What's new

CF-Live Dates 2016

If Heide at Plopsa is not open in September will you still go to the Live?

• No

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hurrah! Not long until another glorious theme park season is upon us, so I'm pleased to announce this years CF-Lives which I hope you can all attend!

12717835_10153317369183639_306877834323566643_n.jpg

BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH - SATURDAY 19th MARCH
We're kicking off the season with a day at the UK's best seaside amusement park. Last year I was this close > < to arranging a brief CF meeting with Mrs Thompson. I will try extra hard this year and I have a few extra aces up my sleeve...

Thorpe Park - SATURDAY 14th MAY (TBC)
WC16 here we come! It is scheduled to open in Spring so this is the date most likely to change. Some of us will like it, some will think it's turd, but that's what makes Thorpe Park one of the most divisive parks in the UK and always makes for a lively on-park discussion.

DATE CHANGE! PAULTONS PARK - SATURDAY 4th JUNE
Paultons new area will not be open in time for our planned visit in April. Therefore, I am proposing a new date of Saturday 4th June. Again, this could change so please keep an eye out for further announcements.
Two new creds, or four if you count the rethemes of Stinger (which happened last year) and Flying Frog! ;) The new area is scheduled to open by Easter so I'm sure this date is concrete. I'm also confident that I can arrange a perk or two, most likely discounted group entry. I'll let you know way in advance if you have to book online.

DATE CHANGE! KOLMARDEN - SATURDAY 20th AUGUST
The sexy RMC Wildfire is due to open in June, so I'm sure this date will remain unchanged. Every attendee is responsible for making their own way to the park. I will obviously try to organise some sort of group entry or perk. I'm sure a lot of members planning to attend this will stay in Sweden a day before or a day after to visit Liseberg or Grona Lund but they won't be part of an official CF trip.

EURO LIVE - GHOSTERFORCE - FRIDAY 14th to MON 17th OCTOBER
Due to dwindling numbers at the usual Thorpe/Chessie GhosterForce, I have decided to rest those parks this year and head to Europe where there is more going on with new rides! Here is the line up:

Fri 14 Oct - Walibi Holland - There's the new Lost Gravity Mack coaster to be had!
Sat 15 Oct - Toverland - Four coasters in a beautifully presented park. I can't wait to return!
Sun 16 Oct - Phantasialand - Who isn't excited about riding Taron in the back and the other new cred, Raik? Oh yeah!
Mon 17 Oct - Efteling - The whole park looks amazing, everybody raves about it, so what better way to end the trip?

CoasterForce will organise ground travel, park entry, hotels and, hopefully, several perks along the way! All you have to do is pay me the money and meet up at Amsterdam Schiphzl Airport on the 14th and I'll take care of the rest, ensuring you get back to Schiphol on the evening of the 17th. The cost is yet to to be determined as I need to contact parks, hotels and see how many spaces are available - I'd estimate it would be in the region of £280-£350 per person. So far there are three drivers, therefore there are 12 spaces available. If somebody is willing to drive, please let me know and I can increase the number of spaces available.

If you are interested in attending this Live, please use the vote button above. Clicking the button does not guarantee you a space and you are not committing yourself to attending. It's purely to gauge interest and to get an idea of the numbers.

What about June and August and the USA Lives?
In June I have trips planned to Shanghai for work and also, quite possibly, the USA. If the USA trip goes ahead, then I will be holding a Live at Kentucky Kingdom. I will let everybody know by the end of February when I have it all booked up. US team members Tomahawk and Hyde will most likely organise other USA Lives. Stayed tuned for these dates. Please feel free to discuss in this topic.

August is always the busiest month at parks so it's a bit of a 'mare for group visits so I think it's best to avoid parks then.

There is also the good chance of an Alton Towers CF-Live that will be announced when The Smiler reopens, although I'm fairly tempted to head back in November for the amazing fireworks.

There we have it, boys and girls, I hope you find this line up tasty and will come to as many as you can!
IfC

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm interested in the Euro live but I'll have my own place to stay at, and might have to give Phantasialand a pass. I can also take care of my own transport, so I'm guessing I don't have to vote in the poll as I don't really count as part of the live then?

I'm also interested in Plopsa, but not sure yet. Sadly I have my own plans for Kolmården, as tempting as it is to fly over to Sweden for the live too.

nadroJ

CF Legend
As far as I can see we can make all of these, yay!

With regards to Alton, I know a few of us who attended in 2015 said we would absolutely visit on the last day of the season again and see it off with a night at the ATH - the atmosphere was magic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm up for a US Live, if anyone is organizing one. Preferably the midwest, or somewhere where I can actually go. :p

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I should be able to do both Paultons and Thorpe, assuming they're not changed to the last weekend of May. Date for Plopsa is fine for me, but I'd have to be totally dependent on someone else going and having a spare seat space.. So will have to decide on that one closer to the time. I'd also be down for Towers in November. :)

I've voted as a possible attending for the Euro Live, since I don't know if I'll be free due to the possibility of being at uni and not knowing dates for that yet. Would really love to do it though!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Will be aiming to get to all of these bar Plopsa unless the dates change! Very excited about possibly getting to liseberg before or after Kolmarden so hopefully can crash some other people's plans to do so

CoasterLists

Roller Poster
Euro Live :O, these are the four park most nearby to me :). I would like to do it, but don't know for sure about actually doing it. :p

mouse

Giga Poster
I should be at Paulton's, always wanted to visit :).
Am also hoping to get to Thorpe...

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I shall be at Plopsa and Paulton's.

I should think I'll be on the Euro live because why wouldn't you.

I could be persuaded for Blackpool if any creds en route are an option :p

Sadly I won't be at Kolmarden due to my spiteful bastard field trip! But that's life, maybe it'll be delayed ;)

I'll decide on Thorpe nearer the time.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
CoasterLists said:
Euro Live :O, these are the four park most nearby to me :). I would like to do it, but don't know for sure about actually doing it. :p

Just do it! It will be fun, and you won't be the only Dutchie going :p

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I've never been to a Live before... so I'll pop along to the Blackpool meet to make sure that you're not all just a bunch of 'freaks and uniques', (could be interesting!) and if that goes well I'm definitely up for Kolmarden (hopefully tagging on Liseberg too), and very possibly the Euro trip as well. :)

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
I'm going to miss all these dates this year. Unless the Alton one is in July that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So, in terms of the stateside trip, I've come up with the following itinerary. Keeping in mind travel distances, money, time, etc.

June 13: Kentucky Kingdom with possible add on of Holiday World: What better than to start the trip off with an RMC and Lightning Run? Adding Voyage!
June 14: Dollywood: Park is open until 10pm, sounds like Lightning Rod in the dark, plus all the other world class coasters!
June 15: Carowinds: Ending the trip on a 325 foot note on the border of the Carolinas.

Would love to get a US Live restarted after many years without, and with 2 RMC's, a B&M Giga, it feels like a great opportunity.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm definitely on board with Paultons (so close to me it'd be rude not to) and the GhosterForce Euro Live.

Likely won't make any of the other UK Lives, but I'm very keen on Kolmarden (and Liseberg!).

I'm currently trying to work out whether I can do the proposed US Live (I'm very keen), but I'd probably be looking to bulk the trip up a bit, as it's quite a long way to go for just four days... :p

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Euro Live is a definite yes for me, I had so much fun on the Italy Live last year it'd be a shame not to throw more money at European parks. Sister_of_Fraser may be interested but I'll have to get back to you on that.

I'm up for doing Sweden and since it looks so awesome I'd have to be in the Liseberg add-on posse to see what all the Helix hype is about ;)

With the UK lives, eh, traditionally I end up deciding last minute with a phonecall from Joey and Scarlet haha.

Bring on another season of faffing and occasionally coasters :lol:

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I can try and make most of these plus I can ask my mates if they'd like to be on hand as extra drivers for the euro live.

Nic

Strata Poster
I can't do Plopsa, but should be good to go for the UK, and probably Sweden.

I'm in two minds about the Euro Live. If I decide to come, I can drive, so we'd have more spaces available. When do I need to make a decision?