What's new

Comfiest coaster seat/restraint combo

Taxi

Mega Poster
GateKeeper. VERY comfortable restraints. Had zero trouble with them until sitting on the break run, I will admit they were a bit tight, but not unbearable.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ I agree with Taxi. I heard loads about them being constrictive and yeah, they are, right at the end.
No issues with them and they were super comfortable during the whole coasting layout. I didn't even notice they were tight until some kid was sick and we sat on the brake run for 5 mins.

White Lightning's Millennium Flyer trains are also very comfortable.

Mike

Giga Poster
B&M bucket seats with clamshell restraints, although Coney Island's Cyclone gets an honourable mention for it's sofa seats.

ignace

Mega Poster
Mushroom said:
Gerst lap bar trains XD

Posting from a different place in the world

Really? I think the restraints on Karacho are terrible, they hurt my legs :(!

Blue Fire by far. And for small people like me: the Schaffer trains on Teststrecke <3.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
The best otsr's are without a doubt Intimidator 305's. they aren't hard, they are a foamy flat very comfy type of restraint. Very good restraints. Much superior to B&M Over the shoulder restraints. It's impossible to bang your head on 305's restraints.

Verbolten is pretty comfortable. Good seat and good lap bar. I agree that coney island cyclone has comfy seats.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Millennium and Dragster's T-bars. SUCH comfortable restraints.

B&M clamshells are comfy. So are wing coaster restraints if you sit somewhere where you don't get stapled.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
I put it to you that Phoenix has the most comfortable seats. It's essentially like no restraints, because the bar is so far away. As long as you don't kill yourself with the belt, it's like sitting on a cushy bench.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Flying Turns is like climbing into the comfiest couch ever imagined...and it surrounds you with its wonderous fluff.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Ditto, but I won't call it a couch - more like a love seat. :wink:
It doesn't get much more comfortable than Flying Turns.

Error

Strata Poster
The GateKeeper crew was half tempted to write to B&M to get the seats turned into office chairs. And with the vest no longer locking, the restraint is very free flowing for a OTSR.

Clamshells are good too.