What's new

College bowl season

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
There have been a few college bowl games already, and the big ones are coming up soon, so which teams do you want to win? I'm a Ducks fan and I think they will crush Texas, but I will root for the Beavers when they are in big games. I was glad they won last night. Who do you want to win?

EDIT - I've fixed this horrendous post so that it no longer appears like it was written by a disabled five-year-old on crack. It was embarrassing and should have been kept locked until it was fixed. I won't be doing it again; I'll be deleting it straight away. Gavin.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Collage bowl season

Locking this illiterate tripe as it's just embarrassing.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Unlocked because there are enough U.S. college football fans on here to keep it open. I'm looking forward to the BCS Bowls, particularly the Citrus Bowl (Wisconsin vs. South Carolina), the Orange Bowl (Clemson vs. Ohio State) and the Championship showdown between Florida State and Auburn at the Rose Bowl.
My predictions are: the Gamecocks over the Badgers (sorry Hixee), the Buckeyes over my beloved Tigers (who have let me down too many times for me to pick them this time around) and the Seminoles over those other Tigers.

Darren B

Giga Poster

I agree with Gavin, Jerry. The topic isn't the issue, it's the awful way in which it's presented. I nearly lost consciousness trying to read the topic opening without commas or full stops.

If such topics are to stand then they need to be edited by the mods. It's embarrassing for CoasterForce otherwise. insanecoastervids isn't uneducated, he's just lazy. I'm uneducated, most 10 year olds are more educated than me, yet I can still manage to post at an acceptable level using grammar and punctuation.

I apologise for spamming the topic but I felt something needed to be said.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^I PM'd insanecoastervids asking him to fix his original post, but unlocked the topic for those that are interested in posting about the BCS Bowls.

Snoo

The Legend

Someone needs to go to College, with an e.

As far as games go, if you don't know who I root for, you probably don't have eyes. Ohio State, while having a suspect defense, has a solid offense and Clemson is.. well.. Clemson. It will really be who's defense doesn't suck more.

GeForce

Roller Poster

I will be watching my Wolverines against K-State and hope we can close the season out with a win. The BCS bowl are also a must watch. The game with Clemson involved (sorry guys :p ) will be a shootout, Oklahoma will shock the world and beat Alabama, consistent special teams play will win that game.
Sparty wins against Stanford and even though I would love to see UCF win, Baylor will beat them.
As for the NC, I hope and think FSU wins it, they are the best team in the country, so much fun to watch and if Auburn doesn´t play like they did against Alabama ,they will get steamrolled like the Irish or Lsu in the last two years.

I will also watch every bowl on New Years Eve , I hate celebrating New Year.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

So tonight is the big game and I hope it doesn't disappoint, like all the bowl games prior to New Year's Eve did with all those blow outs. At least that changed starting with that fantastic Texas A&M-Duke game in Atlanta. The Gator Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Citrus Bowl, Outback Bowl, Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl were all great games (especially Clemson's win over Ohio State :p ), so it would be a bummer if the Championship showdown was a dud.
GeForce said:
I will be watching my Wolverines against K-State and hope we can close the season out with a win. The BCS bowl are also a must watch. The game with Clemson involved (sorry guys :p ) will be a shootout, Oklahoma will shock the world and beat Alabama, consistent special teams play will win that game.
Sparty wins against Stanford and even though I would love to see UCF win, Baylor will beat them.
As for the NC, I hope and think FSU wins it, they are the best team in the country, so much fun to watch and if Auburn doesn´t play like they did against Alabama ,they will get steamrolled like the Irish or Lsu in the last two years.

I will also watch every bowl on New Years Eve , I hate celebrating New Year.
Some great predictions there. Since you didn't say that Michigan would win, you got everything other than the Fiesta Bowl right. =D>

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The first half of last night's game might not have been great, but the last quarter certainly was. I think this was the best BCS and what a way to go out. Now I'm really looking forward to see what the new playoff system will bring.