Votes: 2 14.3%
  • CF Team Wars

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • More ideas please!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mouse

Giga Poster
Sorry to take this to another topic, I was gonna post a poll in the existing one when I realised I couldn't make polls in team talk :roll:.

For those of you that don't know I am hoping to organise some kind of silly competition similar to the summer games we've had previously, and have been pooling together some ideas for what we could do. In order to get this going while I still have time here's a poll containing the ideas we've come up with so far. Please vote for what you think is the best idea and what you would want to take part in - whichever idea wins will be developed and organised! The ideas are...

CF Mastermind

Not sure of the actual logistics of this yet, but basically it will be some kind of coaster/general knowledge quiz with several rounds. Losers in each round will leave the competition until there is one person left.

ReadyCreddieCook

A suggestion from Nealbie
ReadyCreddieCook in my head consisted of people having to post 20 minutes of unedited video of them cooking something vaguely cred related from scratch.
If not this then this vote would be for some kind of cookery competition.

CF's Got Talent

Game consisting of auditions, semi finals and finals in which members display their talents with judges and public votes. Wide range of talents would be allowed as long as 3 examples can be uploaded (if they get into the final), such as art/photography, performance and whatever silly stuff people can make up :).

I'm a CFer, Get Me Out of Here

Group of members set individual 'bushtucker trials' or team challenges, while being voted out by the public until theres a winner.

CF Bingo

I could create bingo cards containing phrases, words and acts that can be found on the forums - for example 'Fab', or 'Aquatrax Confirmed'. Participants would each get a unique bingo card and must find the phrases on it posted on the forums (only from new posts) to be the first to get a line and full house.

CF Team Wars
(working title :p)

Two teams are set challenges with the winners receiving immunity and the chance to vote out a member of the opposite team. Eventually there will be 2 players left for a final (if one team is completely voted out then the other would be divided into two). Challenges could be stuff like picture quizzes, creating something of solving puzzles... as well as some silly stuff.

If you would like to take part in a competition but none of these appeal to you, there's a 'more ideas please' option to send me back to the drawing board! Just want to be sure a competition will have some interest before organising it.

Thanks for voting if you did :)

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Really like the ideas mouse! I've voted for the quiz based questions simply because I think they are the simplest to organise and are most likely to attract the most participants! I would however be up for doing any of the ideas!

mouse

Giga Poster
Thanks very much to whoever made this an announcement!

Chris Brown said:
Really like the ideas mouse! I've voted for the quiz based questions simply because I think they are the simplest to organise and are most likely to attract the most participants! I would however be up for doing any of the ideas!
Great! I agree that they are likely to attract more participants but will be probably be one of the harder ones to organise, there will be a heck of a lot of questions that need to be thought up. Also will need to work out how to arrange a time limit and avoid cheating. GuyWithAStick suggested doing it over Skype which could work, although I think it should stay as forum-centric as possible. Perhaps arranging exact times for contestants to answer their questions, with the answers having to be posted within 3 mins of the questions being posted... I dunno. There may have to be some silly rounds too if there are any ties :p.

GuyWithAStick said:
Why not try all of them over the course of the next year or two?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
Lets see how one works out first :wink:. Just because the most popular of these will happen doesn't mean the others won't ever happen. If this goes well then then I'm sure they'll be more to come. I think one or two a year is plenty though, otherwise people will lose interest - plus I won't have the time to organise several a year!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I made it into announcement cus I want it to happen!

Quizzy things are fine but it's tasks that get people involved. Drawing, acting, making, cooking, singing and so on.

mouse

Giga Poster
Yay, Team Wars it is then!
Prepare for silly challenges, teamwork and excessive use of graphics (finally I'll have a use for my adobe design package)!!

Watch this space...