What's new

Chessington to get a new ride?

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Could Chessington World of Adventures Resort be looking at a Gerstlauer Sky Fly ride for next year?!

2uzqujb.jpg

2u8xa48.jpg

peep

CF Legend
May I ask where you found these images? I like sources.

This sort of lines up with the placement of the "coming 2016" thing on this year's map. I love these things so I'm kinda happy one will now be near me but the capacity on them is dreadful - so I suppose it'll fit right in with everything else at the park.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Theme Park Collective posted it but this week they haven't been the most trustworthy sources. But the plans are fake we established it over at Tpm.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I love these <3 it annoys me the nearest is nearly 300 miles away in Blackpool, I'd love Chessington to get one, they're only intense if you want them to be. I think this would be great to be honest.

Zac

Roller Poster
It's a shame that these plans are just more speculatory **** that these crappy fan pages churn out by the dozen. Although I can imagine the park getting something like this - a ride that cannot operate with any wind, really poor throughput and also not quite suitable for the market chessington is trying to target.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Oh man, one of those would be perfect for Chessington... Terrible capacity! They like terrible capacity rides.

I don't think this will fit where the "new ride for 2016" sticker is on the map, unless maybe they're ripping out the ferris wheel??

I'd never thought about it before but one of these really is what Chessie needs, experience wise - it's like Dragon's Fury, suitable for kids BUT... but, still dramatic enough to entertain adults. That's a rare thing. The height restriction would be the same too, I'd guess. And unlike many rides, that restriction reflects the ride experience.

I have a feeling that's a fan work though. Dunno. What's that watermark say? *squint*

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
If that is fake, then someone has waay too much time on their hands.

Like Joey said, this'd be perfect for Chessington. Great audience, fab ride, and it can be themed really well!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Treybleed

Roller Poster
You people seem to forget Chessington likes to have the records... Let me throw you some examples... They have Rameses revenge, arguably the best to-spin in the UK. Black Buccaneer argyably the best pirate ship in the UK. Vampire, Arguably the UK's dirtiest coaster (track and trains). Dragon falls, arguably 1 of the UK'S most run down log flumes in terms of theming when you look at it 10-15 years ago.

So on that logic this sounds like a great idea, they can totally cement the record for worst through-put in a UK theme park.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
It's a nice graphic done to fit in with their previous graphic style but reminds me a bit of that nice Flamingoland (or was it Paultons?) fake one that we saw a while back.

The text feels like it's written by an enthusiast rather than an official designer though as it conveniently answers all of the usual enthusiast questions -e.g. name, slogan, situation, rides being removed and also just the words used. (Hate to be that person but "freedoms" should also have an apostrophe.).

Might be wrong though.

Mitchell

Roller Poster
The images were made by John burton, you can look up his website and Facebook page he has tons of impressive fan made plans. Anyway his stuff is not real, he was the one that also came out with a design for Drayton Manors launch coaster for 2014 which never happened, so I doubt that this will be coming as well.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Merlin have put one of these in Lego Germany so I guess it depends how keen they are to work with Gerstlauer again ;)

It's nice concept art and would fit but as it's fan art, I'm not going get too excited.