What's new

Coney Spiteland / Hersheypark / Six Flags Gr.Ad. Fright Fest

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
So last week I went to New York with a bunch of friends, just like the friends on Friends.

Here we are at Top Of The Pops:

10417445_10152663765740081_613999694005465523_n.jpg

We went to lots of nice restaurants and record shops and gigs. It was great.

But alas, a trip wouldn't be complete without creds.

So I went to Coney Island. Or should I say... Cycloney Island...

10344807_10152668010945081_8357737630777859861_n.jpg

This is just one of the fab looking creds I didn't get to ride at Closedy Island.

Although the real dagger to my heart was not riding this

10698502_10152668059580081_8781441447178187566_n.jpg

My most anticipated cred of 2014 - Thunderbolt. We all knew Helix was going to be good, but Thunderbolt being a Tesco Value Eurofighter meant it had lots of potential to be a sneaky little ace up Coney Islands sleeve. (Well, it did to me)

The rest of the Zamperla creds at Coney Island are nothing I haven't ridden before, so they didn't rank too highly on the Cred Spite - Disappointment Scale

10632751_10152668168810081_1660265217899767747_n.jpg

On Saturday I went to Hershey Park. It was absolutely rammed. So I finally gave in to buying a fast pass for the first time in my goony life.

10653502_10152668059545081_3521483780327252674_n.jpg

Pretty simple system, you enter via the exit during the allotted time period, they always sit you somewhere in the middle of the train. It seemed better than those Merlin fast passes where people still have to wait a good 15 mins near the station.

Sidewinder is a Boo Meh rang. Not exactly what I wanted to start the day on, but at least I got it over with. 2/10

I was really intrigued by Fahrenheit - Intamin's only beyond vertical coaster. It was totally Fabrenheit. Luckily got sat nearer the back, and the feeling of being pulled over the first drop on a long train was incredible. The Norweigan Loop is such a unique feeling, and there's a great cheeky airtime hill at the end. One of Hershey Park's best coasters. 9 /10

I already liked Wildcat because it had a picture of a cat on the station. It was a GCI. Rough in a good way. It had a nice long layout. Not the best GCI I've ever ridden but still an enjoyable coaster. 7 /10

Next up: Lightning Racer - the clue's in the name, it's a racing GCI. Annoyingly the fast pass only allows you to do one side, so I had to wait a lifetime to ride the other side at night. More of that later. Lightning Racer is one of the best wooden roller coaster's I've ridden. It has heaps of airtime and near misses with the other track. 9 /10

Comet was one of my surprise coasters on this trip. It looks like a pleasant but dull ACE coaster classic. It's actually really fun. Sure, it's not going to blow anyone's mind but it was a solid family coaster. 6 /10

Then it was time to ride one of the coasters I'd been highly anticipating - Skyrush. *Cue abuse* It's ok. It doesn't come close to my top 10. I like the fast lift hill. I like that it looks like something Bender from Futurama would make:

10413340_10152668012130081_8823295278369739326_n.jpg

The first drop is breathtaking. The airtime is strong and sustained - there just isn't enough of it. There's only 3 hills spicing up it's unyielding torrent of helixes. I get why people love it - it's intense and unique. But it was all over so quick, you could say it felt a bit Skyrushed.

I like coasters that capture my imagination and make me feel as though I'm on a journey, Skyrush didn't do that.

Then in was onto Super Dooper Looper which is neither super, nor dooper, but at least it definitely is a looper. Surprisingly smooth for an old coaster, but nothing remarkable 3 /10

I was excited for Great Bear as I love the larger BiMverts. I was especially pleased to note that it had fab purple trains. This invert has a quirky layout with a forceful helix at the top of the lift hill before the drop. It looked pretty sexy in the sunlight

10671262_10152668012190081_3039413355886470427_n.jpg

Again, it was another Hershey coaster than I had high expectations for that weren't quite met. There were some decent inversions, a lovely Zero-G, but I wouldn't call it Great Bear. More like Slightly Above Average Bear. 6.5 / 10

Last was my second surprise of the day, in the form of my least fave type of coaster - an Intamin Accelerator. I normally hate that feeling of being punched in the chest, so tend to avoid riding them. But hey, a cred's a cred. Or in this case, a Storm Runner is amazing.
As to be expected, I didn't enjoy the launch - but the rest of the coaster = wow! What a crazy layout! The super high heart line into the dive loop was fantastic. If only all Intamin Accelerators had such inspired layouts 8/10

Visited their zoo, it was fairly small, the animals had cramped enclosures. Wouldn't recommend it.

Had some supper, mopped up the kiddie creds, then it was dark but the queues just weren't dying down. Gritted my teeth to wait 2 and 1/2 hours to ride the other side of Lightning Racer.

Which is the winner of Prettiest Night Coaster Award 2014

10708717_10152658030390081_9100104166243337515_o.jpg

<3

Crammed in one last ride on Fahrenheit then went to the Hershey Chocolate World, where I found a BAT ON A STICK!

10628078_10152668060275081_5672051968950517706_n.jpg

Overall, this may sound a bit Harshey Park, but I found Hershey to be a rather bland and soulless park. None of the rides are themed, there is no station or area music, and few special touches that truly immerse you in the place. Sure, it has a great line up of coasters but overall it lacks atmosphere. I wouldn't be in a skyrush to go back there.

The next day I visited Six Flags Great Adventure. Another park I had high hopes for, but this time it went above and beyond all expectations. In fact, I'm pretty sure I had one of the greatest days of my life there.

I love how early people start to celebrate Halloween in America, and Six Flags was no exception. They were already running Fright Nights when I went, so I bought a Scare Pass - excited to see the Six Flags take on Halloween attractions. More of that later.

The park was fairly busy, and with lots of creds to get, I bought a Flash Pass Tamagotchi to make sure I got to ride them all.

1452269_10152668060410081_6920100237418762307_n.jpg

Their Tamagotchi system works way better than the Hershey Park one as it offers a lot more freedom. You simply select what you want to ride and when, then you get to pick your seat as you enter at the air gates.

I started the day with Nitro, the wonderful orange and pink B+M hyper. On my first ride I opted for the back Nitrow, and as soon as I hit the final brakes I had a new number one coaster.

Nitro is simply the best. So much floaty airtime, a cheeky forceful helix and super smooth. I could literally ride it all day. Loved it <3 10/10

Did the rapids as they were next door, they were very good and wet.

Next up: Batman. The worlds first B+M invert. The one that inspired John Warley to create Nemesis. This Batman has a lot of history but it is still just a blur of forces, like they all are. In the odd moments where I can comprehend what is going on, I could appreciate it; but over all Batman sits on the wrong side of the intensity fence for me.

Skull Mountain is an indoor coaster, placed inside a giant skull, with a heavy metal soundtrack. Therefore it ruled. \m/ 6.5 / 10

Six Flags Gr Adv went for a literal approach on their Dark Knight coaster - making it a dark indoor coaster. It had a pre-show and a few ok-ish props, but would really have benefited from a soundtrack to create some atmosphere in its all too obvious warehouse.

Wandered through the carnival-esque zone which was all decked out for Halloween.

10703551_10152668012820081_4883835559790984856_n.jpg

It was due to become a scare zone at night, but the giant jack-in-the-boxes that lined the pathways looked great even in the day.

Next up was the one I had been dreading: Kingda Ka. It's twice as high as anything I've ever ridden and it's another bloody Intamin launch.

I was so nervous at the air gates that I nearly bloused out. Luckily the people on my train were a big group of loud guys who found the whole thing hilarious. Their constant laughter certainly made it a bit less daunting for me. Nevertheless, I probably wouldn't ride it again. It's just not my kind of coaster. I didn't like how much it rattled on the launch and how much it slows down at the top. But I do appreciate that it offers one of the most surreal roller coaster experiences 5 /10

Watched the Otter show to calm my jangled nerves, then headed over to El Toro.

Here I am, Pre-fab:

1453370_10152668060740081_1985298458062406100_n.jpg

....and Post-fab:

10382840_10152668060835081_1117936273668955102_n.jpg

Didn't get my On Fab Photo because my face was contorted in pain. *Cue more abuse* El Toro is so over rated.

Sure, it has crazy ejector airtime and speed; but it's not a comfortable ride at all. It's like the Batman of woodies - just a complete blur of forces.

The first drop is the best part. Then the ridiculous airtime kicks in, and it's not like fun ejector, it's like being slammed constantly upwards into your lap bar. Which isn't comfortable when it's pushing the metal seat belt buckle into your hip bone. :/

The weird groaning noise it makes when it crests an airtime hill is so weird. I dunno. Again, I can see why people like it. But I wasn't impressed, I had no desire to re-ride it. Give me a Pre-Fab like Balder over El Toro any day. 5 /10 (I know, I know - I'm wrong and I have terrible taste, but this is just my opinion)

I think we rode Green Lantern next, it was either that or Superman - both located in The Land Of Forgettable B+M's.

Green Lantern was my first B+M stand up, I like that it was a lot more forceful and versatile than Shockwave; but I found some of the inversions quite ear-bashy. 5 /10

Superman is a B+M flyer quite similar in layout to Manta, except this one is a tad more dull. For a flyer, it is too compact, so you don't get the feeling of swooping around. It's more Supermeh than Superman. 3 /10

Despite a few mediocreds, I was having a great time at Six Flags and felt really impressed with their friendly staff and good operations.

Then it shot up to amazing when dusk fell and Fright Fest began. I couldn't believe how they managed to change the park-wide atmosphere so quickly. It was brilliant. There was a fountain of blood:

10294251_10152668013665081_4673372588898012189_n.jpg

Dashed across the park after Superman to watch The Awakening parade, which is a funeral procession lead to The Undertakers' original wrestling music!! It was so fab.

Then watched The Awakening show, where with the help of fire, smoke, fireworks and dancing zombies, they awaken 'Dr. Fright'

10665697_10152668060900081_7186367158174706893_n.jpg

Then they 'unleash' all the roaming actors from behind a cemetery gate into the crowd. It was brilliantly executed, although lots of children started crying. (I don't know why parents would bring them when the event specifically advises no under 12's)

There was another show straight after called Dead Mans Party - where a load of ghouls performed a dance to 'Dragula' by Rob Zombie <3 It was one of the best things I've ever seen at a theme park. I love how Six Flags aren't afraid to use heavy metal music in their rides and shows :--D

It was now dark, all the pathways were lit with these ambient torches

10690294_10152668060970081_7505222818299058796_n.jpg

First I dashed to grab my last remaining cred - Bizarro before hitting the Scare Attractions.

Bizarro is definitely the unsung hero of Six Flags Gr. Adv. It has an wonderful layout, decent themeing and some really great head / foot choppers. I guess it gets over shadowed by it's bigger Intamin brother at New England, but the floorless Bizarro really is...flawless. 9 /10

Walked through the Butcher Terror-Tory scare zone after. The whole area was full of smoke and ghouls running at guest with shovels. It was so well done. I love that with the Six Flags scare zones, you have to walk through them to get to other areas of the park. People who clearly don't want to walk through them get really scared and it gets chaotic, with people trying to run away in all directions.

Managed to grab a couple of character pics:

1653409_10152668013400081_2087977244097678037_n.jpg

Ghouls just wanna have fun...

10703551_10152668013520081_6604777682615060251_n.jpg

Seen as the park-wide themeing for Fright Fest was so good, I was looking forward to doing the up-charge Scare Attractions to see if they withheld the same standard.

First up was Voodoo Island - an outdoor, bamboo walk through that showed no attempt of having a narrative. There was no dynamic to the pace or creation of suspense. Just girls in make up saying 'boo' from behind corners. The finale was visually impressive - a giant horned man on stilts, but (I guess because of the stilts) he didn't really move around, so everyone just walked past him. 4 /10

Then onto Crop Circles - supposedly based on aliens. Yet it began with several men with chainsaws. Naturally. They chased you around a corn maze cut in a crop circle pattern. Chainsaws are so overused, I'm numb to them now.

More actors nervously shouted 'boo' at me, and I found my appreciation for the confident actors at Alton and Thorpe deepening. Most of the actors in Crop Circles seemed as though they didn't really know what to do with themselves.

Here's one for jj23w - the finale of this walk through was Slender Man. I don't know what he is, but I thought you might appreciate that. I'm not sure what Slender Man has to do with aliens though :/ 3 /10

Walked through the clown - based scare zone in the Carnival area of the park. This bit was excellent. The scare actors here were so much more inventive and confident with approaching the public.

Next up was The Manor, and indoor scare attraction. It was laughably bad. They had made no attempts to light the warehouse subtly, you could see the tops of the tacky set pieces and the warehouse ceiling. It featured girls in long black wigs jumping around on beds. They had no versatility, unlike at Thorpe where actors will hang from the walls or crawl up behind you get an unpredictable scare from all angles; these scare actors just stood right in front of you. The walk through ended with a random car prop driving through a wall. 2 /10

I thought Total Darkness sounded promising, they gave you a flash light and a rope for everyone to hold onto before you went inside. But again, it was just a semi- dark warehouse. It was a genius idea really - theme it to total darkness so you don't have to create any set pieces or costumes. It was literally just black walls and people in black body suits. No soundtrack. No suspense. No innovative acting.

Fed up with the rubbish Scare Attractions, I opted to ride Nightro instead.

10414888_10152668013530081_3666942957666335673_n.jpg

It's even better in the dark! Was so great hurtling up those airtime hills, looking at the stars <3

Then finished off the scare attractions, firstly with Wasteland. An outdoor maze where a zombie theme provided an excuse for some seriously lackluster costumes. Again, it had no real story or depth. 1 /10

Finally, The Asylum which is housed in Batman + Robin: The Chiller's outdoor queue section. They've made no attempts to cover up all the Mr. Freeze references on the building, so I just found myself wishing that that coaster was still there instead of this terrible walk through.

It had inappropriate bangin' dance music blaring out, and was basically just white sheets covering metal fences, with the odd girl in bad make up saying 'boo' at you. 1 /10

I don't understand how Six Flags got the park-wide Halloween stuff so perfect, but the Scare Attractions so wrong. Either way, the gigantic props / themeing, the roaming actors, the park-wise creepy music and moody lighting was more than enough to please me.

On my way out I saw a cafe that uses the CF font!

10404482_10152668061160081_7607643399341271504_n.jpg

They should have called it Costa Force!

Overall, I was very impressed with Six Flags Great Adventure; it has a brilliant atmosphere, great staff and some excellent coasters. Would highly recommend visiting for Fright Fest, even if just for the fab shows and rides on Nightro.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Re: Coney Spiteland / Hersheypark / Six Flags Gr.Ad. Fright

Sorry to hear about Coney Island. I love the Cyclone only if you are strapped in tight because if you arn't you are in for a spine tingler. Having Thunderbolt closed sucks since its brand new. At least Hershey and Six Flags were better. Especially glad that you liked Skull Mountain<3.

Awesome trip report. :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

Not enough airtime on Skyrush? are you mad??? ;)

Lovely report as usual! We got to ride jut as much at coney island as you did!

peep

CF Legend

Great trip report, I mainly agree with your points on the creds at Six Flags, apart from Kingda Ka but I can understand that's not your thing. Shame about the scare mazes, especially as they were an upcharge. Shame you didn't like Hershey park, probably not helped by the large crowds.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Another fantastic report! Really love the humor and puns :p

Shame you couldn't ride Thunderbolt, but I've only heard bad things about it so I guess you didn't miss much. Also a shame that Hershey disappointed. It seems that you really value a nice, well themed, atmospheric park, moreso than a bland park with a great coaster selection, and I'm the same in that regard, so I hear ya.

I really think I would also love Nitro the most, out of all Great Adventure rides. I love sustained floater airtime and B&M hyper trains <3 Shame the scare attactions disappointed though.

Also, looking at your top 10, it's great to see another Joris en de Draak fan :--D I thought I was the only person on here who loves it. It just has a wonderful atmosphere and it's a really great coaster in general.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Another great report! But I can't really imagine how missing a Zamperla would be in any way worse than missing a Togo? Sure, most that have appeared on the Western soil were mostly crap, but the comments on the ones operating in Asia are rather positive than negative. Whereas I haven't really heard anything more than 2 Zamperlas being anything but bad...

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

Your not-so mainstream opinions make for a very interesting read :)

I experienced the same pain on some of my El Toro rides, but for whatever reason the ferocity and intensity of the ride overpowered any discomfort I felt.

I'm glad you liked Bizarro & Fahrenheit. Very much the hidden gems at their parks.

Its a real shame you missed Thunderbolt. The majority of the ride looks poorly built and quite painful, but those airtime hills look seriously aggressive <3.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

SFGADv didn't get the first Batman.Great America did. :p

Other than that, fab report as usual.

Seeing that Nitro is your new #1, I'm assuming that you didn't get spited by the dreaded Train C?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

davidm

Strata Poster

Awesome graphs skills again! :)

10632751_10152668168810081_1660265217899767747_n.jpg

--

I've only ever been to those parks in midweek, daytimes, so not had to cope with huge crowds (2.5 hrs for Lightning Racer - wow!!!) - odd that I much prefer Hershey over GAdv (apart from Hershey's Zoo which made me feel very sad). Something about Hershey being "nice" and GAdv being "tacky" I think ; hard to express. Across the 2 parks I'd agree that Nitro is my favourite and I don't disagree too much with your underwhelming experience of Skyrush and ElToro.

Was Coney Island due to be open and just spited you on the day or had you just turned up on spec or just gone out there for something to do?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

/\ In my opinion, that cred spite disappointment scale is almost perfect. I think an RMC spite would be more disappointing than a B&M spite because they are much rarer than B&Ms and they are all amongst the best coasters in the world.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I'm just a bit surprised by premier rides being higher than Intamin and Mack :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

The problem with that scale is that it's just too broad in terms of what would be less spiteful than something else...

As an example, I wouldn't feel too let down if a Mack Wild Mouse spited me... Similarly for a B&M Stand-Up...

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

Thanks for all the comments, glad you enjoyed reading this trip report :)

GuyWithAStick said:
SFGADv didn't get the first Batman.Great America did. :p

Oops, I assumed it was the first because it was built in 1993! Sorry :oops:

david morton said:
Was Coney Island due to be open and just spited you on the day or had you just turned up on spec or just gone out there for something to do?

I found out it was closed the night before and decided to go anyway just to look at the coasters. Hershey's zoo made me sad too. I think the tackiness of SF was the reason I prefer it over Hershey!

cjbrandy said:
/\ In my opinion, that cred spite disappointment scale is almost perfect. I think an RMC spite would be more disappointing than a B&M spite because they are much rarer than B&Ms and they are all amongst the best coasters in the world.

Good point, but I haven't ridden an RMC yet so didn't feel I could put it right at the top. I suppose they are far less common than B+M's, so are actually the more valued cred.

ThomVD said:
I'm just a bit surprised by premier rides being higher than Intamin and Mack :p

There's a fair amount of average Mack's dotted around (Mouse, spinners, Young Stars etc) they're not that hard to come across and they're pretty average creds. Even some of they're mega coasters like Alpina Blitz aren't particularly outstanding in my opinion.

Again, Intamins are way more common than Premier Rides and not as smooth.

Nemesis Inferno said:
The problem with that scale is that it's just too broad in terms of what would be less spiteful than something else...

As an example, I wouldn't feel too let down if a Mack Wild Mouse spited me... Similarly for a B&M Stand-Up...

Oh yeah, it's very basic and subjective! I made this one in 5 mins, but one day I will plot every different model of coaster on the Disappointment-Spite scale!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Radaxian said:
[Cyclone] is just one of the fab looking creds I didn't get to ride at Closedy Island.
It may look fab, but it’s not exactly fab to ride. Sure it’s a classic, and I’m glad I got the opportunity to ride it a few years ago, but its main gimmick seems to be compacting riders' spinal columns. I wouldn’t be too disappointed by that one.

Radaxian said:
I was really intrigued by Fahrenheit - Intamin's only beyond vertical coaster. It was totally Fabrenheit. Luckily got sat nearer the back, and the feeling of being pulled over the first drop on a long train was incredible. The Norweigan Loop is such a unique feeling, and there's a great cheeky airtime hill at the end. One of Hershey Park's best coasters. 9 /10
I have quite fond memories of Fahrenheit. I rode it back in the opening year, and remember it being a good, solid ride. I wasn’t sure how well it would age, given the fact that it’s an Intamin, and Intamins tend to develop a bit of a rattle over time. It’s great to hear it’s still fab.

Radaxian said:
I already liked Wildcat because it had a picture of a cat on the station. It was a GCI. Rough in a good way. It had a nice long layout. Not the best GCI I've ever ridden but still an enjoyable coaster. 7 /10

Next up: Lightning Racer - the clue's in the name, it's a racing GCI. Annoyingly the fast pass only allows you to do one side, so I had to wait a lifetime to ride the other side at night. More of that later. Lightning Racer is one of the best wooden roller coaster's I've ridden. It has heaps of airtime and near misses with the other track. 9 /10
I found both of the GCIs to be a bit bland if I’m honest. Wildcat was OK. Lightning Racer is pure fun, but I think it’s heavily reliant on the racing gimmick to cover for the fact that it’s not a particularly great ride. Fortunately, it’s a good gimmick that manages to cover the ride’s shortcomings fairly well, but I wish it were more like Thunderbird if I'm honest.

Radaxian said:
Last was my second surprise of the day, in the form of my least fave type of coaster - an Intamin Accelerator. I normally hate that feeling of being punched in the chest, so tend to avoid riding them. But hey, a cred's a cred. Or in this case, a Storm Runner is amazing.
As to be expected, I didn't enjoy the launch - but the rest of the coaster = wow! What a crazy layout! The super high heart line into the dive loop was fantastic. If only all Intamin Accelerators had such inspired layouts 8/10
I quite liked what they were trying to do with Stormrunner, but unfortunately it’s one of the Intamins where I suffer from excessive arm and neck bashing from the restraints. It’s one of those rides that seemed to have so much potential, but I’m unable to fully enjoy it because I’m too busy trying to brace for all the fun elements or suffering discomfort. Such a shame. I'm glad you managed to get the best out of it.

Radaxian said:
Overall, this may sound a bit Harshey Park, but I found Hershey to be a rather bland and soulless park. None of the rides are themed, there is no station or area music, and few special touches that truly immerse you in the place. Sure, it has a great line up of coasters but overall it lacks atmosphere. I wouldn't be in a skyrush to go back there.
I’d agree with you on that actually. I spent a bit of time wandering the park on my own during my day there, and was actually getting a bit fed up, in no small part because operations were annoyingly slow. It’s definitely a park where you need the right people to give it some sort of atmosphere. Fortunately, I spent most of the day chilling out with the likes of Jerry, Aidan, Snoo, ECG and the infamous Axel (those who were there will remember!). I think Mike was hanging out with us as well. That livened things up a fair amount. Take away the group atmosphere and you’d have a problem.

Radaxian said:
I started the [SFGAdv] day with Nitro, the wonderful orange and pink B+M hyper. On my first ride I opted for the back Nitrow, and as soon as I hit the final brakes I had a new number one coaster.
I really want to re-ride Nitro. I really didn’t get the best out of it the last time, as I think I was stapled a bit too much. Having experienced the joys of Silver Star and the immense floater I got on that, I’d love to give Nitro another try and ride it “properly”.

Radaxian said:
Next up was the one I had been dreading: Kingda Ka. It's twice as high as anything I've ever ridden and it's another bloody Intamin launch.

I was so nervous at the air gates that I nearly bloused out. Luckily the people on my train were a big group of loud guys who found the whole thing hilarious. Their constant laughter certainly made it a bit less daunting for me. Nevertheless, I probably wouldn't ride it again. It's just not my kind of coaster. I didn't like how much it rattled on the launch and how much it slows down at the top. But I do appreciate that it offers one of the most surreal roller coaster experiences 5 /10
I did wonder whether or not you’d manage to ride Kingda Ka or whether your nerves would get the better of you. I’m glad you managed to overcome your fear and ride it, as it’s certainly a great experience even though it’s a pretty poor ride. Like you say though, that rattle (and a poor launch in general) really lets down what could otherwise be an amazing coaster.

Radaxian said:
Watched the Otter show to calm my jangled nerves, then headed over to El Toro.

Didn't get my On Fab Photo because my face was contorted in pain. *Cue more abuse* El Toro is so over rated.

Sure, it has crazy ejector airtime and speed; but it's not a comfortable ride at all. It's like the Batman of woodies - just a complete blur of forces.

The first drop is the best part. Then the ridiculous airtime kicks in, and it's not like fun ejector, it's like being slammed constantly upwards into your lap bar. Which isn't comfortable when it's pushing the metal seat belt buckle into your hip bone. :/

The weird groaning noise it makes when it crests an airtime hill is so weird. I dunno. Again, I can see why people like it. But I wasn't impressed, I had no desire to re-ride it. Give me a Pre-Fab like Balder over El Toro any day. 5 /10 (I know, I know - I'm wrong and I have terrible taste, but this is just my opinion)
You’re wrong, and have terrible taste :lol:

In all fairness, I can see why people might not like that ridiculous level of ejector, although personally I loved it. I’m surprised by the belt buckle issue though, although maybe I’ve never had that problem because I know what’s coming and am always careful to make sure the lap bar isn’t resting directly on said buckle, or any other solid object like a phone or camera for that matter.

The most discomfort I remember experiencing was being hit in the face by my name badge on every airtime hill. I’d clipped the string on the TPR name badge lanyard onto my shirt so that it couldn’t fly off, but I’d only secured the string on one side, so every time I hit a hill, the badge flew up the string, smacked me in the face and then dropped back down again.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Great report! You have a very good point on the restraints but I'm still shocked you didn't like El Toro. But opinions are opinions and I haven't ridden any other Intamin Woodies. The spite chart made me chuckle on how accurate it is. You have a blank template of the spite chart?

nadroJ

CF Legend

Sucks that Hershey was so bloody busy! I've always been adamant that Hershey is my favourite AMUSEMENT park, not theme park. The coasters are great in my book, lots of fun deride able stuff, nothing stupidly huge or intense and just a pleasant day out. Can't believe Coney spited you too! They're so silly with their operations :(

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

You were spited at Coney cus half the staff were at EAS! Nobody let to run the place ;)

I agree with your SFGAd comments. Nitro is the best coaster in the park and El Toro is overrated.