What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's been a very long time since I rode Mean Streak, so I can't remember the specifics of the queue - will the mid-field area be accessible (even if just from the queue) normally?

Looks like there could be some fantastic photo opportunities this summer if you can get to those areas!

Matt N

CF Legend
I really like the style they've gone for! These could potentially beat Twisted Timbers as the best RMC trains depending on what the zero car looks like! Also, as the ride is themed around rebels, are they doing a different rebel for each train e.g. one train is Blackjack, another is Chance etc.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Great move with the brand seared onto the train. Likewise, looking forward to the full reveal!

As I mentioned in the Twisted Cyclone thread, RMC is on point with their train design this year.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Talking more with @Antinos from the Winter Chillout, it sounds like Steel Vengeance will use polyurethane wheels similar to what Storm Chaser started with for operation (correct me if I'm wrong). In which case, pacing would be the "slower" version of what we have seen from RMC; I'm not too concerned, as Storm Chaser was already top 10 material with the original, slower wheels, but something that will be interesting to follow and if Cedar Point upgrades to faster wheels at some point down the road.

codeman94

Mega Poster
they could start out with the "slow" wheels to be conservative with testing, then try the faster ones and compare. They'll figure it out.

Snoo

The Legend
It's been a very long time since I rode Mean Streak, so I can't remember the specifics of the queue - will the mid-field area be accessible (even if just from the queue) normally?

Looks like there could be some fantastic photo opportunities this summer if you can get to those areas!

Hixee, they stated it should be very similar in represenation to the queue of old which means GREAT pictures, as we did with NTG. :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm absolutely buzzing for that then - CP operations and a ride looking this good? Sounds like plenty of opportunities. :p

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Talking more with @Antinos from the Winter Chillout, it sounds like Steel Vengeance will use polyurethane wheels similar to what Storm Chaser started with for operation (correct me if I'm wrong). In which case, pacing would be the "slower" version of what we have seen from RMC.
What would be the alternative to polyurethane? I know only that one or just plain metal being used for roller coaster wheels, are there other plastics that can be used?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Nope, poly wheels are slower than steel wheels. Storm Chaser originally had poly wheels, but then they were changed to steel and now it runs like a beast.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So things have moved around for the opening of Steel Vengeance. Cedar Point has announced Passholder FrontierTown Hoedown for the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (April 30, May 1, and May 2) for passholders to visit the park from 4PM-10PM to ride Steel Vegeance once and other Frontier Town rides: https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/passholder-frontiertown-hoedown

Here's the fine print:

Reserve your ticket for this exclusive event starting Tuesday, April 10 for the chance to ride the all-new, record-breaking Steel Vengeance, Maverick, the Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Skyhawk, Antique Cars and Wave Swinger*. All attendees will have the opportunity to sample select FrontierTown food & beverage items, play western-themed games and meet the Steel Vengeance outcasts, Blackjack, Chess & Digger.

Event tickets for the Passholder FrontierTown Hoedown are free and available only to Season & Platinum Passholders while supplies last. When reserving your ticket, a valid 2018 Season or Platinum Pass ID number is required. Passholders will be able to choose one of the three event days to attend.

Upon arrival, guests will be given a one-time boarding pass for Steel Vengeance* for their chosen day. Further instructions for attendees will be available on the event ticket.

Limited tickets available each day. Only one reservation per passholder for the duration of event. Must present valid 2018 Season or Platinum Pass and event ticket for admission. Bring-a-friend tickets are not available for these event days. No Early Entry.

*Rides may not be available due to weather or maintenance conditions. Guests must meet all posted rider safety requirements to ride.

This all irks me a little, as I have already request off that Friday for Ohio State Day, which has historically been the first pass at riding new attractions at Cedar Point. Fun perk for passholders, but I know I am not the only one who has already committed to that Friday for a visit (from out of town none-the-less).