What's new

Cobra at La Ronde Being Dismantled

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah I didn't realize that until a few years ago when I looked through RCDB wondering if Intamin had ever made a traditional zero-g roll. Strangely Shockwave has the only Intamin zero-g roll ever built.

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon that this could be for a coaster in 2019! Knowing Six Flags, it would probably be an S&S 4D Free Spin, or maybe an RMC Raptor cloned layout, like Wonder Woman, if they want to roll those out across the company.

The reason I reckon it's the start of a new coaster for 2019 is because they could very well have just left it SBNO if they weren't going to do anything with the site.

Thank God! This thing was such a piece of ****. I don't know why LaRonde doesn't bother trying, because it has decent potential given its location (no other parks around). But meh, looks like it will forever be a ****hole.

Will

Strata Poster
I wasn't that upset when it spited me, to be honest - it didn't look great, so no massive loss.
From what I hear about La Ronde (though I actually liked it when it wasn't packed - and Vampire's one of my favourite coasters) they won't be in any hurry to think about a replacement.