What's new

Chessington Sea Life centre cover up Mermaid's breasts

Ben

CF Legend
God, these cries for attention from Merlin are starting to make them look like Lindsay Lohan in theme park form.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I thought Chessington was sort of exempt from the sort of stupid stuff that goes on at Alton and Thorpe, but it seems not.

In fairness, this did make me laugh a bit.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is pretty rediculous.
If young boys and 'men' are stood 'ogling' her (a f'king statue) is it just me in thinking they need to be seen by a doctor of mental health? It's a statue, yeah it may be tolerated to notice and laugh, but ogling a statue? Oh dear god no!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
God, these cries for attention from Merlin are starting to make them look like Lindsay Lohan in theme park form.

QFT

Chessie has disappointed me with this, but least it was only the Metro, online as well, since it weren't in today's...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I demand that all naked statues in the world get covered up!

On one hand I can see the concern but come on, it's a bloody statue. Publicty FTW.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I hope Tussauds never try again for the naked riding record ;)

Error

Strata Poster
Speaking from an art point of view: they pretty much ruined how the statue looks. Old ships had such statues, some even a full body naked woman. Adding this makes it less authentic, and more silly looking. I mean, at this point they could say "Oh, she doesn't have proper eyes. Let's give her googly ones."

Also, the second picture shows that it will not look like it was meant to be there. And the guy is coping a feel.