What's new

Chessie with a Thorpe ending.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Well it was **** tbh.

Vampire was down, making the rest of the park incredibly busy, to the point you can't move. This park cannot cope without it so we have learned today. We got some things done in the morning, but then wanted food.

Was there ANY food outlets open other than BK?? NO. Not untill the afternoon.

In the end we desided to queue the hour for Fury, with 2 little ****s kicking us. Then...THAT broke extending out queue time.

Rammy was good today tho. I did it twise. But then we gave up with hell at 2.30pm and buggered off to Thorpe which wasn't planned.

Got there 3.15pm. Having done 3 rides by 6.20pm was a pisstake tbh. It was THAT busy there too. We wondered why eveything was closed down. Didn't acctuallly realize untill about 15mins later that the park has closed!!! Even though the park was at breaking point with people. So we got nothing done. We thought it closed at 8???

Craptacular day at Merlin.

So in total:

Rammy x2
Fury x1
Mine x1
Rattle x1
Falls x1
Buck x1
Sealife x1
Tomb x1
Rush x1
Saw x1
Samurai x1

Pathetic.

peep

CF Legend
A-Kid said:
Was there ANY food outlets open other than BK?? NO. Not untill the afternoon.

Not even the Greedy Goblin Pub or the Pizza and pasta place were open? That's odd.

To be honest I don't think I've seen it as busy as you have described, then again I always go with quite a chilled open mind when I go, sometimes I might ride only 4 rides and I just wouldn't care as long as I've had a good day and seen the meerkats.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Ah we didn't check them 2. They could of been open. None of the stuff dotted around was open for sure though.

Ollie

CF Legend
The park was packed when we went last Thursday but I think it was due to the park being closed the day before and there being a rush of two days worth of people in one day. To give you an idea both the North and South car parks were completely full including the massive overflow field next to the grass car park.
When we got in the park there were tonnes of people walking around and it was a challenge to get where you wanted pushing through everyone. Although the weird thing was that we got all the major rides done and the longest queue was almost 2 hours for Fury. Oh and the Tiny Truckers ride had a 45 minute queue. :lol:
We even got on Fury and Vampire twice that day as well.
But yeah Chessie does get quite mad when it's extremely busy.

Beans

Hyper Poster
LOL we left in such a rush we forgot the Meerkats!!

There were No signs out anywhere to say Vampire was closed and many people were heading in that direction, only clue was path by Bucaneer was closed and two staff near Burger King not letting anyone through.