What's new

CoasterForce's favourite coasters 2018

Matt N

CF Legend
I've only ridden Nemesis and Montu out of the top 25 at the top, so I've still got some gaps to fill!

However, I've ridden 4 out of the top 30 that @Hyde just posted above; Nemesis, Icon, Mako and Montu.

If you want to find someone who's ridden all of the top 25, maybe someone with a high cred count like @gavin, @Ben, @Tomatron, @Mysterious Sue, @CookieCoasters or one of the other members with high cred counts (those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.)

Snoo

The Legend
I've only ridden Nemesis and Montu out of the top 25 at the top, so I've still got some gaps to fill!

However, I've ridden 4 out of the top 30 that @Hyde just posted above; Nemesis, Icon, Mako and Montu.

If you want to find someone who's ridden all of the top 25, maybe someone with a high cred count like @gavin, @Ben, @Tomatron, @Mysterious Sue, @CookieCoasters or one of the other members with high cred counts (those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.)

Been on 17 of the 25 and I'm only at 350. :)

Awesome btw. This data is crazy cool to formulate. Sexy. Good job @Pokemaniac and @Hyde

tenor.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've got 20. Missing some absolute blinders, too:
Twisted Colossus
Helix (should get this this year)
Wicked Cyclone
Wildfire (should get this this year)
Twisted Timbers

I know it's going to be quite a while until I get the other three RMCs though - parts of the US I'm not likely to be back to for quite a while!

Snoo

The Legend
I've got 20. Missing some absolute blinders, too:
Twisted Colossus
Helix (should get this this year)
Wicked Cyclone
Wildfire (should get this this year)
Twisted Timbers

I know it's going to be quite a while until I get the other three RMCs though - parts of the US I'm not likely to be back to for quite a while!

I'll remember that when I'm riding them this year. :D

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I'm at 9 ridden in the top 25. I should get new creds as I intend to visit Six Flags New England and HersheyPark this year.

Great job guys. This forum is so fun!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
16/25. I have to hop the pond for some proper European coastering, but I'm also missing Fury and Twisted Timbers over here.

Ben

CF Legend
I’ve done 20/25 of them - but weirdly been to all the parks - I’m mostly missing RMCs that have popped up since.

Can’t say I can agree with it though, just because it totally misses out Asia because of our biases. No Eejanaika? Nahhhh.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Can’t say I can agree with it though, just because it totally misses out Asia because of our biases. No Eejanaika? Nahhhh.
Eejanaika is mentioned there all right, just check the second post, but with only one mention (LiveForTheLaunch if I remember correctly) its adjusted rating fell pretty badly. Had one more member mentioned it in first place, it'd be number 16.

It's not like we don't have members who have ridden Eejanaika either - yourself would be an example, I presume - but only one of them posted a list in the thread last year. For a second, I considered tagging a few of our more well-traveled members whose Top 10s were missing, but it would have ruined the surprise. I hope to see lists by you, Gavin, ECG, roomraider, Ian and other globetrotters on the 2019 rankings.

Oh, and for the record, I have only ridden one coaster of the top 25: Helix. I hope to do something about that this year.

Ben

CF Legend
Yes I did see that thank you... Whatever the methodology which means no coasters in Asia made it doesn’t change the fact that no coasters in Asia made it.

A lot of us with bigger counts stop pulling together and posting top tens because it just gets messy when you have so much to choose from.

I get the maths and wanting to surprise people but we all know the people who happened to post in a topic isn’t an amazing sampling method.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nah, I know at least 3 of those guys that haven't even ridden the top one.
Losers. ;)

I'm such a basic bitch that I've only got 15 of the 25.

But yeah, have to agree with Ben really. Only a small sample is being pulled based on the people who actually post in that topic and the fact that a lot of us don't even try to make top tens anymore. Then add in the "new" bias that always comes with people immediately updating their top tens whenever they ride a new coaster without having time to digest it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think this is great! It's an interesting method, probably could use some tweaking but it's not surprising to see how the results turned out. Love the graphs as well. It's cool to hear that 138 coasters are sprinkled among listed Top Ten's.