What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
I think just Hansa and Heide would be majorly womp womp after this great GF - Movie Park's event is supposedly great so would be a real shame to miss that.

We did a similar drive and one-way trip for the Sweden live, I'm sure we can make it work. I'll look into it soon and draft ideas.

Snoo

The Legend
Parc Asterix definitely interests me, but I suspect it may clash with my trip to the USA which is early-mid June. I definitely want to get back to Thorpe next year too.

If anyone in the US wants to meet up, I will be going solo to Kentucky Kingdom and/or Holiday World when my wife is binging on Country Music in Nashville around 10th June... :)

Create a thread around that time. I'm looking to get back to KK. :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Just gonna throw my 2p in.

The distance according to Google is around 3 hours or so, which is very similar to the journeys in Sweden, as Ben has pointed out, so it's really not that terrible - especially if you break it up by a hotel in the middle, like on this GF trip (which isn't that far off of the same distances really).

I'd have just thought that the point of 'Ghosterforce' and the way it's been done in the past is to take in the Halloween events and see the parks come 'alive' with great a great event - if you miss out Movie Park, you're missing out the only park that actually has a substantial event associated with it? So there's not really a point in using those parks as part of 'Ghosterforce' when there's other parks in a relatively closer area that offer bigger events?

I'd say keep Movie Park in, personally.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Google maps said 4 hours earlier, but I suppose that included traffic at the time. And yes, breaking up the journey with a hotel would be a must.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And I forgot to ask - GhosterForce drivers! Please let me know if you're willing to drive so I can work out how many spaces to offer!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm down for driving again and am happy to do the 4 hour trek. Movieland Park makes much more sense for Halloween and it'll be cheaper overall to do it as one trip, even with the extra hire car drop off fee.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Create a thread around that time. I'm looking to get back to KK. :)
Cool! I actually already have a thread in the trip planning forum but will post again in here next year. Also going to a bunch of other US parks such as Dollywood, SFOG and some of the New England parks... :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
And I forgot to ask - GhosterForce drivers! Please let me know if you're willing to drive so I can work out how many spaces to offer!
Yep, happy to drive again. Also no issue with the 4 hour drive, definitely keep Movie Park in the itinerary.
edit - Just had a quick look at prices and the extra drop off fee is minimal. 4 days hire with drop off is around £120.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, then, I'll keep to the Movie/Hansa/Heide formula for GhosterForce. Thanks to Sue and Tom for offering to drive. With me, that currently makes 12 spaces (three taken by drivers). No rush, but the sooner I have driver volunteers, the sooner I can get **** done.

And I assume the preferred order would be Movie-Heide-Hansa so those buggering off to Denmark afterwards are in the right part of the continent.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
It's been a long time since I've done a CF Live so it'd be like going to the first one again hardly knowing anyone, but I'm interested in doing the Blackpool meet with you and probably PortAventura but it'll be a case of seeing what dates they're on etc.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Frank would also be interested in coming along to Ghosterforce and would be a willing driver.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I would like to get back on the CF Live action this year.

I think we're going to Austria for the F1 in June so I'll grab those creds then.
Portaventura I still need the creds so I'll be very much up for that, depending on dates as December is my busiest period at work.
Europa for NYE, yes please Dr!
As for the other two, Plopsa and Asterix maybe? I still need Disneyland Paris (Don't judge me!) so maybe if I work that as well as WB and Bobbanjaaland into it I could join you guys for the Plopsaland / Asterix part of the trip? I'll have to look into it?
As for GF I would be down for Heide and Hansa, even though I've been this year, thing is I really want to do Denmark, also I won't be able to persuade Tash to drive to Movie Park as neither of us are really fond of it. So I could perhaps join you for Heide and Hansa then possibly head over to Denmark.
If we do decide to do either of those two trips and I'll have to speak to the boss (Tash) then we would have 2 spaces in the car for anybody that wanted to do the extra Belgian parks or Denmark instead of ML? `

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'm Really Keen to get to Hansa park in 2017! and would be up for other North Germany and Scandi parks - Heide, Moviepark, Grona lund, liseberg etc (none of which I've done)

The Plopsa and Asterix I'm all over - both parks I've not done and are bucket list parks - especially if theres time to do Plopsas waterpark!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I like the look of a lot of the non-UK stuff this year. I'll have to wait and see what the dates are before I can commit to anything, but I'm a bit more flexible with my annual leave these days, so I can actually grab a day or two in term time if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.