What's new

Celebrity Deaths 2010 edition <final scoreboard pg29>

kimahri

CF Legend
I read about that guy In Cracked's Unluckiest people artical they did. I think I'll go find it again.

Rush

Giga Poster
I think the topic title should be changed to "Notable Deaths in 2010" as to be honest none of the people listed are really celebrities. (Of course, there has to be some claim to fame not just a random person from Wikipedia.) I wouldn't consider Miep Gies or the atomic bomb survivor a celebrity for instance but I believe they are notable.

Oh and by the way Mushy, Cushnie died on December 31 so I guess that's no points for that one. :wink:

Dave

CF Legend
Well I hope Paris Hilton chokes on some cock tonight then.

Rather than someone who did something that lasts for centuries not minutes.

Rush

Giga Poster
Well like it or not, Paris Hilton is far more of a celebrity than any of the people already mentioned. Not necessarily for the right reasons though. It's safe to say that most people have heard of her, however I don't think as many people would know who Miep Gies or Art Clokey.

I for one have never heard of Tsutomu Yamaguchi and even you refer to him only as the person who survived both atomic bombings. He's not a celebrity though, which is why I think this should be Notable Deaths instead.

Smithy

Strata Poster
To be honest, if it's published on a valid, large website it should count, who cares on the specifics of their popularity.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Two years ago, whenever anybody remotely famous died, there would be a topic made where Taylor would cry and mrclam would go meh.

So as a tongue in cheek response, I set up the Celebrity Deaths topic so people could post who died and earn points. Makes it a game.

I agree that most people mentioned are more notable than "celebrified" so perhaps the topic title is a bit confusing.

Raybould rushed to set this topic up so he's in charge of the title, rules and scoreboard. Not me!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
^ Only reason as I saw a death come up, so I posted. I will do the current scoreboard tomorrow evening