What's new

Coaster/park industry news articles

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The best thing for that park would be to burn it to the ground with all the staff in it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For those watching at home, the Kings Island live stream is dreadful.

Gratefully CoasterNerds is doing a FB live stream:

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/CoasterNerds/videos/292896094398866/[/facebookpost]

mouse

Giga Poster
An interesting read, thanks for sharing!

Merlin-entertainments-CEO-Nick-Varney-x.jpg

Looks like a cross between David Walliams and Dale Winton.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In some not so shocking news. Harbour Land in Ningbo china has closed down. - https://rcdb.com/5917.htm
HLN2.jpg
The park always seemed to struggle after the bigger local parks like Fantawild and Romon World opened and i cant say I am too surprised to see it go.
it does now mean theres a perfectly serviceable Intamin 8 looper going for grabs. Havingsaid that the source article at the bottom suggests the rides may be relocated to Meishan.
HLN.jpg

Source - http://yz.cnnb.com.cn/system/2019/10/15/030092940.shtml

cocoa

Mega Poster
i'm really not a fan of china but part of me wants to do a ridiculous park trip there in the next 5-10 years before some economic/political/etc crisis happens and they all end up closing. it just seems unsustainable! but I guess they have a huge middle class so IDK, I'm no expert

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Another one of the usual "ride does exactly as intended and guests were never in any danger" articles today:

Although agree a bit of a poor showing if they only gave them some water - must have been pretty grim being stuck in the sun!

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Most be a slow news day when the 4th most read article on the BBC News website is of the Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach being evacuated on the lift Hill.

One of the affected rider has criticised the park for offering only a bottle of water as compensation.
If only he was a goon! His dreams would have come true....

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
One of the things that I prefer about most parks over PB is the fact that they often give out fast passes to guests who have to be evacced/emptied out of the queue. Genuinely irritating when you wait a good hour or two for the Big One on a heaving day, only for it to close due to technical issues and the park not give a flying **** about compensating guests.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Most be a slow news day when the 4th most read article on the BBC News website is of the Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach being evacuated on the lift Hill.

One of the affected rider has criticised the park for offering only a bottle of water as compensation.
If only he was a goon! His dreams would have come true....
In true Pleasure Beach fashion, the water was delivered by squirting it all over the guests and claimed as a new attraction for the 2021 season...