What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Thanks for the advice! I think I skipped looking on that one because it wasn't on the sites I looked at for some reason. I looked at flight times and the best options for me seem to be similar to the times others on here have suggested they're taking. If anyone's happy to have me on board their hire car that'd be fab although it might be best to meet y'all at the Chessie event first, hehe.
One other thought - Ferrari Land appears to be open then - are we planning to go there and if so do the combo tickets allow us to park hop freely to switch between night riding red force and shammy? Never been to the park so not sure how they work 'round there.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I was gonna come along to the Chessington live. @Ian I have one of those £15 vouchers left from my annual pass so you are more than welcome to have that if you'd like.
Also still intending to come along to PA, gonna start looking at flights and stuff over the next couple of days, are most people flying out Friday eve and back Sunday night?

Ben

CF Legend
^We're going out Friday morning and then back Monday afternoon but that's quite a while so I think that's work too.

nadroJ

CF Legend
One other thought - Ferrari Land appears to be open then - are we planning to go there and if so do the combo tickets allow us to park hop freely to switch between night riding red force and shammy? Never been to the park so not sure how they work 'round there.

Of course, that's the whole reason for the Live! Not sure if the tickets allow park hopping but I'm sure they would?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Count me in for Chessie, seems like forever since I've seen a load of you. If anyone has a couple of those £15 ticket vouchers Rachel mentioned going spare they would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, there's significant interest for the CWOA Live to go ahead and I'd lobve to grab one of those £15 tickets please.

Had a letter from Avis today, apparently I got some traffic fine in France but I have no idea what it is. So there's more money added to my expenditure this month!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Ok, there's significant interest for the CWOA Live to go ahead and I'd lobve to grab one of those £15 tickets please.

Had a letter from Avis today, apparently I got some traffic fine in France but I have no idea what it is. So there's more money added to my expenditure this month!

Ha, guess what? Me too. I had a letter off Hertz - they charged me 30 euros for the privilege of 'forwarding my details to the Belgian authorities in relation to a traffic offence'. Bastards.
That was about 3 weeks ago, so far haven't heard anything from this mysterious Belgian authority. Fingers crossed...

Incidentally, I also got a parking ticket on the Sweden Live last year - never heard anything from that either, so we might be alright Ian.

PS What's this about 15 quid Chessie tickets?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
2/3 Dec- PortAventura World
I've noticed they call themselves PortAventura World now (PAW for short). This is the weekend before two Spanish public holidays so it should be reasonably quiet. Please book your own travel/accommodation etc, as I doubt I'll get a better deal as a group. I remember a few years ago it was cheap as premium chips, with hotel, two days park and early entry being a bargain.

don't shoot the messenger, but it looks like there's going to be "fun" at spanish airports around that weekend...
https://www.thelocal.es/20170816/spanish-airport-strike-horror-looms-from-september
the dates are: September 15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th and 29th. October 1st, 6th, 11th, 15th, 27th, 30th and 31st. November 3rd and 5th. And December 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 10th and between 26th and 30th inclusive.
Ba*ds

Ben

CF Legend
Meh, my flights are already booked so too late!

It might not even happen, and if it does it's like the 15th date and not likely to ground all flights, so, it is what it is.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Ha, guess what? Me too. I had a letter off Hertz - they charged me 30 euros for the privilege of 'forwarding my details to the Belgian authorities in relation to a traffic offence'. Bastards.

Incidentally, I also got a parking ticket on the Sweden Live last year - never heard anything from that either, so we might be alright Ian.
I expect to see you on International Crimewatch at some point Howie! :D

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^I know, right? I'm, like, the Elwood Blues of CoasterForce. Or whoever it is the kids are watching these days. Van Diesel or sumat.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
310170FA00000578-0-image-a-86_1454970121071.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
From the article CD posted said:
Three main workers unions – USO, CCOO and UGT - are behind the action to be carried out against airport operators AENA but are hopeful that with negotiation a deal may be struck to avoid strike action
Bastard unions. Don't like your job? Find another. I'd wager the conditions are hardly Victorian. Anyway, politics aside, the bit I put in bold is what the optimist in me is focusing on. After the recent terror attack, the Spanish authorities will probably want to encourage travel to the country and end up striking a deal with the bastard unions. Doesn't matter anyway, I'll be flying EasyJet to Spain so I'll probably arrive a few days after the Live has finished.

CHESSINGTON

Hurrah, a bigger turnout than I expected! Thank you! Also, thank you for the offers of the £15 ticket but I'm sorted now, so if you want to offer it to somebody else, please let them make the most of it!

Usual meet up place - 10-10:15 at the compass in Market Square, or whatever they call that area now.

nadroJ

CF Legend
FYI for Alton fireworks, the woodland cottage things are £195 for the night. They have a double bed, a bunk bed and a pull out bed inside, so pretty good value for money!

That doesn't include park entry but good for anybody who has vouchers/Annual Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.