What's new

Collab Park Idea

reddude333

Giga Poster
So all of this park-making has been causing my creative juices to start flowing and presented me with a unique (perhaps unrealistic) idea. Although all of us embrace RCT3 in different ways, we each have unique styles which contribute to this corner of the CF forums quite nicely. I love seeing everyone's takes on coasters and scenery and so I think it might be fun to create a sort of collaboration project in which everyone can contribute one way or another to a single park. For example, one person could create a general landscape, then others could make coasters, rides, buildings, themed areas, etc. which could either be imported in or we could all share the file via the internet...pass it along or keep reuploading it with new content or use a common site such as Google docs.

So, I would like to get a feel for who (if anyone) would be interested in contributing to this kind of project. The great thing is that it would be extremely low commitment considering you could just add a single ride or area or even work on supports or theming (or naming/story) for someone else's coaster. If there are at least a few of you who are interested we can start "assigning" parts to each person.

Park File: http://www.mediafire.com/#d9ta919db89cs

Contributors:

Scw55: Landscaping
Gopats: Themed area/coaster?
Joe: woodie?
Intricks: Buildings?
Reddude333: Theming

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I'm in. I was actually thinking of suggesting that CP10's park and mine could be sister parks like Kings Island and Kings Dominion, but this sounds so much better. I call dibs on the Intamin Accelerator (if one is built)!

scw55

Hyper Poster
I would be interested. Perhaps my strength would be pre-existing terrain to build on. I enjoy terra-forming very much. This would be a *real-istic* project right? No Magical Snow & Desert Sand land right?

JammyBand

Roller Poster
I'm in as well! Sounds like a great idea! I havn't been on here recently and I very much want to get involved again! :--D

-JammyBand

Intricks

Strata Poster
Sounds interesting. All Ive been doing is just building structures in game though, havent really done much designing as I used to.

So, Im in, but not exactly sure what all I could bring to this project.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I am excited by the great response I have gotten regarding this idea. The next step is deciding who would be interested in doing what and how we will share this with each other.

Scw55, sounds like you would like to do some initial landscaping. That's great! And part of what you bring to the table is your unbridled creativity. This park is really about displaying all of our talents so you can approach this however you want. I can provide a blank file for you to use as a base. Regarding your question of creativity, I think it is up to everyone as to how we should approach it. Comments?

Gopats, an Intamin Accelerator would be great! You can either wait to get an idea of what the park will look like or just start making a couple designs and saving them (maybe post them somewhere) so we can get an idea of how you want to contribute.

Intricks, I can't quite tell whether or not that was you suggesting that you make buildings for the park. If so, that would be cool, or if you want to do something else just suggest it.

Colossus and JammyBand, any idea what you might want to do for the park?

Here are some basic things I think we need (although this list is not all-inclusive):

• Landscaping (scw55, others?)
• Park entrance (of some sort, up to the person who take on this task)
• Buildings (this could include stations, eateries, midway buildings, etc.)
• Coasters
- Intamin Accelerator (gopats)
- Woodie? (guessing we will want at least one of these)
- Junior/family coaster? (just an idea)
- Water ride(s)
- Other ideas?
• Flat rides (and all that they entail)
• Waterpark (yes/no? just throwing another one out there)
• Theming rides (I would actually be interested in doing this if anyone would like to just come up with a coaster design)

Another thing we might want to address is how much we want to plan the overall scheme of the park. I'm cool with us just throwing all our ideas into a melting pot or planning it out a lot. Do we want themed areas? A themed park? No overarching theme? Generic-style theme? It's up to you guys :)

To start things off I have posted a blank park file at the top of the thread. As a rule of thumb, I would appreciate if we edit the park ONLY in the scenario editor. This allows for more freedom and a lot more options as opposed to sandbox mode. Place the park file in the folder Documents>RCT3>Start New Scenarios.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I think themed areas would suit this sort of project more. Because everyone has their own likes and dislikes with aesphetics and I would imagine someone may like 'Pseudo' city theme and another would despise it. (same with Horror as an example). Sort of Various themed areas would be a best compromise? You could also have interesting circumstances where perhaps two themed areas could bleed into each other. I'm just spewing randomness now, I'll stop typing :D

reddude333

Giga Poster
^^Haha. Good input though. Other opinions?

^Sounds great. I think I will also put everyone's projected contributions on the first post in the thread.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I would like to build a themed section, but I think I might ditch the Accelerator :(
But wait, there's more...
B&M Hyper + Eurofighter!
Don't know what theme yet. Maybe a Area 51-ish if I can find some CS. Anybody have any?

Intricks

Strata Poster
I only suggested building as it would force me to basically get better at em, and it is something that I would LIKE to get better at.

I used to be pretty good at doing B&M and sit down multi-loopers before I had to break off from the game due to pc crash.

I also somewhat agree with seperate themed areas. Could we get a possible list going of themes that we would want to oncorporate into the park?

Oh, another thing would be a CS list that we would use.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
Oh, another thing would be a CS list that we would use.

Thats a real good question, what are we going to do about custom scenery, are we all going to have to do a list of CS that we all have.

Otherwise, say if I use CS, then hand it over to somebody else that does not have that particular set, could it crash their game?

reddude333

Giga Poster
*Fixed
Intricks said:
As far as I know one of three things will happen:

Wont load
Scenery wont show up
Game crashes
:p
But yes, this is a good point to bring up. We should probably just make a list as people add things. Just post what CS, CFR, or CTR it is and I will add it to the first post so we all know to get it.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
BTW, I found a CTR for the Diamondback B&M Hyper coaster cars. Messing around with designs for five minutes got me a 250 ft.-tall, 81 mph, 1:10 airtime, 2 1/2 minute-long beast. It's not done, but I might put it in the park if the design is approved.

Colossus

Giga Poster
reddude333 said:
*Fixed
Intricks said:
As far as I know one of three things will happen:

Wont load
Scenery wont show up
Game crashes
:p
But yes, this is a good point to bring up. We should probably just make a list as people add things. Just post what CS, CFR, or CTR it is and I will add it to the first post so we all know to get it.

So is it an idea to have an agreed CS list of packs that most of us use, such as Steelworx, Steel jungle etc, I like this idea because if we all use random sets the levels of downloading will be insane for everybody.
Especially as it goes on the people who get the last few handovers could potentially have a lot of downloading to do.

If we all have a set list of CS, then we can all prepare ourselves.

Another question I have is the order, would it be sensible to think how the park expands, the people towards the end will have to make sure their hardware can cope with the size and detail of the park, as its probably going to be huge.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^You make a good point. It would be a shame to limit ourselves too much but I understand what you are saying. At the very least, a solid and diligently updated list will be kept on the first post.

Alright guys, that aside, it appears most of you like the themed area idea. Sounds good with me. Post ideas for areas and let's get a little more discussion going as to the creative side of things :)

JammyBand

Roller Poster
Hey guys! I think buildings and themeing suits me. Creating the themed areas (trees, buildings, scenery. Possibly stations) Also, I have a relatively new laptop with good specs so I should be able to handle large parks. I can't wait to see how this ends up! :--D

-JammyBand