What's new

CF Lives 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Strata Poster
^
I *think* that was Sommerland Sjaelland - but mostly because that was my idea and I'd like to think that even then I wouldn't have diverted us to a park that hadn't opened that year! :p

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
CF LIVE 2018 DATES

Alton Towers - Sat 17 March

There is nothing better than going to ride a new coaster on opening day, watching everybody tripping up over themselves to be first on it. Let’s be optimistic that Wicker Man will be open! Topic popping up very soon.

Blackpool - Sat 23 June
Out, regrettably, with the old and in with the new! Not going to risk an early-in-the-year trip to Blackpool in case Icon isn’t ready, so late June it is. Plus the weather might be better. We will also hold a small memorial service for Wild Mouse. But ICON, it’s all about Icon.

Liseberg - Sat 14 July
New Dive Machine that I’ve yet to master pronouncing, let alone spelling! The park is open until 11pm, so plenty of time to get loads of stuff done, especially rerides on Helix! I will confirm with the park that Dive Machine will be open in next few days. There will not be a short memorial service for Kanonononen.

Poland - Sat/Sun 22-23 September
It’s going to happen. Not too sure of the order yet but the two parks in question will be Energylandia and Legendia.

GhosterForce - 19-21 October
This was tough to settle on but following has been decided:
- Friday 19th Slagharen in daytime and Hellendoorn Screams event in evening
- Sat 20th Billy Bird cred in morning and then Toverland Halloween event
- Sun 21st Dippie Doe and optional Walibi Holland add on

Alton Towers - Sun 4 November
Ending the season once again with Alton Fireworks. Yes, I know, two visits in one season but did you see those pics of Wicker Man in the dark? Good lord

As always, it’s never easy to satisfy everybody but I do hope you can make one, some or all of the trips this year. This itinerary takes in five (if Hyperion opens) of the big new 2018 creds opening this year, so noes the time to book holiday from work and save those pennies!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It’s looking likely that both Liseberg and Energylandia won’t be opening their new creds this years. Flights to Gothenburg on those dates are bloody expensive, too.

So I’m reopening this for suggestions. Where would you like to go instead!?

Will

Strata Poster
Bugger.
I'll have a think - probably an unpopular suggestion, but would anyone else like to do Poland anyway?

Smithy

Strata Poster
What's the issue with Liseberg? Someone said something about a tunnel?

I'd held off on booking the dates but I had noticed the flights seemed pricey.

Any of the French parks worth a visit?

jayjay

Giga Poster
From a selfish point of view, I'd vote for North-west France, Rome or continue on with Poland, and definitely not Spain or Benelux. But that's just overlap and I don't really mind whatever.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Do we think Hyperion will be spiting in September? (Its going up fast now)
JKM posted this in Hyperion construction topic
So... bad news. As expexted, there will be delay in Hyperion's opening. Intamin wanted to test new coaster in various weather conditions. The best month for that seems to be April, but because of workers mistakes, it is postponded to August or... even next year, depending on luck.

This is quote from Rezerwuar ( SSC ), the guy that has his source in EL.

Not quite sure what to make of it. I'm no engineer (or weather expert), but I have no clue how the weather in August is more apt for testing (comparable with April) than lets say June.
Though on the plus side, they did open their SLC in September, so if they can carry the tests in August, I can see Hyperion being open by late September as well.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'd say keep the Poland trip in for now. There's still a chance Hyperion will open, as surely they can do quite a bit of regular testing once the construction is complete and do whatever this 'different weather' testing is when the conditions allow for it. Plus even if it doesn't open there's plenty of decent creds that most poeple haven't got. I'm still up for going anyway.

Aside from that I probably wasn't going to make any of the other trips but Holland and Germany are always worth a look, and there is a brand new park in France if it opens on time :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
What about a mini-tour of Belgium? If I'm thinking correctly, we've never done a 'proper' Live there and there's actually quite a fab selection of parks:

- Walibi Belgium (with Tiki Waka new for 2018)
- Bellewaerde (no new cred this year but a fab park anyway)
- Bobbejaanland (blergh, I hate this park but it's got loads of cred loads)
- Plopsa Coo (very, very pretty setting!)

You could easily do a fab little tour of these parks over a few days with very little travelling distance inbetween. No major new creds, but a healthy +18 for those who've never been before. Just throwing it out there!

Nic

Strata Poster
I'd be up for doing Poland regardless. We'll have to go back in a couple of years anyway, so it'll just be one extra cred to look forward to.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I'd be up for a Belgium Live as well! Especially Walibi so you all can get soaked on Pulsar! ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’m still tempted by Poland. It’s probably going to be my only “big” coaster trip of the year (other than the usual IAAPA).

Belgium I could get on board with. *scratches chin*

Will

Strata Poster
Historically, I've always preferred to think of Lives as one 'big' park per full day, rather than a bitty cred run that happens to be in another country. Having said that, if people were open to going down the other route a la Belgium, I've had my eye on that big glut of creds in the south of France around Marseille for a good few years now, so there's a thought.
If anyone felt particularly brave, Ankapark in Turkey's good for a 'quantity, not quality' trip, but I suspect everyone's put off that region for the same reasons I would be.

I'm still in camp 'Let's go to Poland anyway' though.

I suspect you wouldn't anyway, but don't try Belgium on August bank holiday weekend. Due to the Belgian GP, getting anywhere near Plopsa Coo would be a struggle.

Last edited:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'd definitely be up for a Belgium trip, I need to visit all those parks now.
I'd also be up for Poland. It's definitely a case of 'ok put off until next year. it's next year and they're getting something else, let's wait until next year. It's the year after next and they're getting something else, let's wait until next year. It's the year after the year after next and.......'

You get the idea ;)

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I'd definitely be up for a Belgium trip, I need to visit all those parks now.
I'd also be up for Poland. It's definitely a case of 'ok put off until next year. it's next year and they're getting something else, let's wait until next year. It's the year after next and they're getting something else, let's wait until next year. It's the year after the year after next and.......'

You get the idea ;)

Is there anything first week in July?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I guess Poland would still be a fun weekend even if Hyperion doesn't open. I mean, there's always Lech for a ride of substance!

I need three of those Belgian parks so colour me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.