What's new

Discoveryland | Thunderchariot | Zamperla Thunderbolt

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This has been known for a while but Discoveryland in Dalian China has officially announced their new Zamperla Thunderbolt coaster due to open in April 2017.

http://www.discoveryland.cn/index.php?c ... &artid=417

Tenth anniversary of the concession, 10 years of age to play for free!
At the same time, in order to meet the entire Halloween season, the park is constantly upgrading policies. Pre-Family Network September only 520 yuan card / home, adult annual card only 280 yuan / person, long valid until October 31, 2017. April 2017 launch of the new park will be heavy roller coaster "Thunder chariot", and intends to build a new period of six children's play area.
Poorly translated bit of the article.

1472457361.jpg

Pic of NY Thunderbolt from the article

I've been told that the layout will be different to the New York version although the stats are similar. Even though that ride is fairly poorly received im looking forwards to seeing this go up.

https://rcdb.com/13618.htm

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
That looks nothing like the one at Luna Park! Haha, I actually wrote Thunderbolt twice to make sure it was...Meh. I thought it actually had potential if it had tracked well

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm interested to see the new layout of this thing.
Me too. Although it'll be interesting to see if a custom layout helps some of the complaints about the standard models. I recall people saying they were bumpy and a bit forceless? Something along those lines, anyway.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I don't think it's an MCBR, so much as it is a final brake run (think Rita, Dodonpa, etc). It does feel like a waste of layout though, I'd have gone for another airtime hill into the final corner and brake run. Maybe they're concerned about not being able to run enough trains if the final brake run is very short?

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I didn't really see it like that at first and you're correct - it's a bit like iSpeed's in terms of layout after the brakes.