What's new

"Dizz", Maurer Söhne spinner for Bobbejaanland

Nic

Strata Poster
A MS Spinner is a great choice for the park. It fits their ride portfolio perfectly and is ideal for their core audience. To me, Bobbiejobbieland is kinda like the Flamingo Land of mainland Europe. They keep merrily building interesting stuff, yet they often get overlooked.

I'll be interested to see how this gets themed. Some of their rides are themed beautifully, whereas others have just been plonked. Look at their recent King Kong ride for instance. Ok, it's a rubbish ride, but it looks AMAZING. Ok, so that's probably an off the shelf ride, rather than being themed by the park, but it still shows that they see a well themed ride as being important.

I also wonder where its going? Its a beautifully green and leafy park, and there's plenty of space around and about, but it'd be a shame to make it feel any more cramped. It's got a lovely mixture of discovering whole lands round corners that you didn't see coming, without feeling like you've walked 30 miles for the privileged.

Of course, I'm also deeply unimpressed by this, as I only went this year, and will blates have to go back again now to get the extra CRED! ;)

peep

CF Legend
Looking at the pics Marc posted the link to it would appear the location will be near the rapids? and will have minimal theming, if any.

Thanks for the info and linkage Mr Marc. Looks like an interesting layout, bit like Fury, and Fury is amazing. However I see no 90 degree banked turn which makes me sad.

Looks like I too will make a trip to the park next year, never been there before and I think this is going to be a good reason to go :p

andrus

Giga Poster
I love MS spinners so I think it'll be a great addition to the park! Was this park supposed to be included in the eurolive last year? In that case it might just turned out to be good that it was cancelled since this will be one more awesome credit! :)

jokerman

Giga Poster
I know that isnt the best picture to be basing this on, but I can hardly see any blocks on the plans. Poor throughput?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Obviously I'm only really guessing, but I think there are at least three MCBRs:

Untitled-1.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I thought that too... wonder why they opted for the change?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks like it uses considerably less supports. Maybe that's why.

Either way it looks sexy, I love these spinners.

peep

CF Legend
marc said:
I feel a trip there in the year is on, never been there before.

Ditto.

That track looks so much better though, wonder if this is down to the weight issue the other spinners have been having?

Nic

Strata Poster
^Wonder if they'll change the restraints at all as well?

Oh, plus, aren't we going on the way back from Holland?

Where is this? Is it over in the leafy no-mans land between King Kong/evolution and the frisbee thing? If so, that's awesome.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It's because of the '!' in the middle of the link.

Ben

CF Legend
I was going to suggest that there was an awesome possibility that this might be one of them spinning X Cars there was concept art for YEARS ago, or a train of cars like the Mack Spinners cause of the new track.

Then I looked at the concept art and my dreams were crushed :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
That is the track they use for the X-Car, right? I wonder why they're using that now?

Its going to be weird seeing them little cars on that track.