What's new

"Cobra" - PAX Loop 520 for Conny-Land

Ali

Mega Poster
^But how is there enough space for a launch? There's like 100ft to the first airtime hill from the station? How is that enough for the train to hit top speed?
And your right in thinking that it isn't safe, the supports are actually in the parking lot! :shock:. And didn't a woman in france just die on a PAX's coasters? :?

Emmett

Giga Poster
There is a No Limits video on YouTube which suggests the train will get pulled up the spike first but looking at the photos of the spike there doesn't appear to be any mechanism to pull the train up.

I reckon the upside down spike is slightly off to the side from the top of the loop. There is no way it could be that close especially if riders put their hands up.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Catch car up the reverse spine? All you'd need (in theory) was a cable winch to pull up the catch car, the train would follow the track either way. And there would (again, in theory) not be any need of an extensive mechanical system to power the winch. A motor on the ground would be sufficent.

marc

CF Legend
I am confussed by this coaster.

The pictures make it look susspended but it can not be, if its normal sit down the hang time is going to be nasty.

A

Anonymous

^ It's a normal sit down, so it will be nasty :) but seeing that someone have been flung out of a Pax recently then I hope that these restraints are better.

^^^^ I guess that they use the same system as on the other Pax shuttle loops, with a Catch car system that is similar to that on a Vekoma Boomerang: RCDB - Image of Cobra at Admiral Vrungel.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I actually quite like the look of this. I suppose it's pretty much the same track style as Pax's Cobra at Admiral Vrungel, just withought it being covered up?

Jake

Strata Poster
The trackwork looks really rough to me, like it's going to be painful...

Still want to ride it though, looks awsome!!!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Catch car up the reverse spine? All you'd need (in theory) was a cable winch to pull up the catch car, the train would follow the track either way. And there would (again, in theory) not be any need of an extensive mechanical system to power the winch. A motor on the ground would be sufficent

Whilst that does all make sense and what have ya, I coudol image it being very uncomfortable being slowly winched up it, bare in mind it is about a 100' climb.

I reckon the upside down spike is slightly off to the side from the top of the loop. There is no way it could be that close especially if riders put their hands up.

Look at the support structure though, it all looks very neat and parrallel.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So is this bitch open yet or what?

It looks nuts.

Dave

CF Legend
The website states:

Conny Land said:
News 15 September 09:

Dear visitor CONNY-LAND

With high pressure, the installation and construction work is progressing on our new roller coaster, but the progress is very tough. In the meantime, have already made a number of technical installations. Currently is installed on the highly complex, cutting-edge electronics. Just now, the service platform for the lift motor and the top section of the pulley for the Aufzugsseil on the launch tower was erected, so that now only the winch for the lift must be lifted. We hope to finish it during the month. Subsequently it is planned to assemble the train, so hopefully soon the first test runs could be made.

Thanks for your patience, but it will be worth it.
We will inform you as soon as it is news again.

Kind regards,

Bodensee-park CONNY-LAND, family Gasser & Crew

This is translated...so may not make sense..

kimahri

CF Legend
^I think it's saying that they've finished the track, started on wireing it up and getting the tower winch motors in.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah absolutely **** loads!! It's just that people are keeping it to themselves and don't want you to know anything.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Taken from Screamscape.

A video of the testing of Cobra along with a POV has been posted on YouTube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5VBc-MTUGM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Cool!!

But also very bad, you can really see the train pumping on both hills and the loop...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That actually looks horrible.

I looks rough, pumpy and ****e.