What's new

College and Classes

reddude333

Giga Poster
Ah yes, Newtonian physics...good times, good times.

Oh, so I registered this last week and the classes I'm signed up for next quarter are: Mechanics of Materials I, Tech Writing for Engineers, Materials Engineering, and Philosophy of Design...also second on the wait list for Dynamics (really crossing my fingers that I can get into it!)

Only got classes three days a week next semester! From Jan to April I have:

Intro to Roman Civilization
Foundations of Writing II
Methods and Practices of History
Latin Poetry
Black Death to the Enlightenment

^ I purposely schedule mine to four days a week for the most part. There aren't too many classes on Fridays at my university anyway, so it's not hard to have a three day weekend. Initially I had a four day week this upcoming semester but I had a scheduling problem and realized I didn't need one of the classes so I changed it. My Wednesdays suck though, having to be in class from 1-10 haha.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Well, I can't really sympathize...but that is quite unfortunate. As an engineer there is almost no way of avoiding having class every day. Oddly enough, if I can't get into the class I'm waitlisting I won't have any Friday class...but I'm praying to God that I will get in because I want to stay ahead so I can graduate on time.

^ Oh fair enough, engineering is the most work intensive program as it is! I'm not too fussed with 1-10, I just don't like the idea that there are no breaks.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, gotta eat sometime...I would make myself an enormous dinner every Wednesday and then just eat it in class. Bring a personal grill if necessary :p

Richie

Hyper Poster
I'm in my second year studying Primary Education BAhons with QTS at Leeds Met University.

Love leeds <3

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Second semester:

Engineering Fundamentals II
Materials Science and Engineering
Calc II
Physics I
World Cultures
Beginning Skiing

So far, it's a great schedule. All classes are MTF except for skiing, which is Tuesday night.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Might as well, just got my list for the Spring Semester:

-Computational and Numerical Methods
-Dynamics of Structures and Machines
-Materials Processing
-Fluids Engineering
-Design of Engineering Structures and Components
-Management and HRM for Engineers

Timetable isn't too bad, mostly mornings, which suits me, but still got the **** management thing... <////3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This being my last semester, is going to be horrible.

Rise of Europe (bull **** survey freshman class)
US since 1945
Human Anthropology and Lab (supposed to be extremely difficult)
History of Islam
Coaching and Officiating Football
America Revolution Seminar class (30 page research paper is all you do in this class)

^ I didn't take the Islam class, because it sounds awful, although I heard it's really interesting so I might take it next year even though it's a first year course. Coaching football?! That sounds weird. Also I don't think anthropology is that hard, sort of on par with psychology then again last time I took it was sometime in high school. Good luck with that 30 page paper!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well, they changed that paper, it's now 15-20 pages with a power point presentation. Sounds so much better to me!

And yeah, coaching football is my filler class, but I've wanted to coach ever since I was young. Then when I hurt my back and couldn't play anymore, I started considering it more, and I coached for my pop warner (youth league) coach, and I just fell in love with it. This class teaches all the basics of formations and rules plus officiating and how to treat the athletes, since it is a secondary education class. They don't want you to start screaming at kids since they are all too fragile now and can't take being yelled out. Hell, when I was playing and I screwed up, I had 3 coaches yelling at me from the time I left the huddle to the time I went back in 3 plays later. That's how you learn never to do it again!

^ That's pretty cool! I'm sad I don't get anymore filler classes or electives, because all the classes I took while I was in nursing ended up switching to filler classes once I switched programs. Shame, because our university has a class called "weird things" which I really wanted to take :p .

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Second Semester:

Intro to Marco Economics
Europe in the 20th Century
Intro Application Development (by far my favourite class even though it is a 3 hour lab twice a week)
Intro to Computer Science II (learning Java and Objective-C)
Linear Algebra (Science/Engineering)

Timetable is great, though I do have some early mornings but I'm done by 3 at the latest

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I graduated in March of last year from Milwaukee School of Engineering with a BS in mechanical engineering. I found a crap job in engineering in April, and then a better job in May of the same year. So happy to be out of school and able to do stuff that costs money.

Seeing as this has been brought back, my lovely schedule (apart from the 8am classes which will kill me and the three hour gap on Tues/Thurs) for September to December:

Monday
8-9:50- Intensive German for Beginners

Tuesday
1-2:20- Early Modern Europe
2:30-3:50- Introductory Latin
4-5:20- Magic and Superstition in the Ancient World

Wednesday

Thursday
1-2:20- Early Modern Europe
2:30-3:50- Introductory Latin
4-5:20- Magic and Superstition in the Ancient World

So it's a pretty easy schedule, I just don't do well with mornings!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My first semester of my sophomore year - Michigan Technological University, Mechanical Engineering:

- Calc III
- Physics II w/ lab
- Integrated Design and Manufacturing w/ Lab
- Statics
- Composition
- Social Dance

It totals out to 18.5 credit hours. Go big or go home.