What's new

[DAI3] Hecatombe - Expedition - POV

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Hey! Welcome to Craterville. My name is Dave, and I will guide you around here. As you can see, we're a small town. Technology isn't very popular here (though I managed to get a camera), since we're far away from the rest of the world. Well, nothing very important, since life is simple and beautiful here. Let's see the town, shall we?

We are located inside a crater. But not one of those ugly craters out there. Here, nature made a great job. All kinds of vegetation grows here, making this place a paradise.

As you can see, our buildings are not your typical buildings. We made them with things from our environment: wood, stone... Nothing too complicated. They look like big tree houses (well, except they aren't located on top of a tree. Pretty place, isn't it? No, I don't think so. At least since those militars came here and started buildings their high tech base. Of course, we tried to stop them, but we couldn't. They said this place was perfect for their experiments. Obviusly, our small town can't fight them. They would blown us out of the crater in seconds.  Anyway, I managed to get some shots of their base:

It totally ruins our natural environment. It's not only the visual damage, but also the noise... But we're not going to cry. We will go on, living our lifes, and hoping they'll disappear some day.

A overview. I don't really understand what it is. So different than our buildings. BTW, I wonder what kind of experiments they're doing. Hope to find it out, although probably, I won't understand anything...

Well, one last picture. At least they can't ruin our beautiful sunrise. 

That's all for the moment, will show you more very soon. Have a nice time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, few things:

- This is for the Desing an Invert 3 competition.

- This may look a bit unfinished at the end, since I just joined the competion last week. However, I'm trying my best to finish things before the deadline.

- I am in the final stages. POV should be up next wednesday, since I'll be out of the city the rest of the week. 

- Things to do: detailing, working a bit more in foliage and rockwork, improve lighting, and detailing more.

- Thanks to Toofpikk for letting me join the competition this late. Working with such a tight deadline is very funny. It's really a challenge.

- Hope you like it and please comment :)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Re: [DAI3] Hecatombe - Welcome to Craterville

You've possibly managed to create one of the strongests entry in the contest in a very short amount of time. This is very impressive! The architecture is gorgeous. The atmosphere reminds me of MrSion's Uninvited.

I'm looking forward to the POW. This is really good, maybe too good ^^

scw55

Hyper Poster

Looks very exciting.

(There's a contest on?!)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^ The contest is on ShyGuy's World or some other RCT3 site

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

scw55

Hyper Poster

You certainly make me hungry for my new PC. I want to make pretty stuff too. I've lost my enthusiasm with using my old laptop now. Everything looks dull.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Hey, welcome back! There has been some strange things since the last time we met. Or, at least, I think so... Let's take a look:

Can you see anything wrong there? I bet you can't... (BTW, that's my family's house in the front on the picture, as well as one of the militar headquarter's entries/exits)

What about here? Same happens...

Take a look here. You can see our water sytem as well as our windmills. They don't produce a lot of energy, but we don't need more.

Ok, I'll tell you the weird thing: the rain. I know, I know, rain isn't weird. But here, we have sun almost everyday. But it's been raining since those militars came here. Of course, this could be a chance result, but I don't think so.

Oh, I almost forgot this one! It's from the last sunny day we had. A scientist was delivering those weird crystals. I haven't seen anything like them in my life...

portemine said:
You've possibly managed to create one of the strongests entry in the contest in a very short amount of time. This is very impressive! The architecture is gorgeous. The atmosphere reminds me of MrSion's Uninvited.

I'm looking forward to the POW. This is really good, maybe too good ^^

Thank you a lot. Your entry is one of the best (I see it in the top three easily), so thanks for the kind words.

scw55 said:
Looks very exciting.

(There's a contest on?!)

Thank you!

GuyWithAStick said:
^ The contest is on ShyGuy's World or some other RCT3 site

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Yup, in SGW.

scw55 said:
You certainly make me hungry for my new PC. I want to make pretty stuff too. I've lost my enthusiasm with using my old laptop now. Everything looks dull.

You can make pretty stuff with a bad PC too. Maybe it won't be as pretty as with good graphics, but can be very decent. I've played with a bad PC a lot of time, and well, there is nothing a little photoshop can't fix (except reflective water... I tried to do it and never worked). So keep up on playing!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: [DAI3] Hecatombe - Weird...

I think I was right. It was weird. And now it's worse. We have a very big problem...

I was taking some night pictures to show to you...

... when this happened! It only lasted a minute or so, and things came back to normal. The next day, everything was fine, even the rain stopped a little. But at night, things got... well, different:

That weird fog is everywhere...

And the crystals I saw the other day too. There are a lot of them.

My poor house... At least the fog can't reach the interior.

All over the town. Heck, it even looks pretty. But the problem is, it's eating our plants and our food, as well as polluting our water. We have our emergency reserves, but we can't survive a lot of time with them. So, some people and I are prepared to enter in that building that brought our ruin and try to find what that mist is and how to eliminate it.

Please, join us tomorrow. It is our last hope!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the double post, but today I'm releasing the POV and I still have to finish the story :)

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: [DAI3] Hecatombe - Help!

Here we are, ready to save our town. Thanks for coming!

We are going to use this small path that starts in my house.

It's perfect, the guards won't see us coming!

Here we come, hidden between the rocks. I must recognise I'm a bit scared...

But very excited at the same time... Not everybody has the chance to save his town everyday!

Where is everybody? It looks so empty... Weird...

So... there is anyone here. Why has everybody dissappeared? Wait, did you hear that? Ok, don't move, don't... Hey, what are you doing? Came here, don't try to escape you coward, you are going to awake that thing! Oh no, there it goes... RUN!, RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!*

- Roaaaaaaaaaar**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsV10ndC-VI

* There should be a train in the station, which would be the thing they're talking about. Unfortunately, I didn't get it in the picture and can't fix it now.

** Imagine it's the typical B&M roar.

- The video isn't very good, but it was my first time using the flying camera editor and editing a video. Will try to make a new one next week.

- Thanks for watching, and good luck to the rest of competitors:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, and sorry for the triple post, but I posted the POV in other forums.

I've uploaded the video to Vimeo, so I hope now everybody can see it.

https://vimeo.com/114432211

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Well, this is really good. The layout is very entertaining, decently paced, and the choice and order of coaster elements is excellent too. There's no dull section or uninspired turns! I love how the train stays close to any scenery, whether it is rocks, wooden pillars or a near-miss with a structure. The atmosphere is among the best in the competition, the town and its surrounding looks lively (with some vibrant flowers/foliage) and refreshingly exotic. You did a great job with the architecture as well, blending sets to make very common CSOs look fairly original with well-shaped buildings.

Having not closely followed SSD' 14, I definitely enjoyed reading your storyline, this, and the music selection really added to the whole experience. For a project made in about 2 weeks, you did very well. To the point I'm actually scared even with the 2 point deduction!

Congratulations =D> and, again good luck!
Portem!ne

scw55

Hyper Poster
It looks great.

It does look a bit busy. But I make that comment hesitantly, because I think the coaster bleeds into the scenery very well. The track is part of the theming, and I love that (reminds me of Nemesis in that regard). Just, it also feels quite visually full-on. There's a lot to look at once. I think on balance it leans towards awesome.

I adore inversion that navigate over obstacles. Helps cement the coaster in its setting more.

My only other petty gripe is that the very end feels a lot of wooshing on bends. It's not as interesting compared to the rest of the layout.

It's a wonderful thing.