What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

Kebab

Giga Poster
Certainly looks unique! Don't think I've seen anything like it really, I love the twisty section through the rocks! It looks a great ride, I just wished most parks invested like this instead of hunting for records...

^That lame pun was not intended :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I like the tight turns and elements; very reminiscent of Italian Job.

I think it will be a fun mid-range coaster. Simple and straight forward.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Trenches still look like ****. I beams just hanging out when its supposed to be themed to an actual cheetah habitat. At least cover it with a net looking thing so it doesn't look so horrible. Trenches look so bland and not themed like they should be.

Looks quite mediocre.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Look at the concept trenches of Maverick vs. end result.

Considering the trenches were already existent from another ride, there was honestly so much Busch Gardens could do. I think it looks fine.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hyde244 said:

Considering the trenches were already existent from another ride, there was honestly so much Busch Gardens could do. I think it looks fine.

But when you look around the park and see the theming everywhere else much better than THIS and this was supposed to be the most themed attraction at the park, it fell flat on its face. I expect it from Cedar Fair, but not BG, because they typically don't half ass the theming...then there is this. Granted it is not a parking lot coaster but compared to what it was supposed to be, it is.

CPcisco

Mega Poster
Hyde244 said:

Tomahawk is talking about the plain concrete and sheet pile trenches that were dug out for this ride. All of those trenches were supposed to have the style that the second launch's trench had. He is not talking about the reused canyon portions of Rino Rally.

I honestly can't believe that Busch would leave those trenches that way, as they have heavily themed everything else, and just left a very key (and very visible to the passing public) portion of this ride bare and quite honestly ugly. I do hope that they intend to do something with these trenches in the future.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Oh gotcha, I thought we were talking about the reused Rhino Rally bit.

On second glance (comparing the concept video to real life), I do see what you're talking about, which is very similar to the "missing" theming from Maverick, such as the 4th turn tunnel and additional mine theming.

Would the theming have added to the ride? Maybe. But what still remained was one tremendous layout.

I don't think missing theming will hurt Cheetah Hunt very much, as it is based more on its layout than theming.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
After watching the POV, I'm on the fence with this ride.

The ride does not crawl through the layout, so that's good. The launches look great and it looks like there is plenty of airtime. The old Rhino Rally section looks like a lot of fun as well. I'm a bit disappointed with the dynamics of the out section and return section. I know it's supposed to be the fast portion, but the curves seemed really drawn out. I guess I never realized that it was just one curvy hill before the roll as well. I also noticed the trenches while watching the POV and it disappointed me. How come they couldn't make them look like Montu's trenches?

Is it a bad ride? Absolutely not. Could it be better? I'm sure it could.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hm, that POV has kind of made me change my mind slightly. I thought it looked dire and slow, but the pov shows it to have a nice decent speed in parts, also it looks like there's some nice touches of airtime too!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It reminds me of that pants Buffalo Coaster at DMP.

Slow, slow, fast, fast, FAST, slow, FAST, fast, etc.

It's a kind of coaster meander around the park. It's very bizarre to be honest. You can already see the "Intamin Shake" though, they really are becoming like Vekoma ;)

marc

CF Legend
I just do not not get this coaster at all :( It never really seems to pick up speed and flow, just when you think it will pick up speed it slows down again. Some parts of it look really good.

Maybe after riding it I will feel different but I just cannot help but feel its a bit of a let down.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think it looks good, especially the final section. It'll be one of them coasters thats just really good fun, and very re-ride-able.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I don't think missing theming will hurt Cheetah Hunt very much, as it is based more on its layout than theming.
But the thing is it's Busch, so it shouldn't look ****.

I don't get why on the parts of the ride where it gets closest to the ground, and hence where you will see any landscaping the most they opted for grey crusher dust under the ride and generic chainlink fencing. It screams Six Flags/Cedar Fair.

Why not overlay some wooden stakes on the fencing, or some more of the bright banners, or encourage some vines etc? For the ground material, why not use more natural stones with the odd plant poked in (like a savannah?)
If the ride is costing millions, then just choosing materials etc that finish it appearance wise should be small change in the overall project cost.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
MOAN MOAN MOAN.

I think it looks fab and fun. An interesting layout that lets you catch your breath. I love flying over the stream and through the rockwork. And from previous pictures the station area will look fantastic.

Yeah it's abit bare round the ride atm, but i don't think it distracts from the ride. I wish I had the oppotunity to ride this soon.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Yeah this does look better than the off-ride testing videos would have led me to believe. Doesn't look mind-blowing, but still pretty re-rideable. I'm honestly not too bothered by the unthemed trenches. I mean yeah, it'd be cool if they were stone and sandy like Montu's, but they won't detract from the ride the way they are. Kumba's got the same sort of thing all over the place, and it doesn't suffer for it.

Lofty

CF Legend
If anybody has seen how Robb Alvey has talked about it, he says that, "It's an extreme family coaster". While this is a very diplomatic answer, he has the point to say that, it's not in the league of Kumba or Montu, in terms of being based at adults/teens, but, it can be rode by all the family and enjoyed be everyone.

Btw, just a warning, don't watch the Rider Video he did, you'll want t punch your screen, I was very close to it..