What's new

Cheetah at Wild Adventures retired

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Herscend would be better off selling the park as they clearly don't seem to want to spend much money on it apart from bringing their Mini Mouse out of storage in 2019.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Seems that they're only taking it down that way so that the wildlife won't get disturbed. It's not looking like an RMC or a relocation is in order.View attachment 13190View attachment 13191
EDIT: Credit to @Kw6sTheater, totally forgot to credit him originally
I went to Wild Adventures this weekend and got plenty more photos of Cheetah's unfortunate deconstruction, here they are:
1630942528932.png
The remains of Cheetah's last turn into the brakes

1630942805847.png
1630942878496.png
1630943205716.png
The remains of Cheetah's turnaround (taken from Wild Adventures' exit road)
qi9eidfqekl71.jpg

It was pretty saddening to see this. Although I'd heard it was rough, Cheetah looked to be the most interesting (and best) ride here. In its current state, Wild Adventures is desperately in need of a signature attraction - everything there was 'okay', but nothing (besides their Hafema rapids) particularly stood out - and RMC (or Titan Track) Cheetah absolutely could've been their star attraction. That being said, the park wasn't nearly as busy as I'd expected over Labor Day Weekend - with everything besides the rapids and wild mouse having a station wait or less - so perhaps Wild Adventures just isn't raking in enough attendance to justify a large investment like RMC or Titan Track Cheetah (or to continue maintaining an aging wooden coaster with low ridership).