What's new

CWoA - Halloween Hocus Pocus, 22-31 Oct

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The gates at Chessington World of Adventures will creak open for Halloween Hocus Pocus from 22nd October – 31st October from 10.00am – 8.00pm to reveal plenty of spooky goings-on.

Cackling witches, wicked goblins, giant pumpkins and spider webs will greet brave adventurers as they scream on hair-raising rollercoasters into the dark night and get up close and personal with the Zoo’s spiders, snakes, owls and cockroaches!

Courageous visitors can banish the witches by writing their own spells or take on the naughty goblins bewitching Hocus Pocus Hall, a live 4-D attraction with surprises around every corner.

A headless visitor will lead fearless souls to the trick or treat stables in Market Square for some scary games and frolics; and if that’s not enough, the immortals are in charge in Transylvania where the Black Forest Haunt: the Vampire Bites Back walk-through route takes human prey on a journey through the deep, dark woods...

Tuesday 26th October is part of our "GhosterForce" CF-Live! Keep an eye on the CF-Live forum for further details.

Web link: http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/events.aspx

peep

CF Legend
Annoyingly I don't think I can make Ghosterforce (and yes I'm going to try my hardest to convince my boss to let me go). However I liked the little walk-through they did last year and it sounds like they are going to improve it this year so I look forward to that a lot.

badger

Roller Poster
halloween

no masks at chessie this year :( facepaint is ok but no masks.

Topic deleted as this post is the same and in the correct section - Hixee

herbinator

Mega Poster
With this being a family park I was woundering how intense the haunts were. Are they actually scary or a bit jumpy first time?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Silly jumpy would be the best description for them...

Indeed, Hocus Pocus Hall has once or twice had a few jumpy moments, but nothing too excessively OTT...

So yeah, not intense at all...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Nah it's all very tame. There's no jump out scares. Maybe a couple of loud bangs in the Hocus Pocus hall one. But they're crap and for kids. :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
There's no jump out scares.

Must have imagined it all when it first opened then, of course you ARE the scare-maze person so why should I even bother arguing... :roll:

I remember a kid crying once in HPH... So yes, it does have jumpy parts...

Ollie

CF Legend
^When I've been in it the only bits the made people jump was the door with the drop panel and the person in the end of the mirror maze. I haven't done it this year though so can't comment.

peep

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^When I've been in it the only bits the made people jump was the door with the drop panel and the person in the end of the mirror maze. I haven't done it this year though so can't comment.

You do realise it is designed for kids? What you described would be counted as jump scares. Don't forget that Chessie are only running their Halloween event from Sat 23rd till the 1st november.

Oh and the Black Forest Haunt isn't a scare attraction, just a fun creepy walk-through. Yet they may have changed it slightly for this season, who knows?

Nic

Strata Poster
^Me too. Every time I checked my blind spot in the car while driving home, I was convinced there'd be a bloke in a ****ty skeleton costume sat in the back seat. Eugh.

alexdude98

Mega Poster
I didn't do any of the Halloween Hocus Pocus attractions last year but people were comeing out of HPH saying stuff like:
That scared the **** out of me!
What the **** was that?
That kicked :youbutthead:

People who had done Black Forest Haunt were saying:
Hahahahahahaha!
Pathetic!

I might try both.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I went today and it was busy (40-90 min queues) and felt chessington made an effort with the trick and treat doors, lights and some of the theming. hocus pocus hall had a massive queue so we only did the forest haunt attraction. Quite frankly it was the worst thing I have ever been on described as an attraction.

Spoiler: you get taken through a door by a very unsinister and joking grave digger called frank. He informs you that people keep dying on this walk. They fire a load of dry ice at you which had our group coughing so we walked on to the church. Not much in here but a cloth on the walls mildly resembling a body. a noise also tries to make you jump but you can here it preparing the noise and it goes off about once every 15 seconds anyway so as you walk towards it it is already going off.you then go back outside and see a cart with a hooded actor, this actor for our group was significantly better than the first yet stood there and told us that a flying monster went in the opposite direction to where we were going. We went round the corner we saw the exit ahead and my friend said there was a vampire here last year. I turn around to see a bad actor walk out from behind a post, into clear view before trying to scare people who had already seen him and he missed the first half of our group. Then we walked between 2 barriers and it was over.

I know its designed for kids and the man at the start said over 7 advised but we had people of around the age of 4-9 and a lot of them, none of them even jumped slightly. Bit pathetic for my first proper scare attraction and compared to the rest of the park in was poor. Glad there was no queue but unfortunately for a reason.

Apart from that a great job from chessington, high fives all around! So try it for yourself, but mabye not black forest haunt though!