Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Disney World

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Edward M

Strata Poster
The two biggest theme park resorts in America pitted against each other. Which is better? The smaller counterpart in California or the larger counterpart in Florida? For those, Tokyo Disneysea fans out there, I apologize, but I'm going to keep to the American parks.

For me, I prefer Disneyland. I think most of their ride versions are superior. I think the environment is a bit more relaxed. I just prefer to be there instead of Disney World

Mike

Giga Poster
Yeah, as a whole the Walt Disney World Resort is far superior to the Disneyland Resort.

WDW has something for everyone. Theme parks, water parks, shopping areas, sports and recreational facilities, night life, events (Food & Wine, etc...), an endless amount of restaurants and hotels, wedding facilities...etc...etc. I don't understand how anyone can come to dislike the place (well, apart from the prices I guess), as there really is a seemingly never-ending laundry list of things to do and see.

The Disneyland Resort obviously has the two great parks, and a Downtown Disney area, but it's clearly missing a lot of things that the much larger WDW has.

Ben

CF Legend
I think what is at Disneyland is higher quality, and the two parks are easily better than the two best parks at WDW (which would be MK and Studios). And the main park in Cali destroys Florida's.

But, there is that bit more at WDW.

If California had the better version of Tower though...

Florida is two parks worth of stuff spread out over four parks, so some of them (AK and Epcot) have about two rides worth bothering with (one at Epcot now they ruined Test Track).

Actually, I prefer California, and I'd rather go back there any day.

marc

CF Legend
Same views as Ben really.

I love Orlando as there is more to do but the mk park in California is better and I loved California Adventure.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Disneyland Resort.

It carries an original authenticity that could not be replicated at WDW. Of course WDW is awesome for its huge footprint and size, but there it is a tradeoff for the original quality that began it all in California.

I'd really have to go back to the Floridian Disney, because I haven't been there in almost thirteen years, but if I had to choose right now it would probably be the one in California. It's hard to compare the two because obviously one has more parks and has more nostalgic value for me, but I think the quality of Disneyland Resort wins out.