What's new

Comfiest coaster seat/restraint combo

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye I found Swarm quite comfortable but my gf hated the restraints.

Probably Shambhala was the comfiest I can think of.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
B&M Wing Coasters leave me with dead legs by the end of the ride. The seat is comfy, but the restraint isn't - it just feels really restrictive once the vest has locked.

Nick P

Mega Poster
Most comfortable? Skyrush lap bars without a doubt. :p

It's been said before, but B&M clamshells in my opinion.

I'm curious how Banshee's restraints will be like. I know they're basically Wing Rider restraints, but they will be on a much more forceful coaster.

How do Mack's restraints (blue fire) compare to clamshells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1993

Hyper Poster
By far, the wing riders.
Im not sure if any of the others have been modified, but gatekeeper's vests were changed so that they now stretch the entire ride, just like the way they do in the station before trains are dispatched.
It is extremely comfortable between the bucket-like seat and stretchy vests!
I really hope they modify all the restraints like this.

joe3579

Roller Poster
Wing coasters are just the ultimate comfort. Nothing says comfort like slightly reclined back seats with a nice vest-style restrain perfectly fitting with your body. It is simply paradise in a restraint.

I also feel that the back rows on the cars on the Phantoms Revenge have so much leg room, it's fantastic. But I cannot stand the front in the least bit since my feet always get stuck up on the sides. But whenever I get the back... :--D It is bliss!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Wing rider's seats are brilliant. I like bucket seats un general. I like Air's seats too...until it tips you up then it isn't as comfortable, but the seats themselves are brilliant.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^yh, that pretty much, they're vile and restrictive and claustrophobic <//3

I'd probably go with a nice clamshell. Feels like I'm wearing...nothin' at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj23w

Hyper Poster
image_zpsa37dc899.jpg.html
Surprisingly the comfiest seating and restraints I've ever been on are adventure island workshops rides. Time machine is one of my examples of comfy seats and restraints. You feel you are going to fall out because of the restraint.

Epcotcenter82

Roller Poster
Probably between The Mummy at UO or Space Mountain at MK. Mummy is already a great ride but the restraints are just amazing. Because you can hold onto it as well as having it hold you in for the banked turns. As for Space, I like it better than BTM because you do not have to sit next to someone. Also you have almost nothing to hold onto. I don't really like the far back though, but you get the most amazing air time on B side. But they can really hurt..

Most uncomfortable: Tie between Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest and Forbidden Journey(I wouldn't count it as a coaster but still..)

Starting with BTM, it is never tight and also it hurts to get thrown into if you sit in the back. (Best seat+ the BTM trick only works in this seat.) SM's lap bars can do the same but they are a little more padded at least. Also I think that BTM should get clamshell lapbars. Of course that means that both parents can't sit with their child. But it is a little safer for both parties and more comfortable.

With Everest, it's really just a height issue with me. I am very short so I have short arms as well, so I hold onto the lap bar. The actual thing you can hold onto is way to far away from any guest that is shorter than 5'3. You have to stretch so far if you are short lol. Anyway, I would probably fix this with lapbars that have something to hold onto. (Everest already has Vekoma clamshell lapbars.)

Last but not least, HPATFJ Or Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I just really didn't like this one because it felt claustrophobic. I guess because of the horseshoe(That is what I call them lol) being so big along with the top being covered (so you do not see the projectors) it is just not comfortable. I do like the "Handle bar" thing, it is much more comfortable than normal "horseshoe" handlebar things.

That is just my two cents though ^^

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Orlando much? :wink:

Surprised you didn't mention Hulk or Dragon Challenge. Those B&M OTSRs are often popular with folks as they do their job while being relatively comfortable.

mad mouse

Roller Poster
the restraints on Megaphobia are the most comfortable I have experienced .
the seats are nice too, covered with faux leather similar to an armchair.