investment and cover costs. It's a 'business strategy', not 'what a coaster enthusiast wants them to buy strategy'.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Re: Djurs Sommerland |unknown| Intamin Suspended Family Coas

To me this ride sounds similar to Piraten and Juvelen in the sense they are both thrilling, without being too intimidating. I think it fits the park.

Ben

CF Legend

To be fair their other major coasters, Juvelen and Piraten straddle the line of 'family' and 'thrill' well and that's what they're going for here.

Do I think it's completely the right choice? No. Would I have got a B&M? No, because they're 1.4m What I would have wanted is a thrilling coaster, maybe with a few hoops, but still 1.2m. Maybe the Intamin take on Energylandia's new Vekoma? A good woodie? Something like that.

This is just weird cause it's such a knock off of Orkanen? Like it's weird to see Intamin so obviously copying the idea as well.

It's not what I'd call perfect but it'll fit fab Djurs.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Hyde said:
I just don't understand the logic behind this. A 100 ft., 53 MPH inverted roller coaster isn't really a family coaster... it is simply a shorter, slower regular inverted roller coaster with no inversions. :razz:
I think it will fit in very well in the park. As soon as you start to add inversion you cut down on the number of potential guests who want's to ride the coaster.
Hyde said:
After all, €12M Euro converts to roughly $13.3M USD. And B&M inverts typically start right in the $13-14M USD price window; OzIris actually cost exactly €12M.
This is a very elaborate family coaster, but for slightly more money you could have instead invested into a proper adult roller coaster.
We don't know what's for the ride and what's not for it. I'd be very surprised if all the money is for the coaster. Remember that they are creating a new land and that they have very big ambitions for theming.
Jared said:
I think that's what I don't get with this is the need for another family ride. They've got too much now that suits the family market and could really use a big looping coaster. There's no coaster that goes upside down there. Let alone any ride that does.
A looping coaster will come some time in the future, as of right now there is no need for one. If you go to the park on a busy day then the long lines are for the three family coasters and Piraten is usually a pretty quick one.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

_koppen said:
If you go to the park on a busy day then the long lines are for the three family coasters and Piraten is usually a pretty quick one.
QFT. Whenever I've visited the park the queues for the other coasters, including the Big Apple (before it closed), were longer than the one for Piraten. The park seems to know their clientele, as well as their competition, very well and I wouldn't be surprised if this coaster is a huge success.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

That price tag is definitely including theming.

andrus said:
So, not that I don't trust Kian, but the local newspaper posted an article where they officialy confirm that it'll be an Intamin: Randers Amtsavis

What? I confirmed Intamin as well. :p

andrus

Giga Poster

^I did write that I trust you :wink: But I would hardly call an enthusiats claim an "official" source; hence the link to the newspaper and interview which make it very obvious that Intamin it is! :--D

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

andrus said:
^I did write that I trust you :wink: But I would hardly call an enthusiats claim an "official" source; hence the link to the newspaper and interview which make it very obvious that Intamin it is! :--D
I was going to mention that the park also sent me a press release saying the manufacturer is Intamin, but you would have had to take my word on it as well. :wink:

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

andrus said:

Ah, okay. Got it :--D

Btw, I've seen the full layout and it looks pretty sweet for a family coaster!

andrus

Giga Poster

ECG said:
I was going to mention that the park also sent me a press release saying the manufacturer is Intamin, but you would have had to take my word on it as well. :wink:
Haha, but if you would have written that the park sent you a press release, I would definitely have trusted you :p

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Btw, I've seen the full layout and it looks pretty sweet for a family coaster!
Ahh, interesting! :--D Any hints to what the "unique feature" might be? :wink: Could it honestly be something as simple as airtime?? I've been thinking for a while what it could be.. And there are very few inverts with proper airtime hills (the only ones that I could think of at the top of my head where Afterburn and Pyrenees). Plus there was a big ass airtime hill in the renderings, and airtime is certainly something that "roller coaster enthusiasts all over the world will be very happy about"!

Ben

CF Legend

^Dragon Challenge has one too.

But honestly that'd be a very niche and weird thing to promote like that, so it won't be that.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

andrus said:
Ahh, interesting! :--D Any hints to what the "unique feature" might be? :wink: Could it honestly be something as simple as airtime?? I've been thinking for a while what it could be.. And there are very few inverts with proper airtime hills (the only ones that I could think of at the top of my head where Afterburn and Pyrenees). Plus there was a big ass airtime hill in the renderings, and airtime is certainly something that "roller coaster enthusiasts all over the world will be very happy about"!

I don't know what the unique feature will be and whatever it is, it's not apparent on the top-down layout plan I have.
It's definitely not the airtime though.

Ben

CF Legend

To be fair there's not going to be a lot else to the layout other than what is in that video.

If the special element is track related I imagine it'll be a 'show' element, ala drop track etc.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

With all the fire in that announcement video I wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of pre-show with flames. After all, they put a pre-show in Juvulen and it's fab.

Could the unique element be something as simple as a new type of restraint for an invert? He said it's something that makes all coaster enthusiasts happy, and we do like to whine about OTSR's!

Ben

CF Legend

I'm thinking something like a pre show or drop track or something.

Things like lap bard have been done and are just a bit, dull? If it is that they'll have built it up too much cause lap bars on this should really be expected now not a plus?

davidm

Strata Poster

Something to do with the tunnels? Seemed to be a few of them on that video.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Serena said:
Could the unique element be something as simple as a new type of restraint for an invert? He said it's something that makes all coaster enthusiasts happy, and we do like to whine about OTSR's!

It won't be about the restraints, and this will have lap-bars.

Thinking the special element is dark-ride related.

Olaf

Mega Poster

What about a launched lift as new feature? There has never been a launched invert

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk