What's new

D:

kimahri

CF Legend
1249264526691.jpg

Slash

Giga Poster
Goliath_Bird-Eating_Tarantula.jpg

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the biggest spider in the world. It is the Goliath Bird-Eating Spider. Its bigger than a dinner plate!

AND ANOTHER of its FANGS.

bigspider2.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The big spiders I'd be fine with. You can see the thing for starters.

You also find that the bigger an animal is, the less aggressive it is, as it has less to prove in its environment.

Again, the Bird Eating Spider isn't massively venomous. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to be bitten by it but given the option of.

Dinner plate sized spider I can see and hit with a spade that will give me a wasp sting type of bite.

or

Tiny spider you can't see that can hide under the toilet seat, in your shoe, in your trousers, etc - that has a bite that will either eat away at you flesh where it infects (like a Black Widow), or kill you in under an hour (trap door spiders).

I'm taking the massive one and a spade every single time! :)

Slash

Giga Poster
Exactly! That's how I thought!

Although I never knew a Black Widow's poison ate flesh :shock:, I just thought it put you in a fever and killed you within 6 hours that's just nasty. Flesh eating.... Eugh!

Gazza

Giga Poster
I've never personally encountered a house centipede (The bug at the start of this thread), but from what I know about them, they aren't poisonous, and are in fact favourable to have around because they eat other insects.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Such an informative topic! :p I agree with Furie, even if that spider was really venemous, it's big enough to make an easy topic.

BTW, I lol'd excessively at that dumb bug video. :lol:

Xpress

Strata Poster
Slash said:
Exactly! That's how I thought!

Although I never knew a Black Widow's poison ate flesh :shock:, I just thought it put you in a fever and killed you within 6 hours that's just nasty. Flesh eating.... Eugh!

He's talking about a Brown Recluse, which will cause your skin to melt away D:

Takes years to heal, and regain full control over that section of your body.