What's new

Coventry

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Drayton Manor Park and Alton Towers aren't a long way off. I think they're the closest, but it's also not a massive distance on to Thorpe either (heading the other way).

So the answer is: Yes.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh sorry, I thought that Alton is northern of Manchester :), but it's still a longer drive.
But I'll see, maybe I'll go there next year or even later, so...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's about an extra 45 minutes drive to Alton, but the park is about 40 times better.

It's like going to New Jersey and saying you'll head to Morey's Piers, but leave Six Flags Great Adventure for a year or too, not worth the extra bit of a drive.

Madness I tell ya! :lol:

TilenB

Strata Poster
no,no I'm just not planning this Coventry trip for this year at all, just plain interest, because I have some relatives there which I'd like to visit one time.

Jake

Strata Poster
Eugh. I know we can't expect everyone to know all the coaster websites and stuff, but RCDB and Google really are the only 2 sites you need as a coaster enthusiast...

I live near Coventry and we're pretty much bang in the middle of the country, with good motorway and rail links. If you're driving, all of these parks are within 2 hours:

Pleasure Beach Blackpool
Thorpe Park
Alton Towers
Drayton Manor

Also within 2 hours are Chessington, Legoland and Camelot, but they're not worth bothering with if you're stuck for time. You could also spite Drayton if you only have 3 days for example, even though it's the closest.

So, pretty much all the actual major parks with unique stuff could be done, and from Cov you can do them all as seperate day trips without paying for accomodation.

However, you seem very dismissive and unwilling to travel further than 20 miles or so, so I don't know why I'm bothering posting this... Seriously, if you were to come all the way here, what's a couple of hours in the car, especially for major parks?!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Jake, you're not allowing for any sightseeing time in lovely Coventry though! If I was lucky enough to have relatives there, theme parks would be the last thing on my mind, what with the all the cultural activities on offer.