What's new

CF Live

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I really don't know if I can afford to attend a CF Live.

My family collects most of my paycheck for college, and whatever they do not collect for college goes to paying off SAT Courses and such. They would certainly not pay for me to attend a CF Live

what is the average cost of a Live? or just for part of it? due to my schedual i can't travel for more than a couple of days at the moment.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It depends on the itinerary and length of the Lives. To get a good ball park figure of total costs of previous Lives, try sorting through the older Live topics in the CF Live forum.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think my cheapest CF live was around $20. Basically, I just paid for food as it was a day at Cedar Point. The most expensive was around $450(I think. I haven't looked at the figures in a while) for Shuckin' Escapade. But for the length of the trip and what we did, $450 was a steal for nine parks, 2500 miles, and 10 days.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Next year's Live will likely be in your neck of the woods Hal, so you should have no problem joining in the fun.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Alright thanks :)
and i figured a live would be like 2 grand...

and aroung 450$ for nine parks?

my family spent about 700$ just housing my dog to take my friend and I to SFNE... i must be doing something wrong.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We're very open and honest with our costings, we do not make money or ask others to pay more to subsidise managment team trips. We also don't charge an aranagment or booking fee. We do it because we love theme parks! Before anybody heads away on any group trips, you should always total up the costings for yourself to see if you're being ripped off.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
And of course, you're welcome to just come along for a day or two if you like. Just meet up under your own steam and join in; everyone is welcome...

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Well, I used to be a member of the TPR Forum for 3 or 4 years, it was not so inexpensive, or sane for that matter over there.

But thanks for the info everyone :D Hope to see you at a CF Live soon!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Another thing about the cost is that with so many people going, the cost is split and ends up being cheaper in the long run.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just to repeat what others have said really, that the trips (even the multi-day/park trips) only cost as much as the park tickets, hotels and gas. NOTHING more.

The two USA Lives this year were insanely cheap considering how many parks we went to and how many miles were covered.

Even if you can't afford that, we love for people to just join us for individual days if they can. That happened at quite a lot of parks this year, and everyone is made to feel part of the group really quickly. A friend of mine joined us for one day; she's not even a member on here, didn't know anyone and she still had a great time.

Snoo

The Legend
Exactly.. we had quite a few people join up who weren't there and they were immediate family members. <3

That is the good thing about having a small group. We are large enough to make it fun but not too large to be overwhelming (sexual pun intended). :lol:

As Jerry said, next summer will most likely be up north to venture on the Dash, so you should be fine as long as we all don't hate you by next summer. :)

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
sounds good :D if you dont hate me by now i doubt you will by next summer. Unfortunatley i stop talking after about a month or so, and i turn into the very awkward person :-/

oh and how do you guys go about transportation?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
We usually meet at a determined location by any means necessary, whether it's flying, bus, or driving. Once we're all together, we carpool.

Nic

Strata Poster
The average live costs me about £50 by the time I've driven to the park, drank loads of wine, eaten pizza, kipped on someone's floor, paid for park entry, and driven home again.

What? Not helpful?

Oh, and, full details of arrangements and costs are given in advance of all lives.... especially when it starts involving group travel and hotels and stuff. Wait until a live you like the sound of is announced, then take a look at its own topic. That'll answer all your questions.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^In cars. Jerry and Marcus both drove, so it was two cars between eight of us.

If you want to hear a bit more about the Lives, check out the forum:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=13

You can see how one-day trips work out, and also how the larger USA and Euro Lives work.

EDIT: But keep asking your questions in here. Don't clutter up the Live forum with questions just yet. ;)

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
^I'll just have to get it past me mum then, she is over protective of how i go and where i go anywhere, even though i always pay for it myself.

I should just take back out my charter for the bus company my band uses... lol. It was suprisingly inexpensive. Bridgeport-Columbus in 10 hours

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^A good way to break the ice is to do a day trip first and have your parents take you to the park. This will give them the opportunity to meet everybody so they know we're not creeps. My parents met everybody at the 08 and 09 US lives, so that was pretty much the only reason I was allowed to do Dixieland Doozy and Shuckin' Escapade.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
true true. well hopefully ill be able to meet up with some people at Lake Compounce.

my parents arent exactly ready to go to Cedar Point... ever.