What's new

"Dive Coaster" - B&M Dive Machine for Happy Va

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

UC do you have to be a twat all of your life?

No, but it was a fair point in this case - Goliath only had to read two posts above his, I don't blame him for being infuriated -furie

Mike T

Mega Poster
The difference is that its painfully obvious when people refuse to read. After taking the time to type things out - only to find that people tend to skip over your posts - its hard not to be a little livid. When somebody one post below yours asks questions you JUST addressed, it ends up feeling like you're talking to a wall. So before you continue to chastise and reprimand, consider the thought that goes into certain people's posts, how long it takes to create them, and how valuable they are to the topic - in relation to the one liners that have suddenly become acceptable behavior on this website...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Mike i agree to a certain extent. it is annoying.
But shoot me for being a pacifist. I don't think a reply like UC's benefits anyone. (although i guess it might make UC feel better :) ) but it certainly doesn't benefit the topic. I just think theres a better way to sort the problem out than to belittle someone for their mistakes.

For people who DO read the threads as a whole, we have to scroll through endless posts of people moaning & bickering at each other. as well as the posts such as Goliath's. Yes it is annoying to read that someone hasn't read your post but that doesn't mean you have to belittle them, insult them and make them feel downright crap about what they wrote.

Anyway by writing this I've managed to not add anything important to the topic and crossed my own point... bugger

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
[Part edited, see above post]

I also only post ride information when i get it. Which i did about 2 days ago on the EAS thread which ended up with people bickering anyway. joy.

as for this ride. An extensive search yesterday turned up nothing on the picture front apart from a rough completion date in he end of November (mentioned above)

The park will also be building what looks like a hotel/resort into the cliff face of an old quarry. I will try to dig up a rendering of it tomorrow but it looks quite impressive.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
UC said:
I doubt you’re ever going to see one, because the element itself wouldn’t justify the extra cost.

For the third time – the point of Dive Machines is the DROP – NOT the inversions. I’m willing to bet that if it wasn’t for the fact that Immelmans are so good at turning the train around quickly (minimizing space), you wouldn’t even see THOSE on Dive Machines.

A vertical loop would be pointless on a Dive Machine. It offers nothing to the ride type where the main attraction is vertical drops.

I agree 100% on the issue that a Dive Machine is generally about one thing, but it isn't impossible to bring a coaster down to a more reasonable height, slow it down through a brake run and then have it proceed through an inversion section of the course.

Not the greatest way of doing things, and the inversions wouldn't match the scale of the drop, but thats nothing short of viable.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... so, SheiKra clone after all? And what a name...

But this caught my eye when browsing:
HappyValley1.jpg

Looks like a Vekoma Flyer, or an Invert with the new Vekoma trains. Or a mis-coloured mock-up of Crystal Wings. Anyone know what/where it is?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
06.jpg

Hey all. heres the aformentioned image.... now in Calender format.... downloadable from the Happy Valley site

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well nothing new to the Dive Machine anyways but the setting and theming looks pretty great around the area and it will look awesome with the splashdown and turnaround over the lake.

Great find and thanks for posting. Sure looks like it will be a great park with a great ride line-up!

Brookes

Giga Poster
^Do you have to copy off what someone else has already said everytime you post? If you have nothing else to say what hasn't already been said Josh, just don't bother. I'm not trying to mod but it is so annoying.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I saw on TPR, there were some photos in which this was in the background of the latest Fireball update. As of now, judging by the graphic posted above, the colors, and the supports added so far, I'm guessing it's a SheiKra clone.

Ben

CF Legend
rollerdude said:
I saw on TPR, there were some photos in which this was in the background of the latest Fireball update. As of now, judging by the graphic posted above, the colors, and the supports added so far, I'm guessing it's a SheiKra clone.

No.

The supports are different to Sheikra. It could be very, very similar, but a clone? No.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ben the supports will be different anyway due to the extra bracing for earthquakes (although im not sure if Shanghai actually suffers them like the Chengdu park did) and the different ground layout. Does Shiekra have some buildings under the swooping turn?

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/sheikra_787.jpg
Taken from TPR and Jonnyupsidedown

Im not saying it definetly is a clone. im just saying the support work isnt conclusive either way

Ben

CF Legend
See, that just makes it look more spread out and less steep than Sheikra...

Maybe even suggesting the coaster will be going faster at this point, and thus taller?*

*I have to admit this about the first time I've looked into this coaster, so forgive me if the figures have been released and I'm wrong.

Edit - Yeah, it appears to be a chunk taller than Sheikra... suggesting it's not a clone, no? That's more conclusive.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I forgot all about the height. I guess it won't be an exact clone, but still judging on what has been shown, I'm guessing the layout will be the same, just a larger version.

A

Anonymous

um, how does it look any taller than Sheikra? having ridden on Sheikra a few hundred times by know (well, probably — i go there at least once or twice a month, and ride it at least once or twice every time i go, so…), that ride looks absolutely identical to me! i can only see two supports which look even slightly different, and i'm pretty sure that's because of the differences on the ground…

well, okay: before i sent that in, i decided to look it up on the RCDB — it says this coaster is 213' and Sheikra is 200', but Busch Gardens is under a strict 200 foot limit (or, at least, i'm pretty sure i've heard that somewhere — and, actually, i sort of half-remember Busch Gardens needing special permission to build Sheikra as high as it is! i could be wrong about that, but i doesn't really matter…), and Sheikra's “big drops” go first into a ditch and then into a tunnel — if the whole thing were built above grade it'd be at least 213' tall!

of course, i could be completely wrong about this, and it might blow up in my face, but, so far, it looks completely identical to me…

Status
Not open for further replies.