What's new

Disneyland Paris PTR - January 2015 - Complete

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Disneyland Paris PTR - January 2015 - UPDATED

I totally agree with you about Paris, the place is a dump better off left to the imagination. I've always hated it haha! Better off sticking to Disney <3. Also I know you were pushed for time in Paris but are you aware of the creds in the park near l'Arc?

Rachel

Coaster MILF

caffeine_demon said:
"Testing the zoom out on my new camera."

I was thinking they were nice pics - What's the camera?

Its a Sony Cybershot - 18 megapixel and 10x Optical Zoom, its pretty good, i'm really pleased with it.

nadroJ said:
I totally agree with you about Paris, the place is a dump better off left to the imagination. I've always hated it haha! Better off sticking to Disney <3. Also I know you were pushed for time in Paris but are you aware of the creds in the park near l'Arc?

Is that J'ardin d'acclimatation? I had looked it up before we went but couldn't find any clear information on the website about whether the creds would be open this time of year or not, so just decided not to bother.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Good report! I'm also not a big fan of Paris, it looks nice in some places but it just didn't wow me and I find it massively overrated. I had the same with London. Although I did like London, it's just so overhyped in my opinion. Amsterdam also belongs to that list. It's not even one of the nicest cities in the Netherlands. Now Stockholm, that city is mindblowingly breathtakingly amazing <3

I will return to Paris to visit Disney and Asterix though, probably in 2017.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Paris is fab; you're a bunch of plebs.

Rachel

Coaster MILF

So the next day was an early one as we had a character breakfast at Café Mickey booked for 8am. I wasn’t overly impressed with the food, it was exactly the same as the hotel except a few hot items added. I suppose your paying for the characters though. There must have been no more than 15 tables taken up so the characters got round pretty quickly and we were out by 9.

Eeyore

Goofy

Tigger

Mickey Mouse <3

By the time we had made our way over to the parks it was quarter past 9 so we decided to wait outside the Princess Pavilion for it to open so we could get meeting another one of the princesses over and done with. A lot of people also seemed to have this idea as by 10am the attraction already had a 2 hour queue. The princesses were Ariel and Tiana so I lied and told the guy at the front that my favourite was Ariel as I’d rather meet her (my favourite is actually Belle but she was nowhere to be seen the whole time we were there :( ). We had our photo taken and said a few words and then were on our way.

Next we headed over to the Studios Park to join the queue to meet Buzz. It was nowhere near as busy as I thought it would be and the queue took about 15 minutes.

So we went and grabbed a fast pass for Rock n Rollercoaster and then joined the half hour queue for Tower of Terror. Remember what I said about our ride on the first day? Well that’s forgotten now because this time it was spectacular and everything I’d hoped it would be. I wasn’t expecting a lot after our first disappointing ride but this time it was spectacular. The first time it drops, that feeling in the pit of your stomach, at one point I honestly didn’t know whether the ride was going up or down and I came out my seat for what felt like a few seconds. It had finally lived up to my expectations and I remembered why I had fallen in love with this ride.

After we went to go and ride Rock n Rollercoaster, I was hoping to get a seat at the front but the ride op wouldn’t let us wait and we were near the back again. Next we headed over to Cinemagique and caught some of the Stars and Cars parade.

So Cinemagique – it was so good! I had no idea what to expect, I’d never even heard of the attraction before but I really enjoyed it. It was really well done and had sort of a classic old Hollywood feel about it. I was happily surprised to see the guy who played the drama teacher from the film Get Over It, he’s amazing! After this we ran to try and see the next showing of Animagique but just missed it so decided to sit down for 5 minutes and drink a nice hot drink. We took a few pictures –

We decided to look around the Art of Disney Animation. It was really interesting, loads of displays and interactive stuff showing you how they create all the best known and loved Disney Characters. There was a particularly interesting display showing all the early concept art for characters like the Beast and Ursula, unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures in here.

We had some time to kill so we went and did a couple of the rides in the Toy Story area, starting with the Parachute drop ride. It was advertising a 50 minute queue but we got on it in 15 minutes through single rider. It had a nice view from the top but the ride itself was fairly average, okay for kids and families though. Also did the Slinky ride, which was okay if a bit short.

On the way back we saw Woody so stopped for a picture.

So next up was Animagique. Again I knew nothing about the attraction, but after watching Cinemagique I was expecting something good and I wasn’t let down. The story was good and included some of the best known Disney songs and it was really enjoyable to watch. Another top show from Disney.

After this we headed over to catch the stunt show. I don’t have anything good to say about it, yea the stunts are impressive and whatnot but as a show it just didn’t seem very well put together and ended up being boring. It didn’t flow well enough and seemed really disjointed, like there were loads of periods where people seemed to just be talking to each other and there was nothing to actually watch.

We finished off the day with a meal at Le Bistrot Chez Remy. I was expecting the place to be heaving but there was only about 5 tables occupied when we got there. The meal was okay, for starter you could only have a salad which was slightly disappointing but I just filled up with the bread. The main course was Steak, Chips and Ratatouille which was really nice and a chocolate mousse for dessert which was also good. The interior of the restaurant looked amazing. For those that don’t know the theme is that you’ve been shrunk down to the size of a rat so there are massive versions of ordinary kitchen items.

The area outside also looks fantastic.

After this we called it a day and headed to Disney Village to stock up on our Souvenirs before going back to the hotel. Few more photos to finish with.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

peep said:
I'm a little surprised a cast member didn't say anything to that silly man to be honest. It looked like he was occasionally sticking it out quite far. Idiot.

LOL!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Disneyland Paris PTR - January 2015 - Day 4 Update

Tower of Terror always confuses me when you rise out of the seat whilst still going up!

The stunt show is crap at the moment (at least it was when I was last there) they had removed all the interesting stunts and explosions).

peep

CF Legend

^The stunt show has always been rubbish, as Rachel says, it is far too disjointed with too much talking and nothing going on. Even when it had all the stunts it was dull. I always love the idea of stunt shows at parks but they all turn out like this and are really boring. Apart from the one at Asterix where it's just constant stunts in a fun action caper. Actually the one at Mirabilandia was pretty decent too.

Looks like you were having a really nice time. Glad to see another Cinemagique fan! (if you like Martin Short (the main actor) check out Innerspace, a film from the 80s, it's pretty great).

Rachel

Coaster MILF

Just a small update to finish this off.....

After dropping off our suitcases we headed to the main park to meet one of the princesses again. This time it was Snow White. She was nice, she had lipstick on her teeth though and I didn't have the heart to tell her. Hopefully the photographer noticed soon after.

I really wanted another go on Big Thunder Mountain so we headed over. It had built up quite a queue so we grabbed a fast pass and went to have a look around to make sure we hadn't missed anything.

We came across the Aladdin walk through attraction so went inside. It was nice to get out of the rain for a few minutes as well.

We posed with the fab genie lamp outside.

Also had a look underneath the castle where the dragon is. Was really hard to take a good picture.

Cute little scene from Snow White.

Heading back over to BTM we noticed Woody and Jessie in the distance. They were quite out of the way and no one seemed to have spotted them yet so we went over for a picture.

So our fast pass time had come up but unfortunately the ride had broken down. We asked the man on the gate how long it would be down for but he couldn't say so we had to skip it. Was a bit gutted as I would have loved to have had another go but what can you do.

So that was it for the main park. We quickly went over to the studios park to get one last go on Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster (at the back again! :evil: ) before it was time to go.

And that concludes the end of my trip report. Thanks for reading! :--D