What's new

Disneyland Shanghai | Tron Coaster | Vekoma motorbike

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
^ That part will stay outside, but with a themed cover as far as I've read.
I'm a bit skeptical too though. I guess Disney knows what they're doing.

Lofty

CF Legend
I thought we knew from the start that the initial launch and overbank were remaining outside? It was on the concept art like that, I'm sure of it?

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Originally Space Mountain was intended to have a portion of the ride outside, to show guests what exactly they were in for. I imagine this part of the ride will accomplish this, along with some story line about going off the light cycle grid (its been ages since I saw Tron).

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
I thought we knew from the start that the initial launch and overbank were remaining outside? It was on the concept art like that, I'm sure of it?

You're right, on the left you can make out the outside layout.

1394529000_db_2012_0718_SDL_Map2_6001.jpg

Martyn B said:
From them pics, the building looks really small... or is rhat just me?

And yes it looks small, but they've managed to cram a decent amount of track in there.

1402852325_Capturedrsquoeacutecran2014-06-15agrave210343.png

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
There was a new piece of concept art last week that shows a much more up to date version of SDL, that shows a good idea of what the 'TRON cover' will look like and just how big the building will be.

Alain over at Disney and More labelled it up in this picture here:

sdlrendbig2titlesc.jpg~original

LINK

And he also goes into more detail about all the rides in this article HERE (the english is a bit broken but it's easy enough to read)

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't wait to see the visual effects that they have inside the ride, I think the lighting effects in Test Track 2.0 are amazing, this can only get better.

Ben

CF Legend
^Just a shame they come at the price of ruining Test Track.

Having said that, it'll really work for a Tron ride. It's just a shame this will be ruined by all the gross mainland Chinese <//3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, those dummies look a little creepy...

But man, that ride looks cool! I can't wait to see some pictures with all the lights on.