What's new

Coaster Express Re-tracking

Peet

Giga Poster
This probably isn't going to get everyone too excited, but Coaster Express at Parque Warner Madrid is closed until the summer for track work (stated on RCDB and the park's website).

I visited for the first time over the weekend so I was sad to be spited but it does sound like a terrible coaster by all accounts. Maybe this track work will address some of the notorious roughness, but from the POV it does seem to be a terrible layout with no steep drops and zero airtime. Plus it ranked an impressive #174 out of 175 in the 2013 Mitch Hawker poll.

Anyway, the work is evidently underway and the track is missing in places, here are some low quality snaps.
20180506_173102.jpg

20180506_173152.jpg

Will

Strata Poster
There are no words for how bad that ride is. Didn't find it all that rough (just vibratey) but the layout is offensively boring.

I doubt they'll be able to do much with it - this is one time the chainsaw treatment is justified.

Matt N

CF Legend
If only it were an Intamin prefab... or is this actually a decent ride? From what I've heard, it doesn't sound fantastic.

Lofty

CF Legend
I've only done two of their coasters, Bandit and Magnus Colossus. Magnus Colossus is one of the worst woodies I've ever done. Ever. Bandit wasn't as bad but had a large section retracked.

Peet

Giga Poster
It's interesting that the five coasters built by RCCA as listed on RCDB between them run or have run trains by four different companies - Intamin, PTC, Premier Rides and Morgan - they obviously never settled with one train supplier. Their ranking in the final Mitch Hawker poll is also telling - they ranked #131, #170, #174 and #175 out of 175!
Montezum didn't have enough riders for a rank, I'm hoping to ride that later this year actually but I'll keep my expectations low. I've been spited by Magnus Colossus and Coaster Express already so hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Here's hoping they can get rid of that vile bounce it seemed to have when we had the Live there with PAC a few years back. That vertical bumpiness it had hurt like hell.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Coaster Express actually offended me it was that bad. I was hoping for some roughness to at least make it slightly interesting, but it couldn't even manage that. Probably the most boring woodie I've done.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
Boring as ****. I love the national and don't find it too rough, but this is horrifically jarring. It's the boredom that's worse than the bone-rattling though.