What's new

Chinese coaster boom continues

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey all

I've been doing some RCDB research over the last few days and have come across a few coasters like the Vekoma Big Air in Taiwan which you may or may not have known about. We still haven't found that yellow B&M track but we have a few random rip off SLC's to fill our time.

And as always I reckon its beneficial to the community if everyone knows about random coasters so I thought id post what we got here.

Harbin Amusement Park - Steel Dragon: although this ride has its own topic simple because of the awful colours i felt it should be included here it beggers belief that SBL are still selling these After Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park and Discovery World got them I hoped people would realise. But no Harbin Amusement park not only got their own.. they painted it what must be the worst colours of any ride ever

W020090224347916318728.jpg

2519484_496227.jpg

Take a look at the news report here to see more. and to see them painting the ride with rollers??? whats up with that
http://www.hlj.xinhuanet.com/xw/2009-04 ... 238304.htm

Shenyang Arboretum is also getting a clone of one of these rides. but as of yet we have no pictures.

Floraland - Unknown Inverted: this ride is a bit of an enigma. Looking much like a fake SLC it currently possesses neither the support structure of the SBL type or the layout of the Golden Horse type. We believe it to be a new Golden Horse SLC layout but we will have to wait and see

p23742.jpg

Duane at the RCDB actually visited and took these shots

http://www.rcdb.com/8627.htm?p=0

Powerland - Shells Shuttle: a cracking looking little family ride in a shopping mall. not finnished yet but Duane managed to get shots of it testing the other day

p23733.jpg

http://www.rcdb.com/4348.htm

Red Dragon Mall - Unknown Booster Bike: currently no pictures but this mall is opening with a 610m booster bike as its main attraction. Why doesn't my shopping mall have any rides. grrrr

http://www.rcdb.com/4447.htm

Tashan Park - Unknown Looper:A small mountain park. hard to dig up info on this park but it appears to be getting a new double looper. This picture was taken in August

W020090826323883916333.jpg

Mt Nan Park: Another small park and another small coaster. This photo taken on the 1st of august shows the looper going up

000d87835c4c0bdde1650b.jpg

and this image taken on the 30th of august shows it complete. Good turn around time

00e04c6295950c04227410.jpg

Along with the new Mack coaster going in at Ocean Park and the Hong Kong Disney expansion it looks like 2010 is going to be a busy year for China.

Wow, cool! Although these may not be the absolute best coasters out there, China sure seems to be adding to their list. That looper looks kinda strange though.. Who's the manufacturer?

Good stuff.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Look's like China is becoming awesome for roller coasters! :)

As for the "rip off SLC's" - How the hell are they getting away with that?! They MUST have some form of permission from Vekoma, in which to make what is essentially a "Mixed up SLC". I know that Meisho build SLC's under licence from Vekoma, as well as Junior coasters, and Mk-700/900(?) They also make Arrow Corkscrew/Loop Corkscrew coasters, as well as some of their own designs.

Oh well, does anyone know what these Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment SLC's are like?

The looper(s) look rather Meisho-ish in my opinion.

:?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The golden horse SLC's may be sold under license I'm not sure. They are exactly the same as the Kumali layout. The SBL ones are apparently horrible and are a different layout altogether. They feature a loop instead of the sea serpent and then follow a similar although not exact set of inversions to the Vekomas.

The Loopers are both probably made by either Sameco or SBL. both look similar to Meisho rides.

Jake

Strata Poster
I think this is a silly time to visit China personally, with all these coasters (even though most of them are clones/copies) being built. I'd rather visit in say, a few years, when the coaster boom is over and there are LOADS more credits to be had!

Gazza

Giga Poster
Xpress said:
Go China! :D

Finally getting something other than a jet coaster, or kiddie ride.

Finally? What about the GG Woodie, the two Dive Machines, the two Mega Lites, The handful of Intamin 10-8 Loopers etc etc?

They've actually been getting good rides for a few years now.

Plus jet coasters are more of a Japanese thing.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Out of interest, do Chinese coasters have lower height limits?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
does anyone know what these Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment SLC's are like?

I rode the one at Beijing Shijingshan and found it to be ok. Not a great coaster, but worth a couple of rides. It was a bit rough, but no worse than, say, Limit at Heide Park. I quite liked the layout as well: not as good as a regular Vekoma slc layout, but more interesting than the Kumali one.