What's new

Colossus Headbang

Jools

Giga Poster
I was just saying in another topic how much I love Colossus because I don't head bang, and because of the hangtime from the barrel rolls, It would be great if colossus had Slammer's restraints!

Anyway, I have came to the theory that it is my height (6ft) which is what is stopping me from headbanging, i want to investigate.

State your height then if you headbang or not.

NOTE: Don't do if sensative about your height... Deano :p and everyone else.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm 5'8" and I don't get head banging at all. I really enjoy colossus. Much more than Inferno.

coastermac

Roller Poster
6'2 No head bang. But haven't had it since I was about 7, being about 3ft, 8 or something ridiculously small!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm just short of 6', and I don't generally have a problem with head banging. However, the restraints sit a long way above my shoulders. I generally lean forward into the restraint and let my arms and shoulders take the impact from the ride. If I didn't do that, I suspect I'd get some head bashing, at least going through the cobra roll.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm 6ft and it hurts me a LOT. A hell of a lot. It's a terrible ride.

And it makes me ill, but, that's because the inlines seem to think it's a spin&spew, not a coaster.

coastermac said:
6'2 No head bang. But haven't had it since I was about 7, being about 3ft, 8 or something ridiculously small!

You went on Colossus ten years ago? WOW. That's amazing!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Colossus hurts... A lot...

Intamin's get rough way too early into their life-span... I suffer head-banging more on their ones than most Vekomas...

Colossus deserves it's sucky reputation for causing headaches...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm around 5'8, and I do get headbanging quite a lot on Colossus, front or back. I only really feel the roughness at the bottom of the drop, cobra roll and corkscrews, the rest is just shakey. It doesn't actually bother me about roughness, it feels and sounds like a proper rollercoaster, thats what I love about Colossus, I think its great! :p

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't think it depends on just height. Weight and shoulder width etc. probably comes into it as well.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Well if weight and width come into it then; I'm rather skinny which maybe the cause? I weigh in at about 8 stone and have a size 30 waist and I still recieve some epic head banging :p

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Well I'm 5' 5",and get major ear bashing from it.

But I've found sticking your head forward like a constipated giraffe helps.

A

Anonymous

I am 5'9 and i dont get any headbanging, My friend that went on it with me is 6'2 and he said it hurt like hell, I dont think its your height that matters, Its how you sit, and how much of a moaner about stupid pointless things you are, i sit with my head not on the headrest, my friend did?