What's new

Cobalt 2.0

Xpress

Strata Poster
Diggin through my old files today, I stumbled across one of my old coaster projects I worked on with another enthusiast from the late CoasterSims. Decided impulsively that I needed to make a new track, with more realistic shaping and elements flow. And not to mention forces that won't break necks (2.6 lateral) or crush spines (5.8 vertical).

cobalt20hdr.jpg

Did a little re-working as well, even incorporated the zero-g-roll the track was originally intended to have. Support work will now commence...

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
Looks like it's going to be pretty intense!

Does NL have the motion-blur screenshot feature, whatever it's called, or did you have to do some PhotoShoppery? I'd like to see if I can get that effect on some of mine!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking good. Why you chose the Vekoma is beyond me ;) , but it'll be cool to see it all finished.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice kink in that big support. Not sure a structural engineer (or anyone who's done beam theory) would like that. ;)

I assume you're going to give it something else down there to support it? :lol:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Where the kink is, you could make a cross beam attached to the support on the other side of the track?

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yes, I still have to make the proper flanges first before I deal with that, which is why I said I am not nearly finished with the lift supports ;)

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Hixee said:
Nice kink in that big support. Not sure a structural engineer (or anyone who's done beam theory) would like that. ;)

I assume you're going to give it something else down there to support it? :lol:

As a structural engineer (in training) I agree. You need the cross section to counteract the horizontal force of the angled part of the beam, and also on any tall support to prevent buckling.

Lofty

CF Legend
I like the look of it, Xpress. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the transition from the inlines to the helix. I have trust it'll be 100% smooth, but it just doesn't look right.