What's new

Die Schlange von Midgard- family Gerstlauer for Hansa Park

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm surprised there's not already a topic for this. Ah well.

The park's website said:
The Snake of Midgard - Get ready for the Family Adventure 2011

After launching the “Curse of Novgorod” HANSA-PARK will greet its guests in the 2011 season with yet another roller coaster challenge. The new attraction will carry riders off into the legendary world of the Vikings.

Once more the park presents a coaster that is wrapped in an exciting story: two children, the Viking boy Einar and his older sister Elin of the Viking settlement of Hedeby, sneak into the shed of a famous Nordic storyteller. In the shed there is a legendary dragon boat which they are familiar with from the poet’s stories. The poet always talked of seafaring and the many adventures he allegedly had on board the ship, of his trade trips to the Varangians, of coming face to face with Norwegian pirates, of his trips to Greenland and his journey to the end of the world and the snake of Midgard. Suddenly people are approaching and the children hide in one of the sea boxes on the dragon boat. And all of a sudden, the magic ship starts to move....

The new attraction will be the theme park’s sixth coaster and can be enjoyed by anyone taller than 1 metre.

schlange_81.jpg

Source: http://www.hansa-park.com/en/attraction ... -for-2011/

There's a video explaining the story, (but its all in foreign)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIDtQGpalVw[/youtube]

Bit dificult to tell, but after doing some digging, it sounds like it'll be one of these. Apparently they announced a new train type at IAAPA or something, so it'll be one of those. I think

There's a few construction pics on the park's site, but nothing too exciting as yet.

schlange_73.jpg

It mentions somewhere that they can't give an opening date for this yet as they got delayed over winter by the weather.

----------

I've never been to Hansa Park, but from photos and what people have said, Fluch is amazing, and it looks as if they're putting as much effort into this. I know its only a kiddie coaster, but if it's that well themed, hopefully it'll still be really exciting. I wish more parks put this much effort into creating a back story for their rides.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, interesting. I was planning a Hansa trip this year (which I've put back until next year) so I could reride Flutch with full theme.

Now there's another new coaster, I think a 2012 visit is a must.

I can't this being a really exciting ride experience, but knowing Hansa and their promise of high level theme, it'll be worth a few rides. That's if they finish the theme on time :wink:

peep

CF Legend
That looks quite nice and smooth. I'm intrigued to see what the trains look like and I look forward to seeing the theming on this considering the effort they went to with the other coaster.

Will

Strata Poster
I really like the look of that; Hansa tend not to disappoint with theming, and in terms of ride, if it's anything like Europa's Pegasus, then I want it.
More reasons to shop at Hansa Park, basically.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Should be another good addition.

I really hope they've not removed the inflatable bouncy things for this. But places move on.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
According to the park's latest newsletter, Gerstlauer has been able to make up for the lost time & are back on track (so to speak) to have everything completed before the park opens on April 15th. So the construction delays due to weather will only affect some themeing, that will have to be completed after the ride opens. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually takes until the next off-season to complete everything, as was the case with Fluch von Novgorod.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The press email came through today, here's what it had to say about this new ride (translated with Google).

After the "curse of Novgorod " awaits guests of the HANSA-PARK in the 2011 season, the next challenge on the Field of roller coasters. The sixth Roller Coaster tells a interesting story from the mythology of the Vikings and is from 1.00 m height are experiencing.

The skald Bragi Boddason takes passengers on a journey through the mists of Niflheim to Rainbow Bridge. This bridge connects with Midgard Asgard. But a fall from the bridge, come to Utgard you wait where even the giants and trolls ..

After mid-March, the railway network of the new family roller coaster was "The serpent of Midgard"closed and the last dates for deliveries stood firm, was the time window to opening predictable. We currently expect that our highlight 2011 even as early as season opening on 15 April may be operating. The last word, however, always the TÜV Süd, the system these days tested intensively. Only after the web is approved are the first passengers aboard at last. So
it is now, fingers crossed that the train from the TÜV to 15. April will be released. Of course, the weather according to play.

We hope, however, in any case, you will understand if one or other theming will be completed or not. Updates, even when exactly does the train in service, remove contact the site www.schlange-of-midgard.de.

By the way: This roller coaster is the first time a completely new train concept of Gerstlauer Amusement Rides used. The twelve-seat train was completely redesigned and allows
Children starting at a height of only one meter take magical journey. Advanced safety technologies such as seats with separate iron and ironing security monitoring, a weather-independent transport chain by lift and fail-safe magnetic brakes provide a new quality in
family roller coasters.

hansaride2011.JPG

Ok, so the Google translator did a poor job but it's good enough to get the gist of it.

The ride should open on 15th April if all goes to plan, but the theming may not be complete. (That's become a Hansa trademark!)

It's quite interesting that Gerstlauer have developed trains which are safe for those 1mtr tall. That's pretty awesome for families.

peep

CF Legend
Haha Google translator <3

Sounds great though, I do love how their honest about theming not being ready for opening. The new seat designs sound fantastic for families too, I'm intrigued to see what they look like because the translator makes it sound odd.

Oh and concept art <3

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmmm, I'm intrigued by this most definitely... Aside from the odd snippets I have barely any knowledge of this... Awesome...

I'll be sure to take lots of pics of it when I pop over to there in May...

Slayed

Hyper Poster
I think the final theming will be excellent, but we probably won't see it until next season!

Nemesis Inferno said:
I'll be sure to take lots of pics of it when I pop over to there in May...
Spite! Envy! etc.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here's a video trailer for the ride. It's in German and it doesn't show the ride so make up your own story as you watch it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OhB3KxMMhw[/youtube]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm loving the theming. Nice to see another family coaster getting all the stops pulled out!

Looks good.

Nic

Strata Poster
That looks awesome! Definitely want to get to Hansa next year (there's no way I can afford it this year!)

Lofty

CF Legend
This looks SO nice. It's such a photogenic coaster, saying that, the whole park looks photogenic :(

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I really hope they've not removed the inflatable bouncy things for this.

I think they call them Hupfburg just to let anyone know :D

By just going off the photo's on their microsite it looks like the Hupfburg's are okay as I think this sits behind The Bell (Die Glocke) and next to the water ride (Rio Dorado) sort of area.

For anyone interested in okay-ish freerunning and flips on hupfburgs, check out this video out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0oUx46H6ZI[/youtube]

Pablo237

Roller Poster
That is just beautiful work on the theming!! All this theming for a kiddie credit!! That's just awesome.