What's new

D:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Xpress may be right, and the program I watched about spider bites was wrong!!!

Point still stands though - small spiders with nasty bites are worse than big spiders with not so nasty bites :)

jokerman

Giga Poster
The goliath bird eating spider has a bite up to six times worse than a bee or wasp sting. Still not too bad, but if you are allergic, then you're in trouble.

See, who says you don't learn anything at theme parks. :--D

Slash

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
The goliath bird eating spider has a bite up to six times worse than a bee or wasp sting. Still not too bad, but if you are allergic, then you're in trouble.

See, who says you don't learn anything at theme parks. :--D

You don't, you learn in the forums on theme parks :lol:

jokerman

Giga Poster
^No, I learnt that at the animal show at Flambards theme park. I also got to hold a tarantula and enormous snake.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
I feel like contributing

il_430xN.84917285.jpg

Tailless Whip Scorpion

You can buy these in the pet shop just down the road... Too fast for me to consider keeping one though. Not dangerous at all, could give you a little pinch perhaps, but nothing more.

RCF

Strata Poster
I found this when we went to Oklahoma and it was right by my foot.

7219_1144972183991_1218096475_30509294_7698718_n.jpg

It was like a New Mexican centipede and it was poisonous (Thanks to LFTL for the information a couple weeks ago!) :--D

Xpress

Strata Poster
6fdb3dd75f.jpg

Get stung by one of these tiny invisible in the ocean guys, and you're fubard for weeks with extreme pain the likes of which you will never experience from anything else :shock:

Feels like something is stabbing you in EVERY nerve at the same time for weeks...