What's new

Coaster sculputre

Nic

Strata Poster
A rollercoaster inspired sculpture has been unveiled in Germany. It's a massive walkway that loosely takes the shape of a coaster track.

article-2061199-0EC87BFF00000578-176_964x491.jpg

article-0-0EC98A0B00000578-935_964x468.jpg

I'm surprised they've not had anything like this in the Tate Modern yet.

Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -ride.html

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
CBA to click the link (and dirty my internet history with the Daily Mail) but can you walk through the loop? I'm guessing not.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^No. It would appear as if you can only get as far as about 45º.

Nic

Strata Poster
Yeah, the steps go all the way round the inside of the loop, so unless you're Lionel Richie, I guess not.

Still kinda cool though.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^I guess so...now we know what one of the stunts will be for Jackass 4...

But seriously though, it does look like the loop is blocked off, so you can't walk around it anyway (unless you break through)!

Nic

Strata Poster
^Oh yeah, I think you're right. There appears to be some kind of fence/gate either side. Good spot.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It's a shame really, because that means thatyou can't travel from one end to the other-i.e, you get to the blocked loop and have to turn back (or do you?)!

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
You might be right, CoasterCrazy. Still a very interesting sculpture though, I'll be sure to check it out should I ever visit Duisburg. (Which is unlikely, seeing as I've never even heard of the place.)

Nic

Strata Poster
Movieland isn't far from there, and Phantasialand is only an hour away. Actually, it's only 40 mins from Toverland too :)