Disneyland Paris or Port Aventura?

• Port Aventura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disneyland Paris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tony

Hyper Poster
I hear these two parks compared alot, so I was wondering which park do you think is better? And give reasons for your answer. I have only been to Port Aventura and its a fantastic park with 2 brilliant coasters soon to be 3, and of course Hurakan Condor. Both parks are also really well themed.

Ben

CF Legend
Um, um.... um....

If you gave me the choice RIGHT now? I'd go to Paris.

Themeing wise? Paris.

Ride wise? PA. Just.

So, I'd say Paris. Just.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
If I had a choice of out which parks I'd rather go it would be Port Aventura. It looks to me like Port Aventura has the better rides and I'd be going for the rides, not the theme.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't been to either, but if I was going to choose which one I'd prefer to visit, I'd go with Port Aventura. While I appreciate good themeing, I'll choose rides over that everytime.

Tony

Hyper Poster
You make it sound like Port Aventura has no themeing. It may not be as high quality as Disneyland's but its not far behind it. They are themeing their new rides really well lately with Hurakan Condor and The new coaster next year is supposed to be really themed.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think it would be best to compare Port Adeventura with Alton Towers, they're both theme park resorts, they're very similar places, except PA has a water park.

DLP is a truely magical place, whilst PA has the better selection of rides, nothign can compete with the Disney experience IMO.

Ben

CF Legend
except PA has a water park.

Yeah... so does Alton.

And, yes, PA is one of the best themed parks around, however, it isn't near DLP's league. And actually, I've deceided I prefere the ride selection at Paris. Space, Thunder and all the World class dark rides, with soon to be Tower, is slightly better.

More in favour of Paris now :p.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ben said:
Yeah... so does Alton.

But Port Adventura's is a proper water park, Altons is just a glorified swimming pool.[/quote]

I have never been to PA, but I just thought it had the better ride selection, although the ride ride quality at DLP will obviously be much better, just look what they've done with 3 Vekoma's!

DLP all the way for me, although I would like to go to PA, but then if I'm in Spain, I'd prefer to go to Parc Warner Madrid.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I was going to do the poll on Alton Towers or Port Aventura but I think that poll will be better to do next year with their new coaster and its similaritys to Rita.

spicy

Giga Poster
Hmmm this is a tough one!

I actually can't decide they are both such great parks.

On themeing, Port Aventura has astounding theming, its amazing.

But you can't beat Disney on Themeing really, although PA does come incredibly close.

On rides, PA has Dragon Khan and Stampida, both are really good coasters.

DLP has RnR, Space Mountain, BTMR and Indiana Jones. Soon they will have Crushs Turtle Twister which looks promising.

I really can't decide, if I had the chance right now I would go for DLP simply because I have already been to PA this year.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Disneyland Paris all the way for me! Quite simple really, I don't care much for B&M coasters that don't throw me anywhere. Solid Vekoma brute machines are what I like, oh my gosh Space Mountain [/drool]
and Big thunder mountain can't be beat at all... What that mine train that PA has.. Pahahaha!!! you get my point!

They don't have POTC or any of the novelty attractions that DLP does.

DLP all the way for me!

A

Anonymous

For me it's Port Aventura. There are some great rides and, even though the themeing at Disneyland might be slightly better, I still love the theming of the areas at PA.

Dom

Roller Poster
It's funny how everyone hates Vekoma but still love Disneyland Paris. It shows Vekoma ride aren't all bad!

Mike

Giga Poster
It shows Vekoma ride aren't all bad!

Nobody said that Vekoma are bad, they're just rough.

With me not having been to either of these parks, then I would choose to go to PA. No reasons really, other than Drgon Khan looks better than Space Mountain. :?

Tony

Hyper Poster
The only vekoma coasters I want to go on is the ones at Disney, the rest dont look that good because most of them are clones or they are rough. They are good for providing small parks cheap coasters.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
I voted DLP.

Port Aventura is easily one of the world's best park, it has theming and amazing rides but it just lacks the magic that Disneyland has.

Disney land does not have the same great B&M's, but it still has some fairly outstanding Vekoma's.

A

Anonymous

ive been to DLP in the past and just got back from PA about 2 weeks ago, but i definately would prefere going back to PA.

Also the fact that the spanish seemed to be alot more welcoming than the french, well in my experience's anyway, that made me feel good about the park. :)

Lauz

Roller Poster
Porta Ventura for me. Disney Paris is awesome in itself, i just think Porta Ventura has more thrill ride selection.