What's new

Cringe Worthy Non Coaster Enthusiast Comments you have heard

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Matt N’s got me thinking about Disney..
I remember hearing, very confidently, “look at that over there- Splash Yeti!”

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
There is a POV of B&M invert, Phaethon, and in comments , GPs says it is same model as The Flying Dinosaur, which is a flying coaster. They says that I rode same model in Osaka Universal Studios. They says Phaethon is a "Flying coaster"

J Rod

Roller Poster
One time I overheard a girl saying she closed her eyes and therefore "blacked out" on Millennium Force.

Snoo

The Legend
Someone I worked with stated they got stuck on the spike of Wicked Twister.. and said I was lying when I said that wasn't possible without the train being destroyed. She was quite adamant. Felt like arguing with a trump supporter.. lol

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Yesterday I was chatting on Twitter and people were claiming to get stuck on the *downward* side of lift hills. I told them this was impossible, and secondarily, getting stopped on the lift is simply not a big deal anyway

mouse

Giga Poster
I suppose it could be possible if they were at the front of the train and it got stuck just as it was cresting the hill?
People love being able to brag about being in 'dangerous' situations where coasters are concerned, such as stopping on the lift hill or being evacuated. Although it is non-eventful to us experienced riders, it gives them a good story to go home with. If people tell me about such an incident, I tend to join in and act surprised - because if it adds to their enjoyment and memories of a theme park trip who am I to **** on it!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
getting stopped on the lift is simply not a big deal anyway
This summer I took my nephews to Cedar Point, and when Millennium Force had a train stop for a long time on the lift hill, they were utterly spellbound. After a few minutes of us staring from the runway, I suggested we move on and get in more rides, and their reaction was as if Spider-Man had just appeared on the side of a skyscraper and I was suggesting we go get a pizza.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump this thread, but even though I don’t often comment on these types of threads, I overheard a conversation between a ride host and a group of pre-teen boys on Maelstrom at Drayton Manor on Thursday while I was waiting for my restraint to be checked. While not cringe-worthy per se, it was certainly interesting, and I thought you guys might like it; I couldn’t find a better thread for it.
  • Boy 1: *points excitedly at Shockwave* “That blue ting looks proper sick, bruv! It looks like a water ride; I bet you get proper wet on it!”
  • Boy 1: *turns to ride host* “Is that one a water ride?”
  • Ride Host: “No. Does it look like a water ride?”
  • Boy 2: “Nah, bruv; that’s the one The Inbetweeners went on, init?”
  • Ride Host: “No, we’re not even at the right park; The Inbetweeners went to Thorpe Park…”
I felt a lot of second hand embarrassment for them… the ride host did not look very impressed.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
"Why do you like Stealth so much? It just goes up and down and that's it! Go and ride Colossus instead. THAT'S a good ride that's actually worth the wait. I won't bother with Stealth."

[upon seeing a Superstar] "Oh my God! Its a Move-It 24! Mum! Dad! It's a Move-It 24!" [completely skips it]

Both of these comments were by me, before I became an enthusiast.

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
I have an awful feeling I could end up in this thread. Rarely am I not in a queue winding up my daughter / partner about the ride and speaking deliberate nonsense to entertain myself

(Me to my arachnophobic girlfriend) “oh yeah, this coaster goes through a spider enclosure…”