What's new

Coaster Quest: A new beginning

Error

Strata Poster
*dusts off RCT 3 boxes*

Alright...it's been a long time. A very long time, since I touched RCT 3. Mostly due to having a crap computer.

Well I moved on up to a MacBook (Which oddly enough they've stopped making, or just slapped "Pro" to it), so I have no excuse to not do anything.

Thus, Coaster Quest.

I've done a billion and a half versions of this one park, using most of the same ride names with a numerous number of layouts with both RCT 2 and 3.

Bare with me, I'm rusty.

Start off with the entrance. Very basic one to start off with. The bridge goes over the main road, connecting the parking lot to the entrance.
Shot0000.png

And now, a coaster. This is one of two that's built for now, called Screaming Timbers.
Shot0001.png

The theme is based around a legend of a rich lumber mill owner who has his wife murdered in the middle of the night. His old mansion is broken into and everything is stolen, leaving him nothing but his own sanity. His loses control and eventually poisons himself in the forest. The place is run down and has an erie vibe to anyone who dares to enter.
Shot0002.png

The ride itself is an Intamin Plug-n-play, dropping 110ft and reaching speeds of 60mph. Such is the first drop.
Shot0003.png

Guests take a long walk to the station, going through the many stages of the former owner. Here, it is full of color and roses, showing his kindness and such:
Shot0004.png

Eventually, the beautiful roses turn black with his untimely death. They now grow night black, marking the path he took for the last time.
Shot0005.png

Being an Intamin, the ride has plenty of ejector and floater. It's also pretty fairly wooded.
Shot0006.png

Oh look, another coaster!
This is the current kiddie coaster: Tiny Timbers (Such is the highly original names):
Shot0007.png

Weee!
Shot0008.png

This is a view (rather teaser) of the prelift of Screaming Timbers.
Shot0009.png

I don't know what to put here. Any ideas?
Shot0010.png

That's all for now.

Error

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Put a plaza like Kings Island. :p

I did have an observation tower for a while. But the ones in RCT3 look funky.

I also would love some fountains to make that happen :D

It looks pretty good despite me not being very keen on RCT3 in the first place. I really like the layout of the wooden coaster, but I think it could use some more land variation. Just raise the land or lower it in a few places, or maybe make a pond.

Other than that, nice.

Error

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
It looks pretty good despite me not being very keen on RCT3 in the first place. I really like the layout of the wooden coaster, but I think it could use some more land variation. Just raise the land or lower it in a few places, or maybe make a pond.

Other than that, nice.

I did make some hills, but they're harder to see with all the trees. Thanks for the compliment.

I did figure out something for the main midway. I took out the middle path and created a waterfall feature, adding a giant wheel in the back called "Big City Wheel" (working title).
Shot0002-1.png

Oooooo:
Shot0003-1.png

nealbie

CF Legend
I rather like it. Shivering Timbers also bears an uncanny likeness to the wooden coaster in the park I'm doing right now :lol:

A

Anonymous

I also like it. I like the little childrens woodie, it's a good idea and executed well.

Shivering timbers also has a good layout.

I'd like to see a 'classic' looper added to the park. Would fit well i think.

Jambo

Roller Poster
As i say, im quite a newbie at RCT3, and i hate building. Im no good with layouts of coasters, and themeing. It all seems doomed for me, but i want to learn and hopefully pick up some tips.

Is the bridge custom scenary? And how did you get it across the road?

Thanks ;). And good work so far!