What's new

Coaster Types To-Do List

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
We all have our coaster bucket lists, but which types of coasters are you trying to get on the most at the moment? Like you don't really care which you get on, but you'd like to ride X model by X manufacturer? Like wanting to ride your first RMC, for instance. Here's mine:

1. Mack Megacoaster- I've heard these are amazing but we only have one and it's clear on the other side of the country from me, and it isn't even a very large scale one to boot. But Manta, DC Rivals, Helix, Blue Fire, one of those I've been wanting to experience for a while. Not sure if one will pop up where I have easier access to it or I'll make it out there to ride one first, though.

2. RMC with Gerstlauer Trains- Let me start by saying I'm in the minority of those who like RMC's trains. I love the sensation of ripping along those perfectly machined rails hugging the track as it throws me violently into that restraint. However, the two that sport Gerstlauer trains that seem more similar to an open train design you'd find on an Intamin hyper seem interesting, especially since they're on some of RMC's larger coasters. Luckily I have both to look forward on next year's big trip!

3. Modern Vekoma Coaster- Never in my life did I ever think I'd say I want to ride a Vekoma but here I am! I was a bit skeptical when they started upping their game in Poland but after seeing how great the final products for both Formula 1 and Lech looked as well as what I keep hearing about them, pretty much any of these newer rides they're cranking out are of interest to me. Can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeve!

4. RMC Raptor Track- Zero reviews exist for these (for obvious reasons) so they could be absolutely dreadful and I wouldn't know. But knowing RMC's wonderful track record and the fact that it's pretty much everything I like about RMC's other ride systems but taken to the extreme, I think both of the ones coming out next year look wonderful. Got one on next year's region trip and the other on the one after.

5. Gerstlauer Infinity- These looked to be really mixed, with some like Smiler getting terrible reviews and others like Karnan getting awesome ones. However, this is so versatile that regardless of whether or not it's a good ride, I always loved the idea of Gerstlauer's sort of "Swiss Army Knife" ride system. This is actually the closest one to me at 9 hours in Iowa (not a lot of motivation to get out there as other things interest me more at the moment) but I could see myself trying one out relatively soon.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I have 3.

1. RMC Hybrid/Wood. I've heard nothing but amazing reviews from these things, and I can't wait for Steel Vengeance!

2. Mack/Intamin Hyper/Giga. They look really good! Really want to ride I305.

3. GG Wooden Coaster. Never ridden one before, and look really fun.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
1: RMC Woodie
2: Intamin Blitz
3: Intamin Accelerator
4: Gertlauer Spinning Coaster
5: Mack Spinning Looper

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Wait, so you're saying you've never ridden Maverick before?
I'm gonna say you've never been to Cedar Point because You've never ridden an Accelerator before.
I've been to Cedar Point, when I went I rode Millennium Force, Rougarou, Corkscrew, and Gatekeeper.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
A togo Ultratwister/pipeline
A gerstlauer shuttle
A gerstlauer soap box thing
a b and m family invert
intamin aquatrax
intamin childrens coaster
intamin twist and turn coaster - https://rcdb.com/1495.htm#p=7544
intamin space diver - https://rcdb.com/128.htm#p=5474
intamin reverse freefall
any wooden shuttle
arrow/sns 4d
mack powered invert
sns free spin
sns screaming squirrel (just for the "experience")
sns compressed air launch
vekoma illlusion
Vekoma big air
vekoma bermuda blitz
vekoma stingray
vekoma tilt coaster
mack powersplash
arrow mouse

whew!

Reactions: JSM

Edward M

Strata Poster
As an American: Mack... like in general.

Ya, this mainly.

There are others though. S&S launch coasters look unreal; I have got to get to one. I want that Aquatrax a lot. I also really want that Tilt Coaster. I am dying to ride an Ultra Twister. They look kind of horrible but also amazing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The really immediate one that jumps out to me is an S&S Launch coaster. They've been around for ages now, but I've never managed to get myself on one.

I also wouldn't mind trying one (or both) of the new Vekomas. They look excellent.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
-A Mack hypercoaster. If I had to pick it'd be Flash over the Aussie one

-The new generation Intamin wing coaster (which I should be getting next month)

- The legend that is the Aquatrax

- New gen Vekoma. Preferably the hyper that never got built but I'll have to settle with Lech

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
-New gen Vekoma. Preferaby the hyper that never got built but I'll have to settle with Lech

What about the Firestorm?

For me:-

-Mack Mega
-Any RMC
-Any hyper besides an Arrow or B&M (I've done both)
-A giga/strata
-An Intamin Woodie
-An Intamin Blitz
-Any new-gen Vekoma
-A GCI (I've ridden Gwazi but can't remember it)

I could go on...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've enjoyed reading people's lists and feeling smug.

Ignoring anything brand new/not yet built, since that seems a bit silly, I think the only thing I'm missing is a B&M giga.

I desperately need more RMCs though. Only got one #basicbitch.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I've enjoyed reading people's lists and feeling smug.
Basically, I am feeling the same way.... But I didn't want to come off sounding like a douche. Haha

But I can at least add one to the list, the Togo Ultra Twister. I was genuinely disappointed that it never got rebuilt at Six Flags America. Actually, when they were closing Astro World I was hoping it would end up at Six Flags New England :X

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Mack Mega (riding Helix in 2018)
Mack hyper
New Gen Vekoma
RMC Wooden (riding Wildfire and Lightning Rod in 2018)
B&M Giga
Gravity Group (riding Boardwalk Bullet, Roar-o-saurus, Wooden Warrior, and Twister in 2018)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'll be doing quite a few 'new' things the coming months but other major ones include:
B&M stand up
Togo
RMC
S&S Launch
New Gen Vekoma
Mack & Gerstaluer Hyper
4D coaster
Prefab