What's new

Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have heard

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Note: This topic is not intended to target other groups of coaster enthusiasts (including Coaster Force) nor publically shame a person in specific. If someone said it and wish to post it, please blur the name (or dont mention if its quoting someone) unless it is a popular media outlet (CNN, NBC, The Guardian, Buzzfeed etc.). We can all have a good laugh without having to shame anyone.

So, we have all heard them before. Comments made by non coaster enthusiasts that make you want to cringe as a goon.

Today I found one made by my local newspaper on Facebook referring to Fury 325:

ItEyZd4.png

Translates to: "Theme Park opens highest and fastest roller coaster on the planet."

Me:
JIQ56Fa.png

Having a topic explaining your own stupid pre coaster enthusiast thoughts, what are the most cringeworthy comments you saw or heard a non coaster enthusiast say?

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Re: Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have h

1) "Six Flags isn't in New Orleans", when I was referring to Six Flags New Orleans.
2) "Alton Towers is pretty small, once you go to Universal Studios". On this one, I'm assuming he's referring to the Orlando one (they were also talking about Florida). Now, in terms of dark rides and family entertainment (not sure about themeing), Universal probably are better, but in terms of actual size, can you really beat Alton Towers? Not to even mention the difference in coaster lineup.....

TilenB

Strata Poster

elephant58 said:
1) "Six Flags isn't in New Orleans", when I was referring to Six Flags New Orleans

Technically, they are not wrong, considering that the thing has been standing idle for almost a decade now...

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Any time someone insists that a coaster can't be any good unless it goes upside down.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Adding 'the' in front of ride names is probably the one that irks me most. Most recently I read an article about the Nemesis 21 event where they have quoted somebody I know and have him saying 'The Nemesis'. No. He definitely did not say that and you are an idiot.

I've also had somebody tell me they were excited to visit Six Flags in Florida. And when I was like oh, there isn't one in Florida, they argued <//3

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

^Hahaha yes! They do that in that Thorpe Park Inbetweeners episode, 'The Nemesis Inferno', they even call it 'The Nemesis', makes my blood boil!

ThomVD

Giga Poster

nadroJ said:
Adding 'the' in front of ride names is probably the one that irks me most.

This! Everytime when someone says (in Dutch) "Let's go on the Goliath" pronouncing Goliath in the Dutchiest of Dutch ways, I just want to cry. I can understand it with some nouns though, like "The Python". Efteling is actually called "De Efteling" so that's fine.

Also, when I tell people I went to Phantasialand in Germany, they usually go "Warner Brothers Movie World?!?!". Only German park they know around here.

Another one, when people automatically assume parks like Bobbejaanland, Toverland, Phantasia etc. are only for kids. I can't blame them for Plopsa though :wink: .

Oh, and when people say they were stuck upside down for hours last time they were at a park...

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ This!

Recently I've had...

"A train got stuck on the loop of Colossus when I was queueing"

"Yeah we got stuck vertical on The Smiler for like 2 hours and they had to fix it"

Hutch

Strata Poster

+1 regarding the "the" in front of the name.

One of my cousins thought that Magnum XL 200 would be a lot better if it had OTSRs...

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

I don't get why putting "the" in front of ride names is such a bugbear!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The 'the' in front of ride names is only acceptable if and only if the park made the official name include the word 'The'.

"They're tearing down (Insert the old name of a current RMC Hybrid here) and replacing it with a steel one! I'm so angry!"

And probably my personal most cringe-worthy statements are people trying to look 'cool' by stating 'stats' or 'facts' during the queue of said ride. Some examples:

- Yeah, American Eagle(Six Flags Great America) is like the oldest ride at the park!(Park=1976, A.E.=1981)

- Doesn't (any Intamin Impulse BESIDES Linear Gale) go like 100 mph?

- Millennium Force is the bestest coaster ever cuz its at cedar point and nothing can ever ever be better than it.

- Wooden Coasters are made 100% out of wood(wooden bolts, wheels, seats, etc).

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Jordanovichy said:
^Hahaha yes! They do that in that Thorpe Park Inbetweeners episode, 'The Nemesis Inferno', they even call it 'The Nemesis', makes my blood boil!

I had always thought that they had done that on purpose for the script as it's a comedy but it can be a bit irritating in real life conversation I suppose.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster

Most stuff doesn't get to me, except the phrase "loop-de-loop", (come on, it's simply a loop), especially when they're pointing at a GODDAMN BARREL ROLL. Mislabeling inversions gets me really irked.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster

In the entrance queue for Alton a couple of years ago a father said to his son:

"Rita is brilliant, 0-100mph in 2 seconds, it goes upside-down 6 times and you hang below the track!"

I think this man was a little confused.....

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

I get a kick out of saying crap like this for fun. I don't know.. its funny to me, standing in a group of people and saying like "I didn't know this went upside down!" (looking at a log flume or something)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

The most infuriating for me has to be how everyone says they know somebody who's broken down on the holding break of Oblivion. Literally every time I bring up that ride, everyone tells me that story. Considering it's impossible to break down on the holding break I am assuming they mean the section before, but even then it seems insane everyone knows somebody who's been on it when it's broken down, it is a very reliable ride after all!

Though the comment I had the other day about Oblivion was worse. A friend of mine was convinced he knew somebody who nearly fell out of Oblivion and had to be held in by her friend to survive. *slow clapping* I tried to explain to him how the restraints on Oblivion tend to be a bit loose for thin people on certain seats, but he was having none of it. You have got to love how infuriating being a coaster enthusiast is at times.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

So, I was hanging out with a friend and started discussing coasters. After saying that a wooden coaster is the best coaster I have ridden so far, he giggles and says all wooden coasters are crap and old and that coasters are only good if they are inverting.

christian_bale_american_psycho_patrick_bateman_axe_10989289_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s400x300-173837.jpg

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I saw a Talocan video on Facebook, and the comments on that were hilarious <3 Some examples of what kind of comments were there:

"I've never thrown up from a ride and I've rode the biggest and fastest in this country. This is boring and nothing."
"its not bad at all im 12 and iv'e ridden a ride just like that but it was way faster"
"Too crazy and very dangerous! Stupid to go on this as they can go horribly wrong!"
"Ripsaw is the same but it goes three times as fast and spins much more!"

Many more like that, it was beautiful.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

"I want to ride the green one."

"You know someone died on that right?"

"No, this isn't a relocated roller coaster - it has been here as long as I can remember."

"Yeah, that's the tallest in the world."

BBH

Giga Poster

"Dude I almost fell off of American Eagle the other day I fell out of my seat it was scary as **** dude."