(Coaster)BMac's Dev Topic

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: (Coaster)BMac's Dev Topic - Kuga

OtAl8.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Now this looks fun! I love the creativity of the prelift.

bmac

Giga Poster

Only reason why I did that was because I needed the space. The ride is going to be rather low to the ground but I'm sure I can pack in some good force and air time, too. The biggest problem I have is that the ride is packing so much speed into that turn the train rattles like an earthquake, maybe woodies just aren't meant to go faster than like 60 mph?

bmac

Giga Poster

vLKhe.png

I'll let your imaginations run a little wild here...

Intricks

Strata Poster

For the turn, it needs to be banked about 15-25° more than what you have it at (Im guessing, but that is one shallow turn considering the drop).

VooDoDe

Roller Poster

Those two airtime hills look really sharp if the train's going 60 mph. Maybe it's just me?

bmac

Giga Poster

Train's going about 45 mph, and yeah I'm getting the neg's under 1.5

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: (Coaster)BMac's Dev Topic - Xantia

ldAZC.jpg

So I got the G-Forces into acceptable limits throughout the ride so far and edited the terrain under and around the lift hill so it doesn't look majorly awkward. Making such slow progress because I really want to make sure this is as smooth as possible.

bmac

Giga Poster

and due to Ctrl+G being a total tool the entire triple down section got really twisty, too. So I had to start totally from scratch and make the entire section straight (along with deleting the turnaround after) and then subsequently editing every y-placement on the nodes. After a little bit of force testing I got the positive G's to be around 3.6 and the neg's around 1.3, which needs to be brought down to about 0.9-1.1 so you can keep your legs. Now the layout is going to wrap up around a hill after the now quadruple down in a figure-8 helix then dive back down the hill towards the station. It'll then go into a rosebowl (look at SoB and Beast if you don't know what I'm talking about) on the far end of the cliff. After the rose bowl it'll make a few small hills and then pass between the station and the lift hill (over the latter). I might add an MCBR there due to the length but I'm not sure, along with most of the layout after that.

This is sort of what I'm talking about:

svAxm.jpg

bmac

Giga Poster

w4jsj.jpg

I'm not dead yet, just moving really slowly...

bmac

Giga Poster

Update to show just how bad my progress is:

mxOsn.jpg

5KjUi.jpg

That's a Rose Bowl done right! MCBR is just at the mile marker, xD.

Anyways got some open time tonight so I'm going to at least try to get to the station.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

This thing is pretty vast! I look forward to seeing the finished product... eventually... ;)

bmac

Giga Poster

Ignoring the little phantom piece of wood I accomplished my goal... 7 hours late.

5DLFC.jpg

oh and don't expect anything of this scale again from me </3.

Oh and hello twistiness <3

uI8B3.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I'm loving what I'm seeing. I'm expecting a Beast like, tree surrounded ride when it's released.

bmac

Giga Poster

Antinos said:
I'm loving what I'm seeing. I'm expecting a Beast like, tree surrounded ride when it's released.

Two words for something that is off screen.

Trick. Track.

bmac

Giga Poster

Finished the layout! Lots of crossovers and terrain editing and smoothing need to happen, too. Thing tops off just south of 8,000 feet and creeps to the station at a snails pace 16 mph (well to be honest the station is about 40 feet higher than where the last half of the ride takes place). Pictures coming as soon as I finish smoothing and getting the terrain right.

Oh yeah there might be a 3DS bridge, too.

bmac

Giga Poster

imgur is down for a bit, finished up with the coaster so you'll be bombarded with images in a few minutes.

bmac

Giga Poster

4AL01.jpg

gB6QH.jpg

NUgGz.jpg

The reason why there's an absence of trees is because that is the edge of the usable zone for the ride and all the scenery. The bridge is a cut and paste from the premade Canyonrunner coaster that came with my copy of NL, and there is also a makeshift maintenance bay and transfer track off picture for aesthetics.

OpJ44.jpg

knB1V.jpg